Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bri-1_2.jpg

Im guessing Cartalk meant the below era of REVOK pieces...and while i do see the point, so many people all over the world now bite that MSK/REVOK style that there is almost no point in calling someone out for it. LONG GONE are the days when you could trace a writers style back through his mentors or partners to see the origin through a logical evolution...shit 40% of the world does a new york style and has never even met a new yorker.

this is just where graffiti has evolved to, there is no regional style, because most writers spend more time looking at pieces on the borderless internet than they do in person.

and that makes sense. there wasnt a 12ozProphet before, i think its dope that there is. the only way i saw graffiti when i started was by standing directly in front of it and taking my picture...or taking the train down town and going to "bomb the system" (the name before that escapes me) to buy Scribble magazine issue 3 lol.

and that is why styles evolved similarly, a bronx kid grew up with a distinguishable bronx style because he onle ever saw bronx graffiti...logical. shits not like that now. anyone has the option of looking at hundreds of thosands of pictures from anywhere and getting influenced one way or the other. im not even saying that kids are tracing REVOK pieces, but if u stare at revok pieces for 3 hours and go draw later, you are damned sure gonne have certain ideas in your head whether it be concious or not.

not sure if i have a point to this diatribe...but o well, it was on my mind so there it is to take as you like. there arent very many TRUE innovators in the history of this here game. plenty have left their mark with new things, but TRUE innovators, like guys who completely broke the mold...its just not a big number, its certainly not a category that i fit into.

3405149858_915a6a0ba0_b.jpg

revok-msk-dissed-los-angeles-la-1.jpg

639flix059.jpg

FONT_POSTER.jpg

2313735512_635fab8d24.jpg?v=0

larims02.jpg

look at all the other pieces EYON's dropped.... he switched it up and wanted to try that kind of style, if anything it's flattery to Revok... EYON, shreds and he does it with the most humble attitude towards anything, in the end to E, it's about having fun, and if EYON had to bring original shit, he can bring that shit with the fierceness. don't sleep, not like it's easy to drop that Revok style that clean, however you want to call it.

lol i love it how ct cats let this jick guy from new york no longer ct whos been painting the same for years,..explain to you guys his opinion of what he considers the fine line between influence and biting. Id say 99.9% of the time hes posting his own flicks, gettin jocked by the SAME people gassing his head up to post again. Imitation is the greatest form a flattery, and yes Jick even you are a biter. Sorry bro nobody is 100% original from the get go cause you got your motivation from the next mans...dope Eyon

all jick can really do is threaten to go over something most recognize as temporary anyways

That fact that hes right doesnt change how your supposed to look at him though. He is right. A bite is a bite.

And "trying something new" isnt something new if someone else has been doing it. Stop dodging the fact that niggaz are biters and when they get claled on it, everyone wants to defend the kid. Im sure hes a nice guy, but STOP THE FUCKIN BITING, PERIOD.

lol i love it how ct cats let this jick guy from new york no longer ct whos been painting the same for years,..explain to you guys his opinion of what he considers the fine line between influence and biting. Id say 99.9% of the time hes posting his own flicks, gettin jocked by the SAME people gassing his head up to post again. Imitation is the greatest form a flattery, and yes Jick even you are a biter. Sorry bro nobody is 100% original from the get go cause you got your motivation from the next mans...dope Eyon

all jick can really do is threaten to go over something most recognize as temporary anyways

and now that i re read this again. you sound very bitter. LOL

baby-eating-lemon.jpg

you have gotten a little too wrapped up in the fact that it's ME talking to see teh point...and as usual are standing so close to one tree that you miss the whole forrest behind it. i was talking about the difference that a younger generation has regarding influence.

you're clearly still pissy that i came and stomped out your career in an afternoon...believe me, enough people shoot me messages about you and your lil cartoon platoon's ramblings...shame cuz i met one of your boys last weekend and he seemed like a really cool dude. if you want to take this temper tantrum any further, i suggest you grab a can and a redbull and start going over me...until that time i've probably spent enough time on the ever angry little "b-boy din"

i agree with art, about using fonts, i mean revok's style (some of it at least) clearly has been influenced by just regular font styles, and i think that is why his blocky looking stuff looks so good, cuz it is directly grabbed from fonts... just draw whatever you want, as an artist you can't limit yourself to, "this has been done before, so i can't do it" bc otherwise you will stay static and WON'T evolve, half the time i dont draw something cuz i'm like, isn't that like such and such, and honestly i'm tired of doing it, i'm not saying bite, i'm just saying it is ok to be influenced

i agree with art, about using fonts, i mean revok's style (some of it at least) clearly has been influenced by just regular font styles, and i think that is why his blocky looking stuff looks so good, cuz it is directly grabbed from fonts... just draw whatever you want, as an artist you can't limit yourself to, "this has been done before, so i can't do it" bc otherwise you will stay static and WON'T evolve, half the time i dont draw something cuz i'm like, isn't that like such and such, and honestly i'm tired of doing it, i'm not saying bite, i'm just saying it is ok to be influenced

another one hopping in to co sign biting and calling it influence.

2 very different definitions bud.