Official toy battle thread

Krusify

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

FxCam_1306057559660.jpg

FxCam_1306057580229.jpg

FxCam_1306058481713.jpg

FxCam_1306061409764.jpg

FxCam_1306061379062.jpg

THE PROGRESSION

for alll you fuckers that say simple letters suck, and dont attempt using bars, fuck you.

bars are good, they work in your favor, i aint no beast, but using bars really fucking helps.

AS SEEN ABOVE!!!

im the first to post an entry, lets see all the creative shit others will do[:

As far as colors go its nice a solid but the color combo alltogether is dark. You need more contrast. Like black is pretty standard rot outline and 3d but the red fill is kinda dark and doesn't always work so maybe use a lighter color. And the purple doesn't help the piece overall at all I think. Its darm and really close to black so it doesn't make it pop as much as it could with another color.

For the letters check your proportions so each letter has the same thick and thin areas so that ones not fat and ones skinny. Your F is straight but personally I wouldn't make the smaller horizontal bar a seperate part and just over the other so yes it visually serves the perpose but its still seperate. Id make it connect to the rest of the F somehow. L is ok, I'm just not feelin the point at the bottom and how the curve flows. a is alright, I like how your cross isn't strait up and down, it has some curve with it and I think that gives that bubble on the a more shape and makes it look spherical-ish haha. Once again id connect the two parts making the a, the bubble and the bar. K is nice except how skinny that part is, it doesn't fit with the other letters I think and maybe connect it to the bar. E is nice. Ill draw up some examples to really get my points accross if ya want, if not its whatever. Not bad overall though dude.

I like the first one you did though, especially the extention off the l to make the little horizontal bar on the f. I'm not feelin the A, it looks kinda like an f. And the k has more flow than the other letters so its not really fitting in I think. And its size is skinnier where the rest of the letters aren't like that.

red and purple were the only colors i had i dont really waste money on markers,i only rack the ones i can use for the streets but for sketches na...and yea i couldnt come up with a good flow for all of the letters but i think the blank sketch for the 2nd sketch looks better with out the colors and stuff

jpg-1.jpg