mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmotorbikes!

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Saw that Motoczysz documentary again last night and reminded myself to see what that company has been up to since that was filmed. Looking through his blog it sounds like the petrol C1 has been scrapped and now all the energy has been put toward this :

e1_side.jpg

An electric superbike. No gas, no oil, no clutch. I guess they took it to Isle of Man and did some impressive runs but on race day the engine just stopped. Nice looking bike and I'm sure it's an amazing ride, like the C1 was, but if this guy can't figure out how to keep his bikes running... he's doomed to get nowhere.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So apparently things happen in pairs.

I'm running diagnostics on my F4i as we speak to locate the source of a

BANG that forced me to foot it for 11 miles home (always bring a cellphone).

Nice thing about a bike that's 360 lbs is two dudes can lift it into the bed of

a Ford ranger with no ramp. Nice thing about it being a beater is I dont care

that we didn't have tiedowns to keep it upright (No shipping damage anyway).

We just drove down, heaved it in, layed it down and off we went.

Just bought a couple boring aftermarket parts to fix the problem including a

mityvac brake bleeder, APE cam chain tensioner, stator cover (dont buy ebay

ones they'll crack and send aluminum rattling through your motor), and now

I'm looking at some dual billet headlights. Im also eyeing acewell gauges http://www.acewell-meter.com/

Choc you've got an eye for streetfighters so holla if you see anything that's good.

I can't source the Buell XB headlights, and the headlight bracket off a speed triple

is too big so im lookin for alternatives.

And now for more photos.

078b86164c76d260aade94d5fb1755982c2.jpg

1-2.jpg

1_12.jpg

Beau.jpg

DucatiDelBiondoraging_6117.jpg

Duke1.jpg

Duke2.jpg

Headon.jpg

Suz3.jpg

bcmsr500.jpg

laverd10.jpg

speed_shop_special-1.jpg

That should do it...

by "can't source them" - do you mean you can locate'em?? (the buell setup)

a few months ago i drafted a list of parts i'd need to run that conversion, here you go:

Product ID: Y0421.1AD

Product Name: HDLIGHT ASSY. RH TRAFFIC

Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $58.50

--------------------------

Product ID: M1600.1ACMW

Product Name: WINDSCREEN KIT W/DECAL, MIDNIG

Unit Price: $59.95

Product ID: M0023.1AJAYT

Product Name: Headlight Grille

Unit Price: $39.95

Product ID: M0645.1ADA

Product Name: MOUNT, HDLIGHT

Unit Price: $17.10

all part numbers from harley.

-----------------------------------------------------

and here's a link to some brackets:

http://moto-madness.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_336_338&products_id=306

not sure if that helps.

If that's what you want it's a harley for someone who doesnt want to wrench on their own bike:

it comes precustomized‚—so you dont have to do that yourself— and with things like a belt drive,

electronic fuel ignition, some other new tech bullshit it's lower maintenance too. Ride it first tho.

Seating geometry's too small for you. suuper low saddle and short reach bars. You'd have to

change the saddle to fit the girl on the back anyway.

indeed yeah the one i was looking at has higher bars, it did look a little small, i just really dig the was they look and they're around the price i think i can get outta my truck. i would love to get a flyrite choppers bike if i could find a used one around 9k, but i think thats a bit unrealistic. i watched 'hell ride' today and i'm pretty sure a couple bikes they were riding were from FRC. they got a real nice simple look to em and they're longer than a harley, probably more my size, just too much $$$

You just inspired me to watch hellride. I couldnt make out the bikes but the movie was pretty funny.

Dont know much about flyrite, but 10k seems like plenty of money for a bike and to chop it. Just to be safe I think my priorities with that sort of dough would be to find a nice used bike under 5k—something I dont mind getting to know thoroughly—then slowly upgrade the garage. After i setup shop, I'd start sourcing the parts I need.

i'm thinking about selling my chevy back home and getting an 08 nightster.

1270b2.jpg

something like this, but flat black maybe. any one have experience with these bikes?

Hmm iv rode this bike and also want one pretty badly. If i were to get a Harley i would get the nightster or the dyna street bob. The nightster does have some balls so i don't think you would be disappointed with the power but if you're a bigger rider you might feel a little cramped on it. And they dont make it in flat black (or denim black they call it) but they do make a nice flat silver and flat black black 2 tone that looks pretty dope.

Not to mention its the best looking bike off the show room floor IMO. Go for it:cool:

well my current living situation doesn't really give me the luxury of having a garage in which to wrench

on a bike. the decision to get any bike is a pretty recent one, so i'll take my time and ride a couple

different ones before making any big decisions. thanks for the input.

that's actually what i was leaning toward. and on another note, hell ride is a horrible movie, i just

watched yesterday out of complete hungover boredom. some hot naked chicks and cool bikes were its

only redeeming qualities, which was disappointing because it had a lot of good actors in it.

count choc, feel like grabbing a beer tonight maybe?

i dont know where you're at, but any major city is gonna have a shop that does custom bikes. my price estimate was having someone else do all the work for you.

used sportster - $3-4k

hard tail kit - $$300

paint, labor - $1-2k

ooorrrrrr, buy something brand new and cookie cutter for way more. whatever you'd like.