Aesop Rock

enigmatic

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you like, a scientist?

heres my impression of an aesop rock track

"SUPERSCIENTIFICAL MY BRAINSTEM PONTIFICLE BEAUTIFUL MUSICAL MEDLEYS ARE DUTYFULL WITH FRUITFULL RESULTS FOR THE PROLETARIATE LIKE CHARIOTS OF FIRE MY BRAIN IS IN A MIRE SO I SQUIRE A PAIR OF PLIARS AND CLIMB THE GOLDEN SPIRAL....FIBBUNACCIS SEQUENCE ONLY COST YOU 2 CENTS"

then throw in a beat that has some pots and pans for drums, mabee a thunderclap or a creaking door, and a bunch of DOOdooDOOdooDOOdoo wanna be bob digi spaced out pac man noises and a sample of a ragtime shellack 78 found on the phonograph in their grandmas attic

• Like 1

are you like, a scientist?

heres my impression of an aesop rock track

"SUPERSCIENTIFICAL MY BRAINSTEM PONTIFICLE BEAUTIFUL MUSICAL MEDLEYS ARE DUTYFULL WITH FRUITFULL RESULTS FOR THE PROLETARIATE LIKE CHARIOTS OF FIRE MY BRAIN IS IN A MIRE SO I SQUIRE A PAIR OF PLIARS AND CLIMB THE GOLDEN SPIRAL....FIBBUNACCIS SEQUENCE ONLY COST YOU 2 CENTS"

you tried real hard on this one didn't you?

haha

nah cuzn straight off tha dome, want me to kick another dope interweb freestyle?

"IM ADVANCED MENTALLY LIKE IMPLANTS WITH STRIPED PANTS ARDVAARKS VS ANTS FROM JAPAN TO FRANCE MY MENTALITY ADVANCE LIKE THE SOLAR SYSTEM COLLAPSES WITH MULTIPLE SYNAPSES IN MY BRAIN STEM I REIGN THEM IN LIKE A CHARRIOT ABLAZE DONT TAZE... ME BRO OR THERE WILL BE NO SHO WITH THE HY PRO GLOW EVEN FLO OUT MY FAT CAP MY BACK PACK EXPANDS EXPONENTIALLY OUT MY MENTALITY":

its really not hard

sing rumble blue conglomerates sucking up lung while brushing parasitic critics to my left side.

the thing about aesop is that his lyrics are cryptic and difficult to understand but i enjoy his wordplay and delivery...it aint for everybody thats for sure...just like not everybody likes lil wayne

I dig it, but I don't dig how when kids say they listen to "underground hiphop" they name off names like Aesop Rock.

fuck it take me back to the 80s.

thats my problem

These kids never cracked open a Juice Crew album, dont know who Pete Rock is, and dont listen to Nas because hes to "mainstream"

and then they argue to the death that this def jux shit is real hip hop and everything else is mysogyunistic ganggster shit, when its really not at all...

hip hop is supposed to be aggressive at least some of the time

Lifestylez Uv Da Poor And Dangerous is real hip hop

Stunts, Blunts, and Hip Hop is underground

Outside Lookin In is real hip hop