UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
haha^^, grappling is part of the game, don't watch mma if you dont like it, watch boxing or muay thai

thanks for explaining bro, but, if you couldnt tell, i was being sarcastic....of COURSE grappling is a part of the game, the same way that shooting 3s in basketball is a fundamental part of the game, and if dudes on here are bored by it, and would rather see slam dunks all night so they can send the youtube clips to their bros, then they should get out of this thread and go back to arguing the best way to make krink in the third rail.....

so, seriously, SHUT THE FUCK UP no one is on here to read your opinions about mma, they are here to read mma related news and stories

(not directed at you ed)

1. Wrestling is what is actually boring 2 watch, not BJJ.

2. Its MMA not boxing, you need to have some sort of a ground game if you want to be a high class UFC fighter.

3. Submissions are just as exciting as KO's if you know what the fuck is goin on.

I think this is what we can conclude on the last couple of pages, so now we can move on 2 another subject.. whats gunna happen in UFC 118??

so, seriously, SHUT THE FUCK UP no one is on here to read your opinions about mma, they are here to read mma related news and stories

So, you go to a forum and not want people to discuss their opinions? Are you fucking retarded? Discussions happen in forums, and opinions are what's in most of discussions. No need to get UMAD about it.

If you want to read up on MMA-related news and stories, go to mmafighting or sherdog.

Oh, and most wrestlers are still boring. Get over it.

.. whats gunna happen in UFC 118??

Main card

Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar © vs. B.J. Penn[1]

Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. James Toney[1]

Middleweight bout: Demian Maia vs. Mario Miranda[1]

Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian vs. Gray Maynard[1]

Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Marcus Davis[1]

lets see some predictions.

move on to the next subject, ladies.

Main card

lets see some predictions.

move on to the next subject, ladies.

B.j Penn's gonna smash on that guido ass midget. bj 4th round tko

Randy Couture's probably gonna wall and stall, but i'd love to see james lights out toney ktfo randy.

damian maia sucks cock, and i dont know who the outher dude is...so ima go with mario miranda, hopefully 1st round tko so damian will leave and go to wec or something.

KENFLO

NATE DIAZ FTW.

B.j Penn's gonna smash on that guido ass midget. bj 4th round tko

Randy Couture's probably gonna wall and stall, but i'd love to see james lights out toney ktfo randy.

damian maia sucks cock, and i dont know who the outher dude is...so ima go with mario miranda, hopefully 1st round tko so damian will leave and go to wec or something.

KENFLO

NATE DIAZ FTW.

I hope these predictions come thru.

Kinda dont know about Kenflo tho, im kinding going for Maynard.

BJ Penn in a decision.

who the fuck knows? but hope couture wins.

Maia in 3rd Round Submission. (Triangle?)

wanna say KenFlo KO but im not sure.

Nate Diaz with the TKO. hes crazy.

Roger Huerta Meets Eddie Alvarez at Bellator 33 in Philadelphia

Say Something »

8/12/2010 8:03 PM ET By Matt Erickson

Matt Erickson

MMA Writer

Bellator Season 2 lightweight tournament winner Pat Curran has pulled out of his Season 3 fight against champion Eddie Alvarez with an injury and will be replaced by Roger Huerta at Bellator 33.

MMA Junkie reported the news on Thursday and MMA Fighting has confirmed with Curran that he is out and with sources close to Alvarez's camp that he and Huerta have agreed to the bout, which will not be a title fight.

MMA Fighting has also learned that the fight will take place on Oct. 21 in Philadelphia, not Kansas City as previously reported. Bellator's official website does not list a city or venue for the show. [Eds. Note: Bellator confirmed the fight during its Thursday night event broadcast.]

Last month, Bellator founder and CEO Bjorn Rebney told MMA Fighting his hope was to have Alvarez, a Philadelphia native and resident, fight on the East Coast.

"I badly, badly want to do it on the East Coast," Rebney said. "I would love to do it in either New Jersey or Pennsylvania. But with Eddie's almost religious following around the Jersey-Philly area, that's obviously where we've been putting most of the effort to try to land a deal."

Additionally, MMA Fighting has learned that Bellator officials are calling this the biggest fight in the promotion's short history – and are even discussing a behind-the-scenes TV special that would apparently be in a style similar to the UFC's "Countdown" shows on Spike TV or Showtime's "Fight Camp 360" series for Strikeforce.

Curran told MMA Fighting on Thursday that the injury is a "slap tear" in his right shoulder that would not be healed in time for the planned fight with Alvarez, but said he'll still get to fight Alvarez for Bellator's lightweight title.

i actually prefer stand up and bjj as well, just think sonnen deserves more credit from you guys. But anyway, I cant wait to see penn vs edgar. No way penn is losing this one, he's pissed off and motivated right now. Davis vs. diaz should be a good fight to watch too.

and i knew your were being sarcastic block captain, i thought it was a funny comment

how can you not like roger? his fight with leonard garcia remains one the best fights I've ever seen.

edit*here it is if youve never seen it. 15 minute WAR. no KO, but fuck its exciting

yup, this shit is a fucking classic. i remember seeing this the first time and being on the edge of my seat, thinking that sooner or later someone would just give up and get knocked out... nope.

