Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FEND!1!

I hate krylon paint

:eek: krylon paint= gay. i know im gunna get hated on for this but i hate it. it drips way worse then any other paint. i would honestly rather use wal-mart dollar cans then krylon. from now on all i will use is rusto and montana.

use the ultra flat black when its cold it dries quick. butyou just have to use the right colors some work well the other is ater in a can.

Where I live, Krylon is the easiest thing to get my hands on, so I have mad amounts.

I rarely ever drip.

Maybe you should learn to paint better and do with what you can get.

there are a few colors that krylon makes that are really watery and to avoid. example pebble,and orange.they also dont color very well.krylon is good for shadowing and highlights.

Guest qwerty

No. Krylon is garbage, unless you have a primed wall.

It won't cover, is not opaque, and just generally sucks.

im not sure why you thought youd get hated on for this, Kyrlons quality has been decreasing since the 80s when they switched the formula. The only time ill use kylon know is to sketch something out before hand or if its the only thing i have left. The only color thats worth anything is Ultra flat black which smells great, and covers fairly well, but will fade (especially on freights) like all other krylon colors, just not as bad.

Flat white works well for highlights but sucks once you try and fill something in with it. And, lest we all forget the shitty ass valve system on krylons. I think in 7 years of really using paint, ive had one or 2 rustos some apart on me and have the rubber gasket in there break with paint spewing out from under the cap. On the other hand, id say one in 5 cans of krylon, even new, is gonna explode on me. and anything older than 1995 will definitley explode cause the rubber rots.

Two of the worst colors ive ever used in any type of paint are pumkin orange which is only bested in shittyness by the all time wackest, thinnest, not coming out fat or going over any color at all SUN PISS YELLOW!! seriously this shit is worthless, you spray that on most brick walls or unprimered rock or concrete and watch that shit seep right in and dissapear. Cherry red, although sorta dark, will not cover any colors either, so its a close third. one of the worst things about these colors is that theyre all gloss, and in some areas theyre the most prevalent colors. I had aobut 20 cherry reds back in the day cause they were all over the place, and about half of them ate shit half way through painting.

Rounding out Kyrlons horrible attributes is the drip factor. i dont know if is that the paint is more watery or that its under too much pressure but there are lines that i can one shot with a can of rustoleum that if i tried them with kyrlon id be blowing 5 or 6 sets of drips back up my peice. and likely id have to go back over the line. In the winter when steel and concrete is cold, painnt dosent stick as well and drips like crazy. ive had freight panels where in seconnds the outline dripped clear from the top of my shell to the bottom of the train.

the ONLY color ive used from krylon in the past couple years that was worth anything was this kinda blue green color whose name i cant remember. it was a flat color that came out smoothe, and was nice and thick and bright like and american accent.

i know the average consumer isnt doing cuts and fades with their spray paint but i dont udnerstand, espeically with rustos long record and the excellent new american accents colors, why kyrlon has not stepped its game up in terms of color choice which is also pretty wack, and paint thickness in consistency.

if you learn how to master a Krylon when you start using germans and what not you'll be that much better. Not to mention it was only 5-7 years ago that there was no german paint and krylons where probably the best paint for pieces.

im not sure why you thought youd get hated on for this, Kyrlons quality has been decreasing since the 80s when they switched the formula. The only time ill use kylon know is to sketch something out before hand or if its the only thing i have left. The only color thats worth anything is Ultra flat black which smells great, and covers fairly well, but will fade (especially on freights) like all other krylon colors, just not as bad.

Flat white works well for highlights but sucks once you try and fill something in with it. And, lest we all forget the shitty ass valve system on krylons. I think in 7 years of really using paint, ive had one or 2 rustos some apart on me and have the rubber gasket in there break with paint spewing out from under the cap. On the other hand, id say one in 5 cans of krylon, even new, is gonna explode on me. and anything older than 1995 will definitley explode cause the rubber rots.

Two of the worst colors ive ever used in any type of paint are pumkin orange which is only bested in shittyness by the all time wackest, thinnest, not coming out fat or going over any color at all SUN PISS YELLOW!! seriously this shit is worthless, you spray that on most brick walls or unprimered rock or concrete and watch that shit seep right in and dissapear. Cherry red, although sorta dark, will not cover any colors either, so its a close third. one of the worst things about these colors is that theyre all gloss, and in some areas theyre the most prevalent colors. I had aobut 20 cherry reds back in the day cause they were all over the place, and about half of them ate shit half way through painting.

Rounding out Kyrlons horrible attributes is the drip factor. i dont know if is that the paint is more watery or that its under too much pressure but there are lines that i can one shot with a can of rustoleum that if i tried them with kyrlon id be blowing 5 or 6 sets of drips back up my peice. and likely id have to go back over the line. In the winter when steel and concrete is cold, painnt dosent stick as well and drips like crazy. ive had freight panels where in seconnds the outline dripped clear from the top of my shell to the bottom of the train.

the ONLY color ive used from krylon in the past couple years that was worth anything was this kinda blue green color whose name i cant remember. it was a flat color that came out smoothe, and was nice and thick and bright like and american accent.

i know the average consumer isnt doing cuts and fades with their spray paint but i dont udnerstand, espeically with rustos long record and the excellent new american accents colors, why kyrlon has not stepped its game up in terms of color choice which is also pretty wack, and paint thickness in consistency.

Very well written. You should email this to Krylon so they can improve thier paint.

Two of the worst colors ive ever used in any type of paint are pumkin orange which is only bested in shittyness by the all time wackest, thinnest, not coming out fat or going over any color at all SUN PISS YELLOW!! seriously this shit is worthless, you spray that on most brick walls or unprimered rock or concrete and watch that shit seep right in and dissapear.

second. i have sunglossyellow also. dont let that cap color fool you. that shit sucks. i ended up mixing with with a hunrtergreensatin and a bit of white to make a kind of murky green.

if you get the flat or ultra flat its not that bad. never get the h2o youll regret it

... are you a fucking moron?

if you learn how to master a Krylon when you start using germans and what not you'll be that much better. Not to mention it was only 5-7 years ago that there was no german paint and krylons where probably the best paint for pieces.

exactly

krylon is trash.

even the colors that cover dont cover nearly as well as they're rusto counterparts.

however, its good for fills depending on the color, i havent used it on an outline since last fall.

im all about rusto+rusto fats 90% of the time.

ill admit krylon is smooth and doesnt hesitate like rustoleum, but rustoleum is just superior. there are only a few rusto colors i can think of that you cant use to cover any other color, such as midnight blue and claret wine, but for the most part its the chronic.

montana sucks when its cold compared to rusto too

i didnt read nothing from this thread but im pretty sure you hate krylon because you have no can control. up your game lil grasshopper.

i thihnk rusto sucks ass in the cold it usually ends up spewin all over my gloves.. krylons white ,semiflatblack,some satin colors from wallmart,they cover good as shit but hey its just my opinion

Other than ultra-flat black, I think Watermelon is one of their few colors that doesn't suck. I know, it's all about can-control. But, it's also real easy to get spoiled with Belton and Spanish Montana.....Those two brands make things alot easier. I think Krylon does have it's place, though. You're obviously not gonna use it for bombing, or a super-hot burner on a freight, but it is good for shadows, highlights, etc.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now