mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

dude, you got niggas counting on you....

soooooooooo........... picked up the bike today.

1Uh55_bike.jpg

chick had NO FUCKING CLUE what she was holding.

when i went there, i knew it was 2008 with 1,900 miles, exhaust and saddle bags.

when i get there she hands me a stack of receipts the previous owner (who sold it to her at 700 miles, cause he decided he wanted a wide glide instead) gave to her when she bought it.

stage 2 screamin eagle big bore kit (103", 1690cc)

super tuner kit

air intake kit...

smokes signals

forward controls

rinehart 2-1 exhaust

saddle bags ($700!!! going on craigslist tonight!)

all told it was over $7,000 in upgrades. add that to the $14,000 original price, and thats a $21,000 bike with 1,900 miles that i just got for $10k flat.

to be honest, im almost scared of this thing. its so fucking fast. nothing like my little 883 sporty chop.

seeks/stoked as fuck, about to start pulling shit off that bitch right now.

THese are the bikes i've owned over the past few years:

Honda VT250 Spada- Absolutely awesome learner bike, had a lot of go for a 250 (much more than the newer model vtr250. Always recommend Spada for learners.

spada1.jpg

Next bike was a Ducati Monster 600 Dark. Sounded absolutely awesome, had quite a bit of go but nothing amazing. Really nice bike to ride but I bought it for really cheap and knew I could make a stack of money on it so I kept her for like 3 months then sold her for $1700 profit.

img1232y.jpg

Next I picked up this Suzuki SV650. Really loved this bike. Great sound with the aftermarket Micron exhaust. Very comfortable riding position (not a great pillion seat though). Lots of go and very very smooth even at high speeds.

wboxh.jpg

I moved house after buying the first sv650 and I no longer had a garage so I didn't want a 7k machine just sitting in the street. Sold it and bought a cheaper older SV650 that was basically just a downgrade.

frontfap.jpg

Got sick of owning a crappy bike after a few months so I decided to mix it up and get something a bit sportier, settled on the CB600fs. This is the bike i'm riding now. It has a crazy ammount of go in it (same engine as cbr600). Really fucking fun to just unleash on it. The riding position aint as comfortable as the naked bikes but still pretty pleasant riding. Still really enjoying this bike and mechanically it is really goddamn well put together.

hornet600s.jpg

yo seeking, i know what you mean about being scared of that 103"

my pops has a crossbones with a SE 103 and all the extras(ignition/air/fuel prog)

even though it's a heavy softail it gets up and goes FAST

i can just imagine that your dyna will be a lot faster

oh yea i have to keep my nightster outside now and i fucking hate it

i got a cover on it and i keep it 'tied up' with the biggest/toughest chain that

kryptonite makes...

Kryptonite_New_York_Fahgettaboudit_chain_and_padlock_100_cm_zoom.jpg

..but i am still paranoid about someone stealing my girl :o

went riding around for a bit today.

thing just feels like a muscle car.

it's not 'quick' like a sportbike, but it just feels powerfull.

i believe 103" is around 100ftlbs torque. thats more than most smaller cars.

riding position is a little uncomfortable in my hips. gotta figure something out. had same issue with my sporty. not exactly sure what combination of adjustments would fix it.

seeks, if youre tall like me you may need fwd controls. dow im good, banged up and bruised up leg, bike primary cracked. bars and risers bent. going to have it sent to "family" repair shop. should look better than before. pics of bike messed up to follow. when i have no idea. on the pill status. sorry guys, no norcos.

That first video is fucking gay. I cant stand it. A bunch of dudes deep into fashion and custom motorcycles, swerving in the middle of the road and doing burnouts on gravel is a bit queer, amplified by the editors choice of scenes like "taking the bike out of a van because they didnt ride there," "Fixing an improperly tightened air filter," and "uncorking a bottle of wine in a log cabin with a bunch of dudes." Put down the cigarette you silly faggot and ride it like you fucking stole it.

I haven't done shit to the bike. I havent even cleaned the carbs, which I've been meaning to do. And I need to replace the 30 year-old rubber gaskets before they start to leak. And after yesterday's hard ride it's got some air in the front brake-line, so the lines need to be bled. I'm having too much fun to be worried about things like brakes or throwing a rod.

This week I'll service the thing. If theres money left over we'll see, but as it stands there's nothing wrong with it so I'd rather not buy parts for it. Someday I'll follow this: http://kickwrench.com/2011/03/30/diy-wednesdays-how-to-build-your-own-brat-style-seat/