Osama bin Laden will release a video ahead of the sixth anniversary of the Sept. 11

Seffiks

It is really strange how the video just freezes at certain parts then continues but i have absolutely no expertise in that area so i don;t have an opinion.

However I did notice that there are many instances of the video actually being in action when he is speaking about current events. he speaks both about the democratic party and the kyoto protocol as well as protests in the US while the video is in motion. And i just noticed that from a one minute skip to the middle of the video im sure there would be many more instances if i bothered to watch the whole thing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A) Bin Laden has been encouraging and perpetrating acts contrary to the teachings of Islam for decades now. I'm sure a little beard dye isn't gonna bring any extra detractors now. You know, I've been on the fence with this Bin Laden guy for a while now, not sure what to make of the whole murdering innocents part, but man, that beard dye seals the deal for me.

B) If dude is on the move hiding in caves, I'm sure it gets to be a bother lugging all that nice camera equipment around. Fuck it, toss it out and get a cheap small webcam. Doesn't look as good, but damn if it ain't portable!

C) I encode video on a daily basis. And yes, encoding can bring stuttering framerates and awkward pauses without having the whole file be corrupted. In addition, many converters can bring errors into the mix, and screenshot-capture-type software will capture web lag if there is any. However this video got into the web, it most certainly went through various stages of capturing and converting that may have introduced a number of rendering issues. That said, the pauses in the video don't seem to be the result of this kind of error, they certainly look like edits.

D) Are they edited so that the message is cut up and manipulated around? Or did our poor sick Osama have a coughing fit during one of the takes and thus had to stop and continue a few minutes later?

E) Is it Osama? It looks like Osama to me, if he was old, sick, and exhausted.

F) If it isn't Osama, is the CIA (or some other US agency) necessarily an element in the equation? Wouldn't it be in Al Qaeda's independent interest to convince everyone Osama is still alive and well?

G) If the CIA is involved, do you seriously think they'd toss in a beard dye and random cuts instead of a flawless fake? I don't know, I guess they enjoy giving the people something to talk about. Good ol' CIA, always leaving some breadcrumbs for the adventurous.

H) Voice morphing technology will fool organic ears, but still can't hold up to a state-of-the-art voice analysis machine. Voices are strictly individual, the resonance of air and vibration inside our skulls which generates vowel sounds is as unique as a fingerprint. If your source of audio is heavily compressed and badly recorded, you have faulty data to begin with. You wouldn't be able to determine the source of this voice with total accuracy.

A) Bin Laden has been encouraging and perpetrating acts contrary to the teachings of Islam for decades now. I'm sure a little beard dye isn't gonna bring any extra detractors now. You know, I've been on the fence with this Bin Laden guy for a while now, not sure what to make of the whole murdering innocents part, but man, that beard dye seals the deal for me.

B) If dude is on the move hiding in caves, I'm sure it gets to be a bother lugging all that nice camera equipment around. Fuck it, toss it out and get a cheap small webcam. Doesn't look as good, but damn if it ain't portable!

C) I encode video on a daily basis. And yes, encoding can bring stuttering framerates and awkward pauses without having the whole file be corrupted. In addition, many converters can bring errors into the mix, and screenshot-capture-type software will capture web lag if there is any. However this video got into the web, it most certainly went through various stages of capturing and converting that may have introduced a number of rendering issues. That said, the pauses in the video don't seem to be the result of this kind of error, they certainly look like edits.

D) Are they edited so that the message is cut up and manipulated around? Or did our poor sick Osama have a coughing fit during one of the takes and thus had to stop and continue a few minutes later?

E) Is it Osama? It looks like Osama to me, if he was old, sick, and exhausted.

F) If it isn't Osama, is the CIA (or some other US agency) necessarily an element in the equation? Wouldn't it be in Al Qaeda's independent interest to convince everyone Osama is still alive and well?

G) If the CIA is involved, do you seriously think they'd toss in a beard dye and random cuts instead of a flawless fake? I don't know, I guess they enjoy giving the people something to talk about. Good ol' CIA, always leaving some breadcrumbs for the adventurous.

