Got arrested in Chicago, need your opinion.

threeoneseven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

They don't have to read you your rights at any time. If they never read your rights, they can't use anything you say against you. They don't have to read you the miranda at all if they don't want to. I got popped this past summer with 2 other dudes-- nobody got their rights read to them. Our charges were dropped only because of age. I assume once you start spilling shit and dropping names (or refuse to say anything at all) they will read you your rights before anything else happens.

Check in with ACLU if you have any questions; that's what they're there for.

if they didnt read your your rights it will be dropped.

you cant always be sure it will be.

i didnt get read my rights on a charge (non-graffiti) and i couldnt get out of it, but i couldnt afford a lawyer and shit, so that was probably why.

the best advice i can give is dont sweat it. show up for court and dont get caught again.

you cant always be sure it will be.

i didnt get read my rights on a charge (non-graffiti) and i couldnt get out of it, but i couldnt afford a lawyer and shit, so that was probably why.

the best advice i can give is dont sweat it. show up for court and dont get caught again.

true but if the case is soley based on your confession statment before rights are read or if the rights are not read it will be a unlawfull confession. which is not legal. so the confession will bedroped and any eviedence linked to confession will be droped too.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/criminal_rights/criminal_rights_police/miranda.html

http://criminal.findlaw.com/articles/1459.html

• 2 weeks later...
hmm maybe you'll get lucky and they won't show.

worst case, you'll probably get community service and probabtion.

6 months supervision (no Probation, its like it) it means that you cant get arrested for 6 months and you dont have to sign in or take a drug test..

and 30 hours even more in some cases..

and if the arresting officer dont show up ther eis two options get dropped or a continuance

oh and if the judge is an asshole he might send you to county jail with no bond...

if u were on the CTA it will be a felony<br>

<br>

ANYTHING will count as a felony while on cta property, a sticker, with ur tag on it probably<br>

<br>

keep this in mind

<br><br>this is not true it will be a felony at certains hours. or if you really wanted. <br>

<br>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...