12 OZ JOURNALS PROJECT.

boxcarwilly

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can i make a proposal?

since we can basically knock out upwards of like 7 people in the next couple weeks, and i know the PERFECT sketchbook to get, why dont we start it in our neck of the woods. about half of those original 7 are from other parts of the country and the book can tag along with one of them when they go home. so it will have some good content right off the bat, and get distributed quckly.

Re: can i make a proposal?

Originally posted by beardo

since we can basically knock out upwards of like 7 people in the next couple weeks, and i know the PERFECT sketchbook to get, why dont we start it in our neck of the woods. about half of those original 7 are from other parts of the country and the book can tag along with one of them when they go home. so it will have some good content right off the bat, and get distributed quckly.

I'm cool with that..I'm comping back to Philly on 10/13 and leaving around 1/6...

"How come it's penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your two cents in? Someone's making a penny."

I didn't really have any idea's at the time, I was just curious.. I like "The 12oz Journal." It's nice and simple... but then I thought of maybe like a subtitle(?)... The 12oz Journal: An Escape From Reality.

I know I'm thinking too much and my thoughts are no good... but I was just thinking for me personally, coming to the Forum and getting creative, writing poetry, drawing, painting etc is somewhat of an escape from reality, or just a way of dealing with it. It's like therapy.

I don't know...shutting up now.

Originally posted by boogie hands

not really, beard can just knock the people hes going to be in touch with off the list and the last person in beardos circle of people can mail it off to the first person on the list....just make sure whoever buys the book puts "the rules" inside the front cover....

the only thing i would add to this is that we have to know how many people we have total, so we don't have too many people for the book...this isn't a problem right now, with only about 40 people, but more people are going to add their names to the list, and we need a limit.

Originally posted by -Rage-

PLEASE USE THIS UPDATED LIST....

1. Dee38 (chronLca@aol.com)

2. Alkaline (whyihatetexas@hotmail.com)

3. boxcarwilly

5. TT Boy (heroin183@hotmail.com)

6. Santa Claus (stricks84@hotmail.com)

7. Comp (comp@provoked.net)

8. Secret (secret2create@sbcglobal.net)

10. va_MisFit_01

11. Cipher_one (varivers804@aol.com)

12. blahblahblah

13. Zack Morris (pissyourpants666@hotmail.com)

14. Sofarok (sofarok@yahoo.com)

15. ink lunatic (main2style@aol.com)

16. nipples galore (lorduns@aol.com)

18. ElemEnoPee1 (jsk8r13@aol.com)

19. mental invalid

21. Tessseract

22. yoshy (pimpin8ez_son@yahoo.com)

23. Devilush (devilush_hiss@hotmail.com) (you actually got #23!!!)

24. Obsessed (ObsessedOne@reject.net)

25. EatMorGlue (gluetown@hotmail.com)

26. Boogie Hands (Bumped...hope no one minds)

27. fr8lover (freightfetish@hotmail.com)

28. Raiser

29. AFI (hffkpma@aol.com)

30. Gravy Baby (AlonsoTony@aol.COM)

31. Kr430n5_666

32. KASTsystem (mike@kastsystem.com)

33. WebsterUno (big_D95112@yahoo.com)

34. Shameless Self Promotion (squirrelsrgood@aol.com)

35. dropone (writeonstuff@hotmail.com)

i dont think we're in any danger of running out of room in the book. there arent enough people who regularly post, much less sign up for this to even come close. on top of that, the book is pretty thick.

if someone comes up with the rules and all tha jazz, just email it to me and i'll sticker-ize it and put it in the inside front cover.

NOW, there is already a nice, classy small illustration on the outside front cover of said book. you guys can hash out what you want done with the cover, im just letting you guys know theres a bit of an obstical to deal with. IMO it looks damn nice with just the illustration, maybe leave the cover alone and do something title-like with the inside first page. again, you guys hash it out, im not trying to turn this into my own little science project.

Originally posted by alkaline

Okay, Beardo. Go ahead with your 7 or so people (if that's okay with DEE38) then send it to DEE, and so on. Revise the list so we know who is going when please.

I have no problem with that at all. The only thing is that someone is going to have to change the list around hardcore, and I hope it's cool with everyone... it's just a few re-arranging of the names in order, and that's no biggie.

So am I going next after beardo and his 7 get the book, and we start again from there... like I send it to Alkaline next, is that how it's going to work?

And the thing is, that i'll be moving to Vegas in January for Art School.. so that address that I gave Alkaline wont be the one i'll be at, but another one in Vegas, which i'll email him again soon.

Oh well so we're not starting in Hawaii huh, haha its cool i'm just kidding.

Hey Beardo I still think getting the book on the 1st would be cool, and glueing the receipt somewhere in there! Oh wait, unless this book is gunna be.. black marketed? even cooler.!

Alrite so Beardos gunna handle it first.. does that mean I email him my address aswell??

BUMP- The 12oz Prophet Journal

It's one hell of a name guys.. I likes. My vote for it totattly...

Earlier I was trying to think, and all I could come up with is: Bunny&Pancakes... fuck that bunny makes me smile, and hungry at the same time. I can't...... stop.... thinking.... of..... oolong.............

Why do I have the feeling the journal is going to have a picture of him.

you know what the most satisfying thing about this is? im going to hit this book "first"... and im not gonna write "first" on it anywhere

MUAH HA HA HA HA HA

Beardo, scan the cover so we can see what it looks like. A nice "title page" on the front inside cover would be good. You could have the title(BUMP: The 12oz Journal ... Is that okay with everybody?) and the rules written below. The rules are basic.

1. You have five days. Then you have to pass it on to the next person on the list.

2. Only one page (front and back) per person.

3. DO NOT rip out any pages.

4. DO NOT go over or diss anybody's work.

5. Post when you get the book and when you send the book to the next person (include pictures of your work if you can).

I think that's it. Did I forget anything?

Originally posted by alkaline

1. You have five days. Then you have to pass it on to the next person on the list.

2. Only one page (front and back) per person.

3. DO NOT rip out any pages.

4. DO NOT go over or diss anybody's work.

5. Post when you get the book and when you send the book to the next person (include pictures of your work if you can).

I think that's it. Did I forget anything?

6. Anything you like can be placed on your page. (keep the bitching of board members on 12oz though)

(Is that cool?)

Archived