H) Voice morphing technology will fool organic ears, but still can't hold up to a state-of-the-art voice analysis machine. Voices are strictly individual, the resonance of air and vibration inside our skulls which generates vowel sounds is as unique as a fingerprint. If your source of audio is heavily compressed and badly recorded, you have faulty data to begin with. You wouldn't be able to determine the source of this voice with total accuracy.

my argument is that the act of uploading would not cause frames to freeze. that is what theo said the explanation is. it was passed around and shared so much that the frames began to freeze.

i laughed.

as for he cheap webcam theory, why would he suddenly throw out the nice tech he has and go to a cheap webcam? he's used nice cameras for ages. why downgrade.

also, the experts (the real ones, not the shitheads hired by fox news) say that he probably isn't cave hopping.

the way to analyze these things is to look at facial structure. then, to analyze for edits and such during the freezing, analyze background ambient noise.

voice morphing tech: if the ones who faked it are analyzing it......

Dyed black beards is acceptable and a status symbol for leaders in Bin Laden’s homeland, look at Abdullah. http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/abdullahprince_cp_3172539.jpg

The bright red beard is more of a pushtun thing, along with the child molestation and other delightful stone age customs. And since when did osama become a polisci major/12ozer? The neocons and warmongerers invade countries for the corporations, which invest in the war machine and global warming man! I got some Chomsky you should read man. Oh brosef, phish is so crunchy bro, more tunes man!

FUck its soooooooooo ironic how on one hand we've got the conspiracy nut Casek claiming Chomsky is an NWO pawn apologist for the government and then we've got Stereotype associating him with the conspiracy theorists.

i guess it proves that some people can't help but see the world in black and white

Dyed black beards is acceptable and a status symbol for leaders in Bin Laden’s homeland, look at Abdullah. http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/pix/abdullahprince_cp_3172539.jpg

The bright red beard is more of a pushtun thing, along with the child molestation and other delightful stone age customs. And since when did osama become a polisci major/12ozer? The neocons and warmongerers invade countries for the corporations, which invest in the war machine and global warming man! I got some Chomsky you should read man. Oh brosef, phish is so crunchy bro, more tunes man!

that's funny, i read on a sunni site that dyeing the beard black is wrong.

i went to the qu'ran and it confirms the sunni site.

i went to another sunni site and it confirms both of the other sources. finally,

dawood (king of the 12oz muslims and merry holder of tea parties and not sharing muslim women, hairy as they might be) confirms this.

j/k dawood.

Also I dont see how the CIA or teh govtz benefits for being reminded of their failure to kill this fuckstick, but a good conspiracy theory none the less.

there are no mistakes when it comes to things of that order. none.

they didn't capture him on purpose. just as bill clinton didn't take custody of bin laden

when he had the chance(s). it's not a mistake.

thanks for the good quality video on megaupload casek....but i couldnt wait for the 2 hour download....(i think my firewall slows down downloads hella much)...so i just watched the google video one....

but ill try and download the better quality one tomorrow.

do it before you go to sleep.

good point.

This is what I still remember after 6 years....

I will never forget how much it sucked working at an airport . I will never forget watching on TV with everyone else , Flight 175 go through the Tower . I will never forget how much panic and tears were shed by everyone around me . I will never forget hopping in a truck and going down to United & American Airlines and the looks on every one of their faces . I will never forget standing with a bunch of guys from work with a hand-held air-to-ground radio and listen and watch Flight 93 take a huge u-turn over Cleveland towards PA . I will never forget puking my guts out when I found out it crashed . I will never forget how fucking crazy things got when the FAA ordered down every aircraft flying over the United States . I will never forget when Delta landed a B-767 and had it parked near NASA because there was a rumor there was a bomb on board . I will never forget the next day , because I was the only guy on the entire airfield doing my job . I will never forget feeling the need to fuel all the GSE for the airlines and not hearing a single sound at the airport . I will never forget the 2,974 people that perished and neither should anyone .

sounds like you got a taste of how millions of other people feel every day when their countries are terrorized by a certain militaristic superpower

fuck that. go suck rise against's cock. yes, civilians end up dead in war, no america is not terrorizing the country's we are in. wrongs happen, war is horrible and atrocious, but if you think we go into their country and kill nearly 3000 civilians in a mindless attacks you are very mislead. i'm not saying the military doesn't make mistakes or that GW is a hero, but you're a fucking moron.

