UFC & MMA thread

Blaise Pascal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah i'm pretty sure both him and Silva have both warmed to the idea, have mentioned the possibility recently. But who knows how it would play out, if GSP loses to condit you would think he would want to regain his title before taking a fight with Silva. Or worst case scenario, he fucks his knee up again with this fight and is out for lord who knows how long. If Dana is any sort of smart, he would line these two up at the show they want to have at cowboys stadium, throw another title fight on it and rake in the dough.

I think the typical fans are meatheads who want blood, they don't recognize skills and such in a fight. Bringing in guys like Brock Lesnar basically contributed to a circus atmosphere, and using Chael Sonnen as a heel character furthers that. I don't recall him being quite like this when he was in WEC.

As far as I can tell, Sonnen was only getting the chance because other lhw's turned it down on such short notice. I agree that he's not amazing, but still top 5 in my opinion, and dude knows how to sell himself and a fight! I think Jones is dumb for not taking the fight just based on money alone! And Silva starting to talk about big money fights and all that is pretty dumb too. He's never gonna get a cut from ppv and live gate as big as the Sonnen fight again, unless he does the GSP fight.

• 2 weeks later...

for all the non believers,

"So, here's how this whole thing has gone down, and you guys have seen it play out. Anderson and 'GSP' were talking like they didn't wanna fight. Now, if St. Pierre beats Carlos Condit, he's saying he wants to fight Anderson, and Anderson is saying he wants to fight him. So, that fight will probably happen first. Now, Anderson and Jones are saying, 'We don't wanna fight. We're buddies.' But, he didn't wanna fight Rashad Evans either, and that happened. So, as you start to get to a point where Anderson is, in his career -- he's beat everyone. He's broken every record in the UFC. If he beats Georges St. Pierre, I guarantee you he'll be eyeballing Jon Jones next." - Dana White.

I hope that fight isn't too little, too late. Even without the possible knee problems coming out of the surgery and the crazy layoff, I think Gsp would have a hard time with Anderson just due to size. I think Silva should take the Weidman fight, really the only mw im interested in seeing him fight right now. Him or Belcher, but hes out for who knows how long. And it would be interesting to see Jon Jones move up, LHW is gonna get reaallllll damn boring by the end of next year.

UFC sucks.

One guys comes along in each division and beats on tomatoe cans for 10 wins and everyone

acts like they're the best.

Who the fuck have Silva or Bones even fought?

When Silva is asked about Bones he's all like ''nope'', of course nigger,

because you know its not a give me win so you don't want to do it.

Same with Bones not fighting Chael.

Fighting just sucks now, boxing included.

I suppose he can only hype the fights they put together for him to hype, but it does take the respect level down a notch to see him hyping poop fights when the fights used to be something to get excited about. And I'm sure he'll live quite comfortably even if he were to never hype another fight.