I'm about to break shit...(FUCK THE BANK THREAD)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really understand american debit cards. how does it let you spend more than you have? wouldnt that just make it a credit card?

its easy here. canadian debit cards take funds directly from your chequing or savings acount, if you dont have enough cash, it rejects the transaction. nice and simple.

When I was on the east coast and was with Peoples Bank they did the exact same thing. I'd try to buy a pack of smokes and they'd reject it if I didn't have enough money in the account. I loved it.

But not these fuckheads......when I was on the phone with em trying to sort this mess out......they call it a "COURTESY" that they let the transaction go through even though you don't have the money on hand.....thanks , so basically a 2.11 order of breadsticks turns into a 33.11 meal. THANKS ASSHOLES!!!!!

Im not opening an account right now but Im at bankofamerica.com and going through the process of opening a checking account with a savings account. I plan to open with them.

We Recommend, Regular Savings

Free of monthly maintenance fees for the first 6 months. After 6 months,

free with an automatic monthly transfer from your checking account, or, just maintain a $300 minimum balance.1

Regular Savings - Apply with a co-applicant for this savings account

1 Avoid monthly maintenance fees on Regular Savings after the 6-month introductory period with a scheduled recurring transfer each month from checking to savings of $25 or more or a minimum daily balance of $300 or greater in Regular Savings. Transaction limits and excess withdrawal fees still apply.

What exactly does this last part mean? From what I read its telling me I must keep at least $300 in the savings account (which I hope to at least have after the intial 6 months) or I can transfer $25 or more from checking to savings. Right?

Im not complete retarded, I just lack "real world experience"

after the first sixty days, you have to keep at least $300 at all times in the savings account. unless you sign up for automatic transfer of at least $25.00/month from you checking to your savings. you have only a certain amount of withdrawals you can do per month (usually either 3 per month or 3 per quarter) and after that you get charged $2.00 per withdrawal

the "transaction limits" i'm not so sure about that. it sounds like a general statement they put on all acounts. and if you fall below the minimum balance at all you get charged about $3.00/month.

my suggestion... http://www.ingdirect.com open a savings account with no minimum deposit or minimum balance at all. you earn 4.15% interest. no fees. ever.

Washington Mutual has a good free checking account... check them out too.

Yeah banks sometimes let you draw more than you have if you have a positive balance. But once it goes below zero, they will usually reject your card. But sometimes the transactions don't post instantly.. so then it is possible to withdrawl several times when you don't have any money.

They may do that as a courtesy, but I think if you call and tell them not to accept any charges that will put you below zero they can program your card and account accordingly.

31%?? whoa...thats on some catch up about to retire tip. why don't you invest some of that money in mutual funds or something similar outside your 401k that you can actually have access to with out getting penalized?

i'm supposing your young and have lots of time to build up a 401k..

but thats just me I guess.

I contribute the max into my roth IRA this year it is 5000, next year it will go up even more. probably to 5500.00

My employer matches me 50cents on the dollar up to 6% of my income, and you earn "at least with the bank i work for" about 17-26% interest on all that money. so I put as much as I can afford, although I can afford more, I dont want to put myself in a bind if something bad were to happen.

http://Www.ingdirect.com

open the orange savings..

and nomadwhat is right, you can request not to have overdraft protection and it can be taken off. but think about this. if something unfortunate happened and you had to spend all your money, and your mortgage was late, ODP would be a lifesaver.

and i can't stress this enough.. WRITE YOUR TRANSACTIONS DOWN.

bankofamerica is the WORST bank i have ever dealt with.

I REPEAT.

DO NOT USE BANK OF AMERICA.

Most banks i've dealt with will only charge you a few overdraft fees. Well my $400 overdraft problem i mentioned earlier was because I was about $20 short, and the rest was from good ol' overdraft fees. All of which I took care of promptly, but they kept charging me. Never in my life have i had THAT MUCH in fees, and I'm pretty fucking retarded with money at times...

Yea. So choose anyone but them.

Damn, I was gonna go with them too. My girl has them, she's pretty smart about her money and we're about the same. I dont plan to go over or anything but then agin no one plans too. Im not gonna fuck around with a card. Shit bothers me, I love cash on hand. Im just more in need of a checking account than a savings real soon cuz I have this dumbass comdata card which charges me everytime I take out money from any atm.

I think Im gonna go with Bank of America cuz they have a few atms in my area and I know more about them than anyone else. Everyone, thank you for your help. I learned some good shit.

bankofamerica is the WORST bank i have ever dealt with.

I REPEAT.

DO NOT USE BANK OF AMERICA.

Most banks i've dealt with will only charge you a few overdraft fees. Well my $400 overdraft problem i mentioned earlier was because I was about $20 short, and the rest was from good ol' overdraft fees. All of which I took care of promptly, but they kept charging me. Never in my life have i had THAT MUCH in fees, and I'm pretty fucking retarded with money at times...

Yea. So choose anyone but them.

this is a very popular opinion i hear..

If you live in TX do not use First Convenience Bank...

If you live in the midwest, do not use TFC bank

After all the bitching I did I overdrafted 9 dollars over the holiday weekend I guess even the computers at my bank shut down on monday even though on weekends I still get up to the min updates on how much cash I had in my account...

going -$9= I owe the bank $40

guess i shouldnt of talked so much shizzle