Umm how the fuck did I get to bed Elijah Wood!@!?

Some1

Yo fucking round 2 of power hour with 40's... horrible horrible horrible who drinks on a monday night!? Some1=Alcoholic Status... Somebody has to take my phone away from me drunk dialing fucking people tooGOD DAMNIT...

I wake up this morning and just scream FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK at the top of my lungs my roomate runs and like whats wrong!? I dont remember anything from last night!!!!!

Apparently we had a fucking club in our living room and one of our chef's was topless...FUCK IT WAS THE HOT ONE TOO WHY DID I MISS HER TOPLESS GAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH KILL ME NOW...

I gotta stop drinking i am thinkking about making this a dry thanksgiving I am soooo fucking hurt right now............................................................

I want a boxer puppy...

boxer-puppy.jpg

HERE IS MY ATTEMPT TO MAKE THIS THREAD SOMEWHAT USEFUL,,,

Cattle, horses, and sheep are unique in that they can sleep while standing, though none may experience REM sleep in this position, for REM sleep causes partial muscle paralysis. For REM sleep to take place, the animals must lie down. Conversely, birds may have periods of REM sleep while perched. Some breeds of dogs usually sleep throughout the day like cats, while other breeds have only one daily sleep session. While dreaming, dogs may make a quiet barking sound while both cats and dogs may make running motions with their legs.

Sleep in animals

180px-Japanese_Macaques_sleeping.JPG

Lucid dreaming is the conscious perception of one's state while dreaming, resulting in a much clearer ("lucid") experience and sometimes enabling direct control over the content of the dream.[1] The complete experience from start to finish is called a lucid dream. Stephen LaBerge, a popular author and experimenter on the subject, has defined it as "dreaming while knowing that you are dreaming."[2]

LaBerge and his associates have called people who purposely explore the possibilities of lucid dreaming oneironauts (literally from the Greek ονειροναύτες, meaning "dream sailors"). The topic attracts the attention of a diverse and eclectic group: psychologists, self-help authors, New Age groups, mystics, occultists, ufologists and artists. This list is by no means exhaustive nor does interest in lucid dreaming apply necessarily to each group.

Lucid dreamers regularly describe their dreams as exciting, colourful, and fantastic. Many compare it to a spiritual experience and say that it changed their lives or their perception of the world. Some have even reported lucid dreams that take on a hyperreality, seemingly "more real than real", where all the elements of reality are amplified. Lucid dreams are prodigiously more memorable than other kinds of dreaming, even nightmares, which may be why they are often prescribed as a means of ridding one's self of troubling dreams.

The validity of lucid dreaming as a scientifically verified phenomenon is well-established. It may be classified as a protoscience, pending an increase in scientific knowledge about the subject. Researchers such as Allan Hobson with his neurophysiological approach to dreaming have helped to push the understanding of lucid dreaming into a less speculative realm.

TECHNIQUES

Reality testing

Reality testing is a common method that people use to determine whether or not they are dreaming. It involves performing an action with results that are difficult to re-create in a dream. By practicing these techniques during waking life, one may eventually dream of performing a reality check—which will usually fail—helping the dreamer realize that they are dreaming. Common reality tests include:

• Read some text, look away, and read it again, or to look at your watch and remember the time, then look away and look back. Observers have found that, in a dream, the text or time will often have changed.[15]
  • Flipping a light switch or looking into a mirror. Light switches rarely work properly in dreams, and reflections from a mirror often appear to be blurred, distorted or incorrect.[16]

Another form of reality testing involves identifying one's dream signs, clues that one is dreaming. Dream signs are often categorized as follows:

• Action — The dreamer, another dream character, or a thing does something unusual or impossible in waking life, such as photos in a magazine or newspaper becoming 3-dimensional with full movement.
  • Context — The place or situation in the dream is strange.
  • Form — The dreamer, another character, or a thing changes shape, or is oddly formed or transforms; this may include the presence of unusual clothing or hair, or a third person view of the dreamer.
  • Awareness — A peculiar thought, a strong emotion, an unusual sensation, or altered perceptions. In some cases when moving one's head from side to side, one may notice a strange stuttering or 'strobing' of the image.
  • Cohesion — Sometimes the dreamer may seem to "teleport" to a completely different location in a dream, with no transition whatsoever.

Though occurrences like these may seem out of place in waking life, they may seem perfectly normal to a dreaming mind and learning to pick up on these dream signs will help in recognizing that one is dreaming.

[/url]

[edit] Mnemonic induction of lucid dreams (MILD)

The mnemonic induction of lucid dreams is a common technique used to induce a lucid dream at will by setting an intention, while falling asleep, to remember to recognize that one is dreaming, or to remember to look for dream signs. Because it is easy to master (almost everyone sets intentions frequently), it is ideal for those who have never practiced lucid dreaming induction techniques before.

The MILD technique was developed by Stephen LaBerge, and is described fully in his book Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming.

