<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud
dear casek, pm me so we can discuss proxies further.

thank you and have a good day.

ILB- there's two portable apps you should look into.

Torpark <http://xerobank.com/torrify.html>- Portable Firefox with TOR (The Onion Router) plugin. Very cool. The upside is that it runs your traffic through something like seven proxies automagiclally. Downside is that it's pretty fucking slow- about 1/3 speed of normal FF.

Operator <http://letwist.net/operator>- Same thing, but based on...yep, Opera. Not appreciably different performance wise.

Or, install TOR <http://www.torproject.org/>. And be patient.

Yo I'm considering trying to get some data off my laptop before i send it off for repair under warranty...

Would i be able to just get something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/EW-Link-EXTERNAL-DRIVE-LAPTOP-Silver/dp/B000PBWBNS/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1195255769&sr=8-1

and remove the HD and plug it into another computer?

Any info is appreciated.

anyone? Although im guessing for a laptop it would need to be 2.5".

YOU WOULD THINK WITH $6000 IN MAC COMPUTERS I WOULD....

be able to hook up a fucking router.. but NO. I call Belkin nothing I call comcast nothing..

I cant even get my laptop to work right off the modem! keeps saying it has a self assign IP and may not connect to the internet!!!!!!

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

okay so i'm trying to steer more traffic to my photoblog. i figure not everyone is interested in photos, so im going to start putting up podcast/mixes on it. All the podcast software that i've seen is about talk shows though. anyone have any recommendations on a free program (i dont care how its free as long as it is) that will allow me to make music podcasts? sorry for the noobness.

Transcend joins the 16GB SDHC Class 6 party

11-17-07-transcend-16gb-sdh.jpg

We already saw A-DATA unveil what it claimed was the "world's first" 16GB SDHC card in the Class 6 family, and now Transcend is hitting us all up with a very viable alternative. The card guarantees a minimum write speed of 6MB/second, includes ECC to automatically detect and fix errors and sports a lifetime warranty, too. Not a lot to say beyond that -- especially considering the glaring lack of a price or ship date -- but we doubt you'll be waiting too much longer before seeing this on store shelves.

Dell has the Dell Vostro 1000 Dual Core Laptop w/ 1GB Memory and 15.4" Widescreen Display for $399 shipped right now. This laptop is probably the best deal you can get this Black Friday season without waiting in line for 6+ hours in the freezing cold. The Vostro 1000 comes equipped with the following features:

* AMD AthlonTM 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 (1.7GHz/512KB)

* Genuine Windows Vista® Home Basic

* 15.4" Wide Screen XGA LCD Anti-Glare Display

* 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHZ

* 120GB 5400RPM Hard Drive

* 8X DVD+/-RW w/Double-layer DVD+R Write Capability, for Vista® OS

* ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 256MB HyperMemory™ (integrated)

* Dell Wireless 1390 802.11g Wi-Fi Mini Card

* 1 Year Dell Warranty

preview black friday advertisements

http://bfads.net/Adscans

Ace Hardware

Babies R Us

Bass Pro Shops

Bass Pro ShopsTG

Best Buy

BJ's Wholesale

Circuit City

CompUSA

Costco

CVS Pharmacy

fye

Harbor Freight

hhgregg

Home Depot

Joann Fabrics

KB Toys

Kmart

Kmart Saturday

Kmart Thanksgiving

Kohl's

Longs Drugs

Meijer

Micro Center

Old Navy

PepBoys

RadioShack

Sam's Club

Sears

Sears Fri & Sat

Staples

Target

Toys R Us

Tractor Supply

WalMart Link

Its me again, this time when i look into my "network Connections" folder it seems that my "internet" icon is missing, i need this icon in order to change and allow some port settings. the strange this is even with this icon missing i can still access the internet. is there any way i can make the icon show up again? P.S. this problem occured right after i updated my router's software.

POOOP.jpg