The Vanishing of the Bees

Poesia [ ] T

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Is it just the domesticated bees? Or is it all bees?

Cause if its just the domesticated ones, yeah we wont be able to keep producing agriculture on the scale that we are now, but it wont mean the end of plant life as we know it. If its all bee's we're all going to die a slow shitty tasting death.

People just love to fuck everything up.

Farmers also get paid well to just grown corn. There are less and less farms growing anything but corn now. The government is banking on corn being the alternative fuel source, but it already proving to be environmental issue.

The whole bee thing is just one aspect of global change. The problem isn't a simple cause and effect situation, it's an example of how the global environment is under stress. Bees are important at a relatively low (read: important) level of production. That's why this is such a big deal.

T;6014878']90% of crops use bees thats why. Vegans dont eat fruit and vegetables?

woah im stupid

i think its this kind of out-of-the box thinking that separates the men from the boys

good job

edit. genetically engineered and modified food for the winzors

sure its not healthy, but we can just make self polinating plants

As i recall they understand the reason the bees are dying and trying to remove the product from the market and the european bee colonies are recovering. i may be wrong but i'm fairly certain i'm not.

in addition the farmers have a very strong grip on congress so they aren't ignoring this issue.

mites are old news.

Update: What i was thinking of is a pesticide that was banned in France and a few other countries known as Imidacloprid. The pesticide has been proven to have similar effects on the colonies as the effect of CCD (decreased olfactory abilities and the bees loose their sense of direction). The product is on the rise in usage in the united states and with the previous issue of the mites and IAPV incidents, the losses from CCD would have gone uncounted. It is hard to say whether France is correct or not until next growing season but my gut says yes, since most of the research points in that direction.

But yes, if all the bees died we'd be fucked. Even so, eco-scare movie piss me off.