[edit] Wake-back-to-bed (WBTB)

The wake-back-to-bed technique is often the easiest way to induce a lucid dream. The method involves going to sleep tired and waking up five hours later. Then, focusing all thoughts on lucid dreaming, staying awake for an hour and going back to sleep. The odds of having a lucid dream are then much higher. This is because the REM cycles get longer as the night goes on, and this technique takes advantage of the best REM cycle of the night. Because this REM cycle is longer and deeper, gaining lucidity during this time may result in a more lengthy lucid dream.[17] This may also offer an explanation as to why many people claim to have more memorable dreams in the early morning hours before they wake up for the day[citation needed]. However, the explanation that people may simply recall a dream more easily if they directly wake up from it has also been suggested. After having a dream during the night you usually immediately fall back to sleep (or don't "wake up" at all), and thus you don't remember it. If you want to remember a dream during the night it is best to get up and walk around for a second, or make an entry in a dream journal.

[edit] Wake-induced lucid dream (WILD)

The wake-initiated lucid dream "occurs when the sleeper enters REM sleep with unbroken self-awareness directly from the waking state".[18] The key to this technique is recognizing the hypnagogic stage, which is within the border of being awake and being asleep. If a person is successful in staying aware while this stage occurs, they will eventually enter the dream state while being fully aware that it is a dream. Because one does not have to recognize a cue in order to induce a lucid dream using this technique, it tends to be more reliable than other techniques. There are key times at which this technique is best used; while success at night after being awake for a long time is very difficult, it is relatively easy after being awake for 15 or so minutes and in the afternoon during a nap. Users of this technique often count, envision themselves climbing or descending stairs, chanting to themselves, exploring elaborate, passive sexual fantasies, controlling their breathing, concentrating on relaxing their body from their toes to their head, allowing images to flow through their "mind's eye" and envisioning themselves jumping into the image, or any various form of concentration to keep their mind awake, while still being calm enough to let their body sleep. During the actual transition into the dreamstate, one is likely to experience sleep paralysis, including rapid vibrations[19], a sequence of very loud sounds and a feeling of twirling into another state of body awareness, "to drift off into another dimension". Also there is frequently a sensation of falling rapidly or dropping through the bed as one enters the dreamstate or the sensation of entering a dark black room from which one can induce any dream scenario of one's choosing, simply by concentrating on it. The key to being successful is to not panic, especially during the transition which can be quite sudden.

[edit] Cycle adjustment technique (CAT)

The cycle adjustment technique, developed by Daniel Love[20], is an effective way to induce lucid dreaming. It involves adjusting one's sleep cycle to encourage awareness during the later part of the sleep. First, the person wakes up 90 minutes before normal wake time until their sleep cycle begins to adjust (Love suggests at least a week for this stage). During this 90 minute period regular reality tests are performed. After this initial period is complete, the normal wake times and early wake times alternate daily. On the days with the normal wake times, the body is ready to wake up and perform reality tests yet remains asleep and dreaming. These sleep cycle adjustments should create favourable psychological and biological conditions for lucidity.

[edit] Don Juan's technique

This technique is the one endorsed by Carlos Castaneda's fictional guide, Don Juan, in the book Journey to Ixtlan. Before going to sleep one must look at one's hands and say to oneself: "Later, when I am dreaming, I will look at my hands and realize that I am dreaming." While dreaming, one must look at one's hands, then look around and repeat the procedure throughout the dream.[21][22]

See also: The Art of Dreaming (a book by Castaneda)

[edit] Induction devices

Lucid dream induction is possible by the use of a physical device. The general principle works by taking advantage of the natural phenomenon of incorporating external stimuli into one's dreams. Usually a device is worn while sleeping that can detect when the sleeper enters a REM phase and triggers a noise and/or flashing lights with the goal of these stimuli being incorporated into the dreamer's dream. For example flashing lights might be translated to a car's headlights in a dream. A well known dream induction device is the Nova Dreamer [23]; however, as of 2006, the device is no longer manufactured. Electronic devices are not the only tools for lucidity. It is very common to listen to various sound files at night just before falling asleep. Also, it is very common to set the sound files to start when one is asleep. That way, one will recognize the sound, and achieve lucidity.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Umm how the fuck did I get to bed!@!?

somebody took pics last night like 3 of them. My roomate said I had a gay hat so he threw some girls mittens and vest on and my hat i guess...ill upload them tonight...

Apparently something like this is gay...

40176M.jpg

But this is better.

NRA%20BigBuck%20Camo.jpg

Re: Umm how the fuck did I get to bed!@!?

boxer%20puppy%20stolen.jpg

WHITE BOXER!!!! People kill these guys or at least they did because their skin was to pale and that caused them to have some health problems or something...I had one I believe we rescued it too!

288602_white_boxer_puppy.jpg

brutus.jpg

puppy.JPG

6YWRPYHIGHXWE6TLHZ.jpg

boxer-puppy.jpg

boxer_puppies.jpg