Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AllYourOilAreBelongToUS

Tips For Developing Beyond Simples?

Guest spectr

dude you just need to use the power of the penis peanut butter...

this might honestly seem like a smartass comment but keep drawing till they dont suck... seriously stick you face in your sketch book till you come across something that doesnt blow complete ass.

The point of doing simples is to slowly evolve your own style. So if you think you have mastered simples keep drawing them, however keep on making small variations until you wind up with something that wouldn't get you slapped if you painted it.

I say practice 2 styles one simple and one more complex. Try to always paint simples first the complex ones will come as you are better able to paint. To just do a simple is your choice but there is so much more. But that should be your foundation, doesn't mean you need to have one style.

Forreal, just bite. Everyone starts this way. Just bite in your blackbook until you're able to understand letter structures and flow. Then change the style a bit and there you go. Once you get good enough with one style, change to another. That's half the fun behind graffiti, or atleast to me it is.

Forreal, just bite. Everyone starts this way...

Yep. I used to hit graffiti websites and print out pictures, take them to the notebook and trace it. Then I'd take the picture out, and just go off the tracing I made and try to freehand it. And after a couple pages, I'd go back and look at the original tracing and I'd notice small differences and little changes I made.

It boils down to this. Bite something.......then flip it and make it your own.

If you going to bite grab a copy of Subway Art and just practice i dont condone biting in genral but 90% of graffiti artists learned from that book and copying those styles.

yes just like anything else you copy copy copy copy then change a little here and there and keep sketching and sketching.sooner or later they will be ur own.

It boils down to this. Bite something.......then flip it and make it your own.

this is actually good advice...

bit the fuck out of something by tracing it if you have to, then draw it freehand looking at the tracing.

after you are comfortable with that then try to draw it from what you remember without looking at the original or the tracing. do this a few times varying things within it to accommodate what you are capable of, i'm sure this will happen anyways. then take these same ideas that you put into this other person work and try to place it into you work... it will help you develop your own style

HOW DO PPL DO GRAFF?! lol

Hi, this is a bit of a LAME question...but how on earth do these graff writers get their outlines so thin using spray cans. i put on skinny caps but still the lines are thickish, even if i tilt the can and put it close to the wall.

Also can anyone tell me actually HOW to do graff i mean the process of putting on the colours. i know out line is last, but how do you make the colours and the shading so correct? its a mystery to me.

like i see some pieces where shaded areas are cut so thin it seems impossible. do ppl puttlike one coulor over the top to make the other colours bit seem thinner -i know i made a crap explanation of that, but still, any advice or tips or knowledge would be helpful.

this is actually good advice...

bit the fuck out of something by tracing it if you have to, then draw it freehand looking at the tracing.

after you are comfortable with that then try to draw it from what you remember without looking at the original or the tracing. do this a few times varying things within it to accommodate what you are capable of, i'm sure this will happen anyways. then take these same ideas that you put into this other person work and try to place it into you work... it will help you develop your own style

This why i can draw you a sacred heart or any Iron Maiden cover ever from memory. Apply the techniques to your own. Solid advice.

haha... this shit made me laugh... its a idiots guide to graffiti or something...

I hear you on that. Came accross that in some old thread a toy started asking if it was worth it. Made me laugh. But it had a good picture diagram of what I was trying to explain.

I dont believe in biting, I believe in being inspired or having a piece that is inspired, just, gradually start adding mor letter connectors, random dodads or w/e, and dont try to impress anybody but yourself....

hey hey you AllYourOilAreBelongToUS you suck lolololololololololololololololololol but so do i ): go do some peices

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now