MLB 2009 discussion thread!

IHATEU

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of these days I need to take a guided tour of my beloved stadium.

I know Marco did for at least one stop while in Cali.

Yeah i was thinking about doing that its not that exspensive. I know this sounds kind of homo, but i would love to meet Matt Kemp ahahaha, maybe get my jersey signed.

thankgod pirates got rid of the worst of the laroches but not before they raped the skill from the outfield and abandoned the batters box.. mccutchin's good but they'll get rid of him eventually.. i'm still gonna spend loot on all you can eat seats and take your dog to the park days.. but seriously, fuck the pirates management, it's like they want the bucs to fail..

Small market teams are having a tough go of it lately.

Brewers look like they're ready to be competitive, but if they lose Fielder they go right back down to the bottom.

This also sets up great battles of David vs. Goliath type shit which is always fun.

the PetCo tour was good, not great. No locker room access. I've only ever been to one other ballpark tour, and that was at the Old Yankee Stadium..... and that was awesome!

I would think the Dodgers tour would be better than the Petco tour, simply because of the team history and the stadium's "old school-ness".

I like this, especially since it's a lefty:

REPORT: DODGERS ACQUIRE LHP GEORGE SHERRILL

MLB.com is reporting that the Dodgers shored up their bullpen Thursday by acquiring Orioles closer George Sherrill. In return, the Dodgers sent two prospects to Baltimore: third baseman Josh Bell and pitcher Steve Johnson.

A club official could not confirm the deal.

Sherrill, who has 20 saves this season, would likely serve as a set-up man, or share the closer role with Jonathan Broxton.

I like this, especially since it's a lefty:

REPORT: DODGERS ACQUIRE LHP GEORGE SHERRILL

MLB.com is reporting that the Dodgers shored up their bullpen Thursday by acquiring Orioles closer George Sherrill. In return, the Dodgers sent two prospects to Baltimore: third baseman Josh Bell and pitcher Steve Johnson.

A club official could not confirm the deal.

Sherrill, who has 20 saves this season, would likely serve as a set-up man, or share the closer role with Jonathan Broxton.

Thats dope, would have liked to see the Dodgers pick up a starter but this will do for now...

Their starters are solid, the only question to be answered is can they step up down the stretch. I was more worried about the bullpen.

The offense needs to come through as well. Manny needs to start being Manny, Kemp needs to keep beasting from the 8th spot(something no other team really has, a strong 1-8), Martin needs to put up some kind of numbers going down the home stretch.

Regular day in MLB, nothing exciting goin' on..

Should be a lot of great series coming up this weekend to look forward to..

No need to dwell on teh past ;/

your a fellow Sox fan i assume, i wouldnt wanna dwell on the last few days either... Balto is next up, possibly a few wins in that series... at least the yanks lost tonight...

Archived