mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

reality is that owner has no choice. theres no way in hell someone could look at the bike and say its acceptable. they're wanting $1400 out of me. i could have had an entire custom hard tail done for less and had it perfect.

just because im annoyed and cant sleep, this is the list of shit i was making on my phone as im watching the guy try and and fix the belt issue. keep in mind this is in the dark in a parking lot, so who knows what i'd see in the light.

•Slag on every single weld. no attempt to clean it up what so ever.

•Rough edges on every cut, tab, weld.

•nothing was sanded, rounded or smoothed anywhere.

•Seat bolted on wobbly

•Fender waaaay crooked.

•sissy bar mounted ghetto as fuck.

•Fender bolts too long in back (half inch from tire, despite inch and a half of fender clearance.)

•One cotter pin not in fender bung. Other Popped out on first ride thus no forward fender support.

•Electrical looks like shit. ziptied in a wad? was promised it would boxed up cleanly.

•Old frame section not cut off in front of battery box. downtubes with bubblegum oxy/acetalyne cut marks? are you fucking kidding me?

•Battery box pinching negative wire, should be cut back.

•Notch out rear axle plates so lock nut will tighten down. lock tite will not hold this shit.

•seat not stretched back as requested. angle slides you off seat.

blah. i need some ambien now i think.

tried to be cool and explain my issues, dude wanted to be a baby and start yelling.

'dont come in here and tell me my frabrication is shit, i busted my ass for 3 days!'

'dude, you put the fucking fender on and inch and a half to the side and ran bolts through it that are hitting the tire, you didnt sand anything, theres slag everywhere, you painted it with krylon, im not telling you shit, fucking look at it and tell it that's a professional job that youd be happy with as a customer.'

dude told me to get the fuck out and he might give my bike back next week.

naw brah, shit aint going down like that.

i tried to calm shit down. explain i wasnt trying to be an ass, i just wanted it done right.

he kept whyling.

shits about to come to blows, finally he came around the counter and looked at the bike, looked at what i was talking about.

he couldnt even argue anymore. just apologized. shits retarded.

even the dudes that work there had my back. shit was atrocious.

they've gotta tear apart the entire rear end and redo everything because they didnt realize that the driveline is totally fucked. how they never noticed that i have no clue. they also have to have it done by tonight.

we'll see.

i blame soup for all of this, FYI.

if my bike isnt back by tonight he's getting banned for till its done.

kind of it is.

im actally kinda looking forward to fixing a lot of the stuff they messed up, cause i like grinding and minor fabrication. as long as they can get the driveline right, im good. we'll see.

i have a very good feeling im gonna be pulling this whole fucking thing off and re-fabricating everything this summer.

i honestly have no clue what the fuck they do.

one guy says one thing, another guy says another.

i know they paint a lot of cars.

i also know theres a lot of bikes in various states of dissaray all over the place.

mostly i think they're full of shit.

just got an email saying they were driving out to get a belt and it'll be done tonight. that they fixed the driveline issues. hopefully they also fixed the axle adjuster bolts, the electrical, the seat and the fender as well.

still not done.

i had to drive two hours today to get an offset sproket and chain, cause apparently the only way to fix things at this point is entirely new hardtail or to switch to chaindrive.

oh, and did i mention that the bike HAS to be done by friday morning, cause its getting packed into a moving truck and heading across the country?

shit is stressing me the fuck out.

Wow, just read all that shit about your bike. Fuck those guys. Shops like that usually get one chance to get it right. I wouldn't trust anyone working on my bike that let it leave the first time in that condition.

Guaranteed, you will NOT be happy when you get it home..

Guaranteed, you will NOT be happy when you get it home..

oh, i know that. at this point im not even angry anymore, i just want the bike to run so i can get it the fuck out of there. so much about it is so ghetto, i cant believe that anyone would do shit like that. i now realize how much of a perfectionist i am, and how much control i need over a build. the only things that have been done right on this thing so far, are the things ive suggested. its kind of mind blowing.

im just thanking fucking god i didnt let these dudes get into my motor. holy shit.