'crazy' would be an understatement for this fight.

yup, this shit is a fucking classic. i remember seeing this the first time and being on the edge of my seat, thinking that sooner or later someone would just give up and get knocked out... nope.

'crazy' would be an understatement for this fight.

good sports too, and a nice wompy titties at the end.

UFC Hall of Famer Randy Couture is one of the most well-liked people in the sports of mixed martial arts.

So, it's a good thing that Couture's opponent at UFC 118 -- boxer James Toney -- doesn't mind being portrayed as the bad guy leading up to their fight Aug. 28 in Boston.

"I've been the bad guy all my life and this is nothing new for me," said Toney during a conference call Thursday promoting the UFC 118 card. "If (fans) boo me, I love it. I'm used to it. I get booed every time I'm in the ring. I'm cocky, brash and braggadocios, but people can't beat me, so they boo me."

The 41-year-old Toney was very matter of fact when it came to predicting the outcome of the bout, which is the co-feature contest on a card headlined by Frankie Edgar's lightweight title defense against B.J. Penn.

"People just need to tune in and see me do what I do best," said Toney. "Randy is going to be Randy and James is going to be James. I'm going to win, hands down. I'm knocking him out. If he gets too close, it's going to be a wrap for him."

Toney has held world titles in boxing ranging from middleweight (160 pounds) all the way up to heavyweight and has a 72-6-3 record in the ring, but preparing for his mixed martial arts debut has forced him to learn a new set of skills, including kickboxing and submissions.

"Kicking is for girls," Toney said of his cross-training. "I like the grappling part of things. The rear-naked choke and guillotine. I like all that. It's like it came naturally to me."

However, Toney said it's his boxing that will do all the work against Couture come fight time.

"I'm ready and can't wait," said Toney. "I can't wait to show people what a real fighter does with his hands. I've been training for this for about 11 months. I'm born to win. It doesn't matter that this is my first fight."

The 47-year-old Couture has won two straight fights since dropping a unanimous decision to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 102 in August 2009. In his last fight, Couture submitted fellow UFC Hall of Famer Mark Coleman with a rear-naked choke in the second round at UFC 109 in February.

With wins over seven former UFC champions, Couture is no stranger to the limelight and he said representing the sport of MMA against a boxer in Toney doesn't add any pre-fight pressure.

"There's nothing riding on this for the sport of MMA," said Couture. "This fight is going to be MMA. Boxing is a good sport, but this is sill going to be in the Octagon and it's going to be an MMA fight. Things are going to happen here that don't happen in a boxing match."

Facing a fighter who has more than 40 knockouts on his boxing resume, one might wonder if Couture's chin might get tested by Toney. But Couture said his chin can still take a shot, even from someone as powerful as Toney.

"I got knocked on my can twice (against Nogueira)," said Couture. "But I was exposing myself. I should've relied more on my Greco-Roman wrestling. I've only really been KOed once and that was by Chuck Liddell. I've been knocked on my butt, but that's not an indication my chin is weak. Nogueira and Lesnar (gave him a flash knockdown), but with someone as big as Lesnar, there's little you can do about it. You just have to train to do what you do best and go and let it all hang out."

Couture said he doesn't have a preferred method of victory, only that he comes out on top.

"I don't have a certain way that I want to win," said Couture. "I've got a game plan to have a chance to win the fight. I can't focus on a submission or knockout. I just want to create positions to where I can win. I'm just as content to get on top and pound him out, but if submission comes, it comes."

Bellator Fighting Championships lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez will collide with UFC veteran Roger Huerta in a non-title super fight at Bellator 33 on Oct. 21. The promotion on Thursday announced the matchup.

Alvarez was originally scheduled to meet 2010 Bellator lightweight tournament winner Pat Curran in a five-round title bout, but an injury to the challenger forced the change. Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney indicated Curran would fight for the belt once he recovered, perhaps in early 2011.

A Philadelphia native, Alvarez has delivered 18 of his 20 victories by knockout, technical knockout or submission. The 26-year-old, who has tasted defeat only once as a lightweight, will carry a five-fight winning streak into the match. Alvarez last appeared at Bellator 17 in May, when he choked Josh Neer unconscious with a second-round rear-naked choke. A finalist in the 2008 Dream lightweight grand prix, he counts victories against reigning Deep lightweight champion Katsunori Kikuno, former Dream lightweight titleholder Joachim Hansen and UFC veterans Aaron Riley and Derrick Noble among his 20 career conquests.

Huerta, a loser in three of his past four fights, has not competed since he dropped a unanimous decision to Curran at Bellator 17 three months ago. The 27-year-old was involved in a well-publicized street fight in Austin, Texas, on July 31, when he appeared to come to the aid of a woman outside a nightclub. Finished only once -- by former International Fight League lightweight champion Ryan Schultz -- in 27 professional appearances, Huerta owns notable victories against UFC veterans Clay Guida, Matt Wiman, Brad Blackburn and Naoyuki Kotani, along with former Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion Alberto Crane.

went to an "amateur open fight night" deal at this club, gayest thing i ever saw. i was literally ring side and it still sucked.

there was about 6 fights, all but one were tapouts. the one that was a knockout was because some dude got his eyebrow split and bitched out. the punch that split his eye was coincidently the ONLY punch to actually connect the entire night.

if the girls gone wild film crew wasnt there i would have been pissed i wasted 15 dollars on a cover.