UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

I dont know man i thought that shit was fixed up until Anderson said he fucked his ribs up. makes more sense to me. he fought chael at 10%. he was definitely not his normal self. ive bruised my ribs before and i couldnt even sit up right for a month. So to get in there with fucked up ribs and roll 5 rounds with chael weather the storm and pull off the sub..... you gotta give credit where credit is due. chael fought a good fight but he couldnt put anderson away. that was his chance. if they fight again Silva will be 100?% and destroy chael. definitely not a faggot.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

great card of fights.

if you werent entertained you have a mangina.

looked to me like there was something sketchy about the main event.

silva didnt defend anything pretty much, but it didnt look like he was hurt by anything.

no cuts or lumps.

championship rounds come along and it looked like silva was ready to fight.

ufc is a sketchy organization and it would not surprise me at all if dana white told silva to make the fight interesting.

not saying its fact, but i wouldnt put it past them.

you could see silva trying to time sonnen's flurries and set up the triangle or armbar.

he got it when it mattered.

best fighter in the world. period.

gsp would probably win via unanimous decision cause of his superior wrestling and his jackson camp lay n pray.

great card of fights.

if you werent entertained you have a mangina.

looked to me like there was something sketchy about the main event.

silva didnt defend anything pretty much, but it didnt look like he was hurt by anything.

no cuts or lumps.

championship rounds come along and it looked like silva was ready to fight.

ufc is a sketchy organization and it would not surprise me at all if dana white told silva to make the fight interesting.

not saying its fact, but i wouldnt put it past them.

you could see silva trying to time sonnen's flurries and set up the triangle or armbar.

he got it when it mattered.

best fighter in the world. period.

gsp would probably win via unanimous decision cause of his superior wrestling and his jackson camp lay n pray.

I'm sure White told Silva to be more offensive/aggressive. Pretty sure White was saying after the last fight or so that Silva needed to step it up if he was going to continue in the UFC, no more dancing around, laying back, etc., etc., fans want to see the KO. Not saying I agree w/ that, but quite sure it was said to him. I also think Sonnen was probably told to trash talk quite a bit and hype things, I don't recall him being that way before.

heres an idea,

go watch boxing, 12 rounds of mosquito bite punches and no ko's. awesome

not

speaking of boxing...

james toney believes that he would dominate randy couture on their fight. he can box, sure... but ive known many 'traditional' boxers who have talked shit about mma fighters and get their asses served right up.

... and then make up an excuse about their loss. ive heard it all before.

"[silva] showed what a champion is made of. He fought through all of that adversity and through all of the things that were going on in there and he stayed focus and never gave up and that's the heart of a champion... Once he tapped, Chael kept fighting. He didn't let go because he wasn't sure of what was going on. He wasn't going to give that position or submission up until he was sure. Once again, Chael tried to deny that he tapped until he told the ref, 'I believe you,' it's like, come on dude, that's the same shit you did with Filho and Babalu. If you're going to tap, then tap... I mean, I don't necessarily think an immediate rematch is legitimate. It's not like he won by decision. You got submitted, man. Anderson got a few bumps and bruises, but let's be realistic, you're on a guy 23 minutes and you couldn't finish him? Why should he get a rematch?"

Speaking to FightHype.com, Ed Soares, manager of Anderson Silva expresses his thoughts on the prospect of an immediate rematch with Chael Sonnen following the near defeat performance of his star athlete at last weekends UFC 117. Prior to the 117 Main Event no fan had ever witnessed such domination of the consensus Pound-For-Pound best fighter in the world. It's true, Anderson got the finish, but one has to wonder if the statement is made for fear of a loss in a rematch, or if Ed truely believes that Anderson would repeat the victory. I say, Bring On Belfort!

chael doesnt need a rematch he showed all he has to offer some might say anderson was getting handled for those rounds but look watch the fight again anderson landed some massive strikes standing. some say chael rocked anderson thats not the case it was a slip even chael acknowledged that. anderson is a true champ plain and simple

Strikeforce heavyweight prospect Bobby Lashley said he’d be willing to take a bout against fellow World Wrestling Entertainment star Dave Batista if that was what the promotion wanted -- though he has his reservations.

“It’s not really the direction I want to move (in), but if it’s worth it and they really think he’s ready and Strikeforce wants me to fight him, I’ll take the fight,” Lashley told Sherdog.com last week.

The 34-year-old Lashley, a former WWE champion who owns the ATT Altitude gym in Aurora, Colo., is in his final weeks of training for a bout against Chad Griggs at Strikeforce “Houston” on Aug. 21 at the Toyota Center in Houston.

A four-time All-American and three-time NAIA national champion for Missouri Valley College, Lashley is undefeated in five pro MMA bouts. In January, Lashley scored a first-round technical knockout against an unthreatening Wes Sims in his Strikeforce debut. Lashley withdrew from a June bout with the promotion due to a minor knee injury, he said.

Batista, who recently parted ways with the WWE following an eight-year run with the pro wrestling juggernaut, began introductory training at the Cesar Gracie Academy in Lodi, Calif., in July. The 41-year-old Batista, who is said to have limited combat sports experience, is in negotiations with the San Jose, Calif.-based promotion.

Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker has already hinted at a potential bout between Lashley and Batista for one of the company’s first pay-per-view offerings in 2010 or 2011.

Lashley and Batista worked side-by-side for a time during their respective WWE careers. Lashley described Batista as a friend and “a great guy” who’d take the sport and its rigorous training schedule seriously. However, Lashley questioned whether a match with Batista would work within his own career trajectory.

“I’ve had a good game plan up to this point and I really want to move in the right direction,” said Lashley. “Dave’s just starting out. I’m looking to better myself and get better opponents each time. Griggs is 8-1 and there’s a lot of top heavyweight guys out there right now, so I really have my eyes set on a handful of those guys.

“I’m not disrespecting Dave at all, but he’s new to the game,” continued Lashley. “That’s definitely a fight for the fans, but not so much for my career. I’d do it and keep moving forward.”

chael doesnt need a rematch he showed all he has to offer some might say anderson was getting handled for those rounds but look watch the fight again anderson landed some massive strikes standing. some say chael rocked anderson thats not the case it was a slip even chael acknowledged that. anderson is a true champ plain and simple

This is a dumb comment.

You dont think chael handled silva? I think there is no way silva was even close to winning a single round. Yes he won the fight, and that is all that matters, but to act like chael didnt dominate is just dumb. Silva caught him a few times and chael caught silva a few times during the standup. Chael beat him up plain and simple, not sure what you watched or if you even did with that comment. You must have been sipping on something strong