(less eloquent when tired and enraged by stupidity)

fuck that. go suck rise against's cock. yes, civilians end up dead in war, no america is not terrorizing the country's we are in. wrongs happen, war is horrible and atrocious, but if you think we go into their country and kill nearly 3000 civilians in a mindless attacks you are very mislead. i'm not saying the military doesn't make mistakes or that GW is a hero, but you're a fucking moron.

i'm going to avoid any conspiracy shit right now and let you know some things.

1: the war is not about stopping terrorism

2: it's an illegal war (not approved by congress of the UN security counsel)

3: torture was mandated.

4: troops have been going into villages exterminating every living thing, as well as raping

the women. (good way to improve relations)

5: iraq had nothing to do with 9/11

6: afghanistan has more poppy crops since we invaded than before (hmm)

7: no one wins in a war.

i can't stand when ignorant americans still think iraq had something to do with 9/11. how is this possible? i'm guessing these are the same americans that can't find iraq on a map or the US on a map.

it was good to see casek put the conspiracy shit aside for a bit. as far as what casek said:

i agree with 2, 5, and 6, and partially 7.

2, 5, and 6 because it's pure fact that can be backed up with empirical evidence. 7 partially because it's subjective, but i can kinda agree.

1 is opinion and half-truth, 3 is false, and 4 is mostly false.

i can't stand when ignorant americans still think iraq had something to do with 9/11. how is this possible? i'm guessing these are the same americans that can't find iraq on a map or the US on a map.

it was good to see casek put the conspiracy shit aside for a bit. as far as what casek said:

i agree with 2, 5, and 6, and partially 7.

2, 5, and 6 because it's pure fact that can be backed up with empirical evidence. 7 partially because it's subjective, but i can kinda agree.

1 is opinion and half-truth, 3 is false, and 4 is mostly false.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/07/09/soldiers.charged/index.html

http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/276750

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/legal/article2556468.ece

you can find the poppy crop stats by yourself.

dammit. i was trying to go to sleep and couldn't.

kinda ticked off atm.

oh, and what i meant by "no one wins in war"

is that no one wins. people are killed on both

sides.

hell of a sacrifice for trying to justify idealisms.

listen mate i'm not one to give a fuck whether you had a traumatic experience on 9/11 or not. The simple fact is your government has been directly responsible for hundreds and thousands of times more deaths than occured on 9/11 in central america, south america, asia, and the middle east this century and that's not even including 'wars'

YOUR WHOLE WAR IN IRAQ IS A MINDLESS ATTACK, and i believe the iraqi death count is somewhere in the realm of 650,000 with many more to come, you're the fucking moron mate go wave your flag on 9/11 remembrance day while your army kills another thousand iraqis underneath the same flag to mark the occasion.

are you going to man up and acknowledge this fact or are you going to suck your thumb and cry because finally someone fucked with your country?

they gay thing is it's not even american people that the entire rest of the world has a problem with it's just your fucked up foreign policy yet so many americans get all defensive when people confront them about their government and take it as a personal insult. just take a step back and look at the way your country has been run since ww2.

also that death-toll figure (if true) also contains non-innocent al qaeda and foreign fighters, and sunni insurgents and shiite death squads. i'm willing to bet the majority of those killed by u.s. were non-innocent muslims trying to kill soldiers and civilians -- and i'm willing to bet the majority of the innocent civilians killed were by muslim extremists, not u.s. soldiers.

the war should've never happened. i've been saying that since before it started during the buildup in 2002, back when it was "cool" for everyone to support the war.

but the way i see it; since we're there, iraq should be stablized and all terrorists and other destabilizing groups should be purged. i'm not really for the democrats solution that the u.s. should just pull out and let bygones be bygones.

the u.s. is making progress, and a lot has to do with allying themselves with sunni insurgents who are also against al-qaeda and foreign fighters. as a result attacks across al-anbar province (once the most violent area) has dropped dramatically. still, these sunni insurgents allying themselves with the US against al-qaeda still do not support the national iraqi government -- the sunnis policing and patrolling their own areas against al-qaeda is of a warlord mentality seperate from the government itself. the next step is to get them integrated with the political process with shiites, and in to the national police force and the national army.

