The japanese have been kicking some serious ass.

iloveboxcars

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

not to be off topic on your thread, but sense you want to throw me under the bus. My ''clothing line'' was me jumping on the ''urban tee shirt'' hype seeing how this shit works and cashing out, made a few bucks and cashed out, sold the rest of the tees while i was living in Montreal to a few kids.

you buying 2000 doller ties is no difference from the kid placing outrageous bids on on E-bay on,the new Nike dunks with fur

its all about hype and what people will pay.

<b>not trying to burst your bubble I'm just giving my own view on thos outfits.</b> you ever thought that mabye those designers actually get ideas from homeless? that would be funny if it ended up being true, i should look into that, mabye I'm right seeing that the joke i posted is not far from the dudes above,and i don't care who made it or what fabric they used.

you arent bursting my bubble, you just are not reading the majority of what i have said or you are just too much of a retard to understand what im saying.

the homeless dont make their own clothes numb nuts. they get them from somewhere. usually that somewhere was inspired at one time or another by the high end fashion industry. these clothes are nothing like nikes, and i actually explained why above, but you decided to just stick to your same swiss cheese opinion instead of reading and becoming informed. just shut the fuck up already.

and thanks mar, i'll look into that warehouse thing.

If you live in NY, just walk down to fashion street and ask someone who looks like they belong there. (someone pushing clothing racks around or along those lines...)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i never got the point of this kinda shit. i think it looks dumb as hell, but wouldnt be suprised if alot of you thought the same about some of my shit so nothing personal. but yeah id be like afraid to fart in those pants, i dont think ive ever had any clothes that cost more than 80 bucks for like one item and that was just trying to get laid at homecoming in highschool haha. if i had a $2000 dollar jacket id probably get some paint or some shit on it the night i got it and youd find me the next day curled up in front of a half-done throw soaking in my own tears. my clothes=cheap and disposable.

• 1 month later...

it's pretty entertaining to read peoples reaction to high end fashion on a place like the oontz. to no surprise, as we've seen by the replies above, the basic consensus you'll get by posting clothes like that in a GRAFFITI forum is quite obvious e.g.:

1. that's gay/euro trash

2. tight pants are ghey

3. I only like new eras/baggy jeans/nike dunks. anything is gay

in other words, this is a typical response you'll get from american wiggers who happen to make up a large part of the 12oz community.

from my experience from traveling across the world, Americans in general dress the worst, by a fuckin longshot. it's quite embarassing. it's time to leave those baggy jeans behind and move on people.

with that said, i'm a fan of designers who make clothes similar to the ones you posted including ann demeulemeester and rick owens. i think that this area of fashion is an acquired taste and unless you've got some serious disposable income, you won't be able to afford any of it. that said, most people on here wouldn't know the difference between viridi and hot topic. they'd also never spend more than 100 bucks on an entire outfit.

/no homo

^^

I don't get why you need to spend more than 100 bucks on an outfit to keep up with fashion...

I mean, why get a Armani v neck when you can get the same one from old navy just without the Armani logos and all that shit.

If you really think about it, YOUR paying to advertise for them.

If your into expensive designer clothes, cool.

I understand that "taste" for a certain type of clothing 'coz I've always bought Adidas originals.

/end rant.

first off, your argument sucks. second, I said i'm a fan of these designers. I don't own any of the stuff because I really can't afford to drop $300 on a shirt nor could I justify spending $3000 on a jacket. If I had the money, it would be a different story.

third, you can't really compare Armani to the brands we're talking about here. you can't just pull up to a mall and pick this shit up at macys.

fourth, the reason people pay more for high end designer clothing is mainly for their design, build quality, and their used materials. why would you spend $40+ on adidas sneakers when you can go to walmart and get some starters for $12? because starters are fucking atrocious.

ann d im a huge fan of. i like some rick owens but the pictures i have seen of the upcoming season leave a bad taste in my mouth. he also did a collab with eastpak... i have a feeling dude is going to start going down hill.

that being said i dont normally buy this stuff new. every once in awhile i go ahead and do some wild shit at a store but thats rare.

also, construction, material, design is the most important thing to me. my justification for buying expensive clothing is i have to wear clothes every day. if i get a pair of wranglers for $30 im not going to give a fuck what happens to them. throw them in the wash a couple times and all the dye is gone and the seams break apart way too fast. i buy a pair of 400 dollar pants though and im going to take care of them. dryclean only, make sure they dont snag on shit etc. and they last for years or longer. essentially the money i spend on the 400 dollar pants makes my money back because given the same amount of time (1 pair = several years vs. 1 pair = a couple months) im going to be dropping the same amount of money.

the versace argument is invalid. you're confusing this type of fashion with the chanel, versace, prada, diesel etc. i dont buy anything that says the manufacturers name on it and anyone who does buy for the name is just trying to get validation from other people. 9 out of 10 people have no idea my clothes cost more than theirs do.

i dont do graffiti all nuts anymore, thats one of the main reasons i allow myself to wear this type of shit. i still have a streak with me at all times and i'll do a panel or 2 a week but aside from that im not really living the life anymore. im grown and i have grown shit to take care of thats much more important than getting noticed in that realm. if i was still doing it live, barely sleeping, up all night and day doing that shit i wouldnt have moved on from levis and hanes so if you're still there i understand why you wouldnt be interested in this type of shit. all of my clothes used to get fucked up the day i bought them.

• 1 month later...

Archived