HOW TO GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE

xfrodobagginsx

HOW DO YOU GET TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm pretty psyched that you even tried.

I find him interesting because he seems to have a very strong idea of how we percieve contemporary metaphysics, but had to couch it in secular language.

"Contemporary metaphysics" is an interesting term to me. From a basic perspective, I don't really understand how philosophy can "evolve." I have to choose my words carefully here because I guess only mean evolve in the sense of "intrinsic" improvement, which is another sticky term. My point is that in differentiating a "contemporary" ontology from an older one, you might be relying on superficial differences. If philosophy is concerned with immutable truth, the discipline must only change in the way in which it is expressed. There is certainly value in varying expressions of philosophy, but as I've probably said here before this value seems very Daoist to me, in the sense that anything you do is potentially philosophically benificial, simply given the fact that it CAN be done.

A drunken ramble after a doobie session, hope that's coherent.

I think you are most certainly right. I don't think much has changed in the course of philosophy. It is always the same truth just in different words.

But is important to every era of thought to have that truth said in the terms of that time. It is from these expressions that we find movement in other fields.

Taoist indeed.

The Truth about Death

By

NoeWhan

Your time on this 'plane of existnce' or whatever must be well spent. So many nasty things happen on a daily basis, it is easy to get frustrated or confused.

Death and pain are things that everyone fears, and we're all ticking fncking time bombs. Anyone could die any minute.

But really... What is death? Like most things, it's an illusion. Along with the fear that people use to manipulate the overall control. But, nobody can stay alive forever.

Death death death. Oh that time of glory. I can't wait... But I really want to make my time here so amazing, that my next life will remember it (if that whole theory of reincarnation is true.) Or maybe I'd like to be a different species. Being a fish or a bird would be the best.

Infinite is often used to describe the ways of life. And you only have to look up into the stars to be inspired by that thought.

People who have died before and who have come back, can sometimes remember meetings with glowing people, Gods, or being in their own paradise... Or even being led away by normal people in suits... to hell.

If you really want to have a near death experience... I'd go to the native American Indians, and meet the Heyoka tribe. They still practice certain 'death journeys' where you meet the Gods, and all sorts of weird stuff.

In conclusion... Nobody can tell you the experience, until you have been there yourself. Therefore my whole essay is worthless.