online schooling.

publicenemyno.3

so, this is probably a fail, but i figure that people complain about their girlfriends and ask for advice about that shit, so...

anyways, i'm looking into enrolling into a online college and was wondering if any of you out there in the internets had any experience with this. life's kinda hectic and i would like to be able to continue my master's without having to relocate to a different city. any thoughts?

preemptive tit posting so i don't hafta gtfo...

DSC_0249.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my ex goes to school online. and actually it seems like it's more hectic than going in person. she sits in front of a computer for like 8 hours a day, and her teachers are retards who never respond back to questions. i don't even know how teachers can get paid for that shit, they don't actually teach anything, they just assign problems and disappear. hopefully the school you're looking into is different.

I've taken some online (non college) courses offered by my company. They aren't too bad. The good ones put you on a conference call requiring a ear piece or speaker phone and they guide you through the course allowing you to ask questions to the instructor or listen to others questions. Not the same as being in an actual classroom.

From my own experience most colleges are pretty fucking useless for learning anything technical and fully up to date. I wouldn't knock it and it would be a hell of a lot easier on you if you work full time or have kids at home. If you want to learn anything you can pretty much teach yourself through books or the internet. Being more use full in person than on paper will get you a lot further than someone who's been drinking and partying for the last couple years.

Having an on line degree probably isn't as desirable as a as a college degree realistically. If you do have the skills the employer is looking for and make a good impression the degree you can get on line will be enough to make the minimum requirements and get you in.

anyways, i'm looking into enrolling into a online college and was wondering if any of you out there in the internets had any experience with this. life's kinda hectic and i would like to be able to continue my master's without having to relocate to a different city. any thoughts?

if you are already doing or enrolled in a masters, try to organize something with your college. they should be able to help you. most places now you can access lecture materials, assignments and stuff online.

i have not heard anything good about online colleges.

if its some dodgy unaccredited crap no one has ever heard.......dont waste your time and money.

but if its something legitimate like Stanford Uni offering long distance education......then it will definitely be better, and almost the same as actually being there.

isn't part of the reason you go to school is to be in the school environment, not at home?

i think online classes are a joke pretty much. and unless its thru an actual college its rarely accredited to any worthwhile level.

This being my senior year, I can say with the exception of maybe one or two classes that there is no reason for me to drag myself to campus, find parking, and sit in a class.

It could all be done online.

There is no benefit, social or academic, to me being in that classroom.

I've taken "internet enhanced" courses at my college where we just meet up in class once a week. I thought it was cool, gave me free time to do shit with an already full schedule. My friends classes were online only and she did well and it was better for her because she works full time. As long as you've got the discipline to still do work, study and read without being in a classroom 2-3 times a week, you'll do well.