I am the Spelling Nazi

Spelling Nazi

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by RumPuncher+Mar 30 2006, 04:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RumPuncher - Mar 30 2006, 04:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Spelling Nazi@Mar 30 2006, 04:27 PM

I am disgusted by the bad grammar, shitty punctuation and all around rotten sentence structure around here.

It may not be grammatically incorrect, but using a word like around twice in the same sentence is bad form.

[/b]

Not to mention that "here" should be, in this case, "http://www.12ozprophet.com". If you want to go according to the MLA handbook, you would probably need a footnote after the URL stating the name/alias of the author of the website.

When the sentence, or the one before, does not contain the noun you are referring to you should not use vague words such as here or there.

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 30 2006, 04:48 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Spelling Nazi@Mar 30 2006, 04:33 PM

Although I cannot guarantee complete success, I will do my best to try and check people that display, at best, signs of remedial control over the English language

Remedial at best?

Wouldn't at least remedial imply better grammatical content?

Most of your sentences lack proper punctuation, and are written with the grace of a pseudo-intellectual 8th grader at best.

You failed. Everyone continue to write how want.

I wIlLerZ.

Originally posted by BEEFEATER+Mar 30 2006, 11:28 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BEEFEATER - Mar 30 2006, 11:28 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Spelling Nazi@Mar 30 2006, 03:27 PM

I am disgusted by the bad grammar, shitty punctuation and all around rotten sentence structure around here.

being the spelling nazi you should know that there should be a comma after punctuation.

[/b]

owned.jpg

Originally posted by BEEFEATER+Mar 30 2006, 05:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BEEFEATER - Mar 30 2006, 05:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Spelling Nazi@Mar 30 2006, 03:27 PM

being the spelling nazi you should know that there should be a comma after punctuation.

[/b]

Actually according to the MLA either way, with or without the comma following the last subject preceeding the "and", is correct.

Originally posted by MAR+Mar 30 2006, 04:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MAR - Mar 30 2006, 04:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Mar 30 2006, 05:28 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Spelling Nazi@Mar 30 2006, 03:27 PM

Actually according to the MLA either way, with or without the comma following the last subject preceeding the "and", is correct.

[/b]

True indeed. The comma there is optional. Spelling Nazi is holding it down so far.

I wouldn't know...I was in a sales meeting with intel for the past two hours with Bill Gates and that guy from Oracle.

Can't really post when you're trying to close a 10 trillion bazillion dollar deal while an asian secretary is sucking on my cock underneath the board room table eh?

Originally posted by BEEFEATER@Mar 30 2006, 10:43 PM

I guess he broke into your house and start being REALLLLY funny on 12oz while you were at your totally cool big figure job eh?

10k deals are only impressive if you dont have to have a job to make em..

Yes, you got it right.

Originally posted by LENS@Mar 30 2006, 05:42 PM

I wouldn't know...I was in a sales meeting with intel for the past two hours.

Can;t really post when you're trying to close a 10k deal eh?

So were you trying to sound really cool here or cover-up your totally cool alter-online ego?

Originally posted by RumPuncher@Mar 30 2006, 09:03 PM

he's just someone having a little fun. laugh a little.

being a goof isn't a bannable offence, and maybe he'll helap out some if the illeterates.

Seriously, I decided today that maybe i would mix it up some besides the usual "Ooo, look how fat that bitch is" on the myspace thread or listing what i bought at the hardware store last year.

Admit it, you all got riled up but you secretly love me for it.

Even if Beefeater has one more reason to hate me now.