chess......

Duck Butter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my uncle who is a big chess nerd got me into chess as a kid. i used to play in tournaments as a kid, until about maybe the age 14... probably because i learned it wasn't "cool" to play chess

in one tournament i got my name in the l.a. times in '94, came in 2nd place

i used to play with this half-chinese half-portugese girl that was good as fuck. she was about 4 years younger than me and would beat me about 60-70% of the time. but i only played her once in an official tournament, and i beat her. she was smart as hell... i found out recently that she attends harvard now.

i'm pretty sure i'm washed up now and suck since i don't really play often anymore. back then i used to study all of these openings (the ruy lopez, queen's gambit, fianchetto, etc.) and all these strategies in shit.

two books i recommend if you wanna start whooping ass:

this book was written way back in 1925... chess theory and philosophy... basically all modern chess players base their style of play on nimzowitch -- developing pieces early in the game and controlling the center squares of the board.

001527.gif

this one is for when you think you've gotten good, but can't go beyond that. you've basically hit a plateu. this book is for elevating your game above and beyond your current skill level

LCC.GIThtryc1993jsP.JPG

What the fuck you know about Backgamon???

my gramps taught me when i was 6 years old....id play backgammon with him everytime i visited his house (3 or 4 times/week) till i was about 17....and i still catch a few games here and there....so all in all ive been playing backgammon for the past 21 years...

i actually use more strategy than luck....and if there were tournaments around here id buy in....

yep.....when it comes to backgammon, im actually really really good at it..

answer your question?