listen mate i'm not one to give a fuck whether you had a traumatic experience on 9/11 or not. The simple fact is your government has been directly responsible for hundreds and thousands of times more deaths than occured on 9/11 in central america, south america, asia, and the middle east this century and that's not even including 'wars'

YOUR WHOLE WAR IN IRAQ IS A MINDLESS ATTACK, and i believe the iraqi death count is somewhere in the realm of 650,000 with many more to come, you're the fucking moron mate go wave your flag on 9/11 remembrance day while your army kills another thousand iraqis underneath the same flag to mark the occasion.

are you going to man up and acknowledge this fact or are you going to suck your thumb and cry because finally someone fucked with your country?

this isn't about my personal reaction to 9/11. i'll argue that war(ring) is the nature of man, i'm glad to be on what is most frequently the winning side, it happens, and will happen for the rest of mankind's wretched span.

OIF/OEF are not mindless attacks, they are capitalist driven attacks, which i am okay with. i don't wave my flag on remembrance day, i wear it on my right shoulder every fucking day, tragedies happen (on our side and theirs). take your death count (as theo mentioned) and eliminate al quaeda, insurgents, madhi, etc... give me that number and make it look as extreme. every fucker that drives his vbed into a gate gets counted in their death toll, every civilian killed by their suicide bombs gets counted; don't be so foolish as to blame every death on American soldiers.

man up and acknowledge the fact that American soldiers, my brothers, kill innocent people? i wouldn't deny it for a second.

suck my thumb because we got attacked? no. but iraq IS NOT about 9/11, do not accuse me of that sort of reasoning, afghanistan was in reaction to 9/11, OIF/OEF are not.

and to casek: i appreciate you not bringing up conspiracies...

1. i know, i believe it to be a combination of GW finishing his father's war and simply put, an oil war, also a bit of "eh, it'll help the economy while i'm in..."

2. i know, too late though to debate the right or wrong of it...

3. pretty much

4. this has happened, and i'd bet i'm more offended/disgraced by it than you... its a mark on me. but it is NOT by any means an everyday occurrence

5. i agree completely

6. this is true, and i can see you're jumping at a cia/drug run conspiracy...

7. wars are not won. wars come to an end. attrition will decide no victory, we all lose, period. wars do however ensure the economic stability for future generations, my family will be better off than their families, and i'm willing to overlook tragedy and atrocity for that.

this isn't about my personal reaction to 9/11. i'll argue that war(ring) is the nature of man, i'm glad to be on what is most frequently the winning side, it happens, and will happen for the rest of mankind's wretched span.

OIF/OEF are not mindless attacks, they are capitalist driven attacks, which i am okay with. i don't wave my flag on remembrance day, i wear it on my right shoulder every fucking day, tragedies happen (on our side and theirs). take your death count (as theo mentioned) and eliminate al quaeda, insurgents, madhi, etc... give me that number and make it look as extreme. every fucker that drives his vbed into a gate gets counted in their death toll, every civilian killed by their suicide bombs gets counted; don't be so foolish as to blame every death on American soldiers.

man up and acknowledge the fact that American soldiers, my brothers, kill innocent people? i wouldn't deny it for a second.

suck my thumb because we got attacked? no. but iraq IS NOT about 9/11, do not accuse me of that sort of reasoning, afghanistan was in reaction to 9/11, OIF/OEF are not.

and to casek: i appreciate you not bringing up conspiracies...

1. i know, i believe it to be a combination of GW finishing his father's war and simply put, an oil war, also a bit of "eh, it'll help the economy while i'm in..."

2. i know, too late though to debate the right or wrong of it...

3. pretty much

4. this has happened, and i'd bet i'm more offended/disgraced by it than you... its a mark on me. but it is NOT by any means an everyday occurrence

5. i agree completely

6. this is true, and i can see you're jumping at a cia/drug run conspiracy...

7. wars are not won. wars come to an end. attrition will decide no victory, we all lose, period. wars do however ensure the economic stability for future generations, my family will be better off than their families, and i'm willing to overlook tragedy and atrocity for that.

you don't seem like a bad guy at all. guess i was taking things the wrong way due to your post that i responded to.

and btw, thank you for serving.

Archived