MARCH MADNESS 2007

kherd russel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm going to break it down for you real quick since you are obviously a homer and have no clue about real basketball outside of that conference on the west coast (which i'm not sure you've ever left)...

-Georgetown is NOT a contender i dont care what anyone says...and that is the only team in the tourney from the big east that could have ANY real shot to win more than 2 games.....

-everyone knows that an east coast team wins every year....(there is the occasional UCLA or ARIZONA big year but for the most part its ALWAYS a team from the right coast.)

-I think you're right that it was an UP year for the PAC-10 this year in the sense that they actually had more than 2 teams who had decent records...but lets not kid ourselves with the exception of the 2 real powers in that conference they play horrible non-conference schedules....you can talk about oregon's win over Gtown all day but i dont see that as a big win at all...(the next week they were unranked and seemingly going nowhere)

-The ACC had a down year and still put 7 teams in the dance...(thats 1 more than your UP conference on a bad year for the ACC supposedly right?

c'mon kerdis man you know you cant fox with my knowledge.....im way too deep

White people love the final four, because they fufills there fantasy that they can actually participate in basketball. Unlike the nba when they watch they get all jelous. It would be nice if our cribo had a t.v. to watch this shit.....to bad the situation resides in the contrarary.

what about steve nash? ok, thats pretty much it..wait, i forgot about all the cornballs from across the water...i

pac-10 is over-rated...washington st. is gonna get knocked out in the first...

arkansas is the most hated team right now...i feel for kansas st. and syracuse

i thinking kansas will take it.

transparent knows his shit.

i'm going to break it down for you real quick since you are obviously a homer and have no clue about real basketball outside of that conference on the west coast (which i'm not sure you've ever left)...

-Georgetown is NOT a contender i dont care what anyone says...and that is the only team in the tourney from the big east that could have ANY real shot to win more than 2 games.....

-everyone knows that an east coast team wins every year....(there is the occasional UCLA or ARIZONA big year but for the most part its ALWAYS a team from the right coast.)

-I think you're right that it was an UP year for the PAC-10 this year in the sense that they actually had more than 2 teams who had decent records...but lets not kid ourselves with the exception of the 2 real powers in that conference they play horrible non-conference schedules....you can talk about oregon's win over Gtown all day but i dont see that as a big win at all...(the next week they were unranked and seemingly going nowhere)

-The ACC had a down year and still put 7 teams in the dance...(thats 1 more than your UP conference on a bad year for the ACC supposedly right?

c'mon kerdis man you know you cant fox with my knowledge.....im way too deep

Alright transparent.

1st off. once oregon got ranked they never looked back and i believe they went all the way to what ranked 7th in the nation... at one point. 4 of there 7 losses have came came within 3 points or less and there on a 6 game winning streak... there average win margin for the Pac 10 tourny was 20.3 just watch out for a run alright partner. i know there non-confrence schedule was weak with only 2 Big Div 1 schools such as G-town (which they beat them on there court, cross country by the way) then nebraska. But overall the way oregon has been playin the past couple games.. just shows that they can make a run to the Final Four, and they wouldnt call it a season if they didnt reach the sweet 16. Florida has the only chance of knocking them out.

2nd. The ACC has always put etleast 6-8 teams in the NCAA tourny. but what there lacking this year is they only have 1 team that has a shot to etleast reach the elite 8 (UNC) all the other ACC teams will be lucky to make it past the 2nd round.

Overall G-Town and Oregon have a pretty good chance to make a run to the Elite 8, Final Four... and G-Town has a pretty good chance to making the Finals

what about steve nash? ok, thats pretty much it..wait, i forgot about all the cornballs from across the water...i

pac-10 is over-rated...washington st. is gonna get knocked out in the first...

arkansas is the most hated team right now...i feel for kansas st. and syracuse

i thinking kansas will take it.

transparent knows his shit.

True Transparent knows his shit.... only because ive been taken him under my wing and teaching him some shit.

Have you even seen Wash st play... dont think so. True Oral Roberts has a chance... but come on ked theres not gonna be any 14th-3 seed upsets this year.

White people love the final four, because they fufills there fantasy that they can actually participate in basketball. Unlike the nba when they watch they get all jelous. It would be nice if our cribo had a t.v. to watch this shit.....to bad the situation resides in the contrarary.

People watch the NCAA tourny.. because its the best sports event out there. and the players give it there all. people only watch the NBA around the All-Star game or the damn playoffs, those players do it for the show and a big reason MONEY.

PS. I'm White and love the Final Four. i'll watch NBA when i have money on it or its the finals.

im sorry im kind of blown away by a lot of the things you said and dont have the energy to make you look like you have no idea what you're talking about...(i know you have SOMEWHAT of a clue as toy what youre talking about) but heres just a few tidbits.....

1. i've seen you lurking in this thread since i made that post and its obvious to me that you were like oh shit he's right...then went to espn.com and got a whole bunch of stats to ramble off.

2. oregon was ranked pretty high but then when brooks got hurt if i remember the team lost 6 of 8 and dropped to the bottom of the rankings......so call that what you want (looking back?)

3. playing well the last few games of the season means absolutely nothing (see SYRACUSE last year)

4. i think they will win a game or possibly 2 in the tournament but thats as far as it goes so lets just drop the "oregon is unstoppable" routine because in the end theyre gonna break your heart....

5. Me under your wing would never happen. I'm like Dick Vitale and you're a struggling local TV sports guy....no we're not on the same level....

6. The only reason you're on the G-Town bandwagon is because you know if they make it anywhere you can come back and say that Oregon beat them this year...

7. Oral Roberts has a better chance than you know.

and last but not least neither one of us has the 2007 Sports wrap up almanac so we really have no clue what is gonna happen.....enjoy the games and dont get too caught up in your "picks" because more than likely theyre going to be horrible like everyone else....

People watch the NCAA tourny.. because its the best sports event out there. and the players give it there all. people only watch the NBA around the All-Star game or the damn playoffs, those players do it for the show and a big reason MONEY.

PS. I'm White and love the Final Four. i'll watch NBA when i have money on it or its the finals.

I was just joking, but its funny that you responded seriously. Theres obviosly a lot of dope european players now in the league. But there definetely is some people (usually middle aged) white guys who are turned off from the Nba because of race and a prejudice thug image. I mean come on.... a god damn dress code!!! WTF?