<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
seffiks: my ati has a setting in the properties of the card (catalyst control center) that allows me to do that. what for? sounds interesting.

kill or die: you can either format the hard drive and instlal xp (go for tinyxp) or turn lots of stuff off on vista and scan for spyware (spybot and spyware blaster to block the shit trying to install).

we can give you a step by step if you need it.

also: your boy isn't that smart. computers aren't "made to run ________ operating system" except when you talk about macs, but those are just crap. nowdays, you can even get windows on a mac, so.....

you can always go backwards.

i got an nvidia card no settings to turn the color down ( i want it to view black and white photographs better without sitting here converting them all

MAR what I do is I create a file just for album covers under my Pictures folder. Then google forwhatever album you lookin for..Right click, save..Then on itunes High lite the whole Album without the Picture, right click, Get Info, click on Artwork and then look for the file in which you saved the Googled Image..Does it makes any sense??.Hope that helps..

Edit** Whenever I cant find what Im looking for....I just simply photoshop a quick one..

does it hav a floppy drive?

if so, download this and extract it to a floppy

http://www.dehning.com/download/utilities/bootdisks/boot98sc.exe

boot her computer with it. if that fails, hold escape or delete to get into the bios screen and change the first boot device ro floppy, the second to cd rom, and the third to hard disk

at a: prompt, type format c:

yes, yes, yes

name it

have your downloaded copy of windows xp tiny edition (known as tinyxp on torrent searches.)

search thepiratebay.org or torrentscraper.com to find it.

have you iso image (burn with nero or whatever)

put it in the newly formatted computer, restard, hit enter to boot to cd,

install

complete

I'm trying to make a simple website for the business i'm trying to get going. I just got dreamweaver and have no idea whats going on. i found some tutorials on youtube but was wondering if anyone knew of any other sites i could check out.

i'm just looking to make a splash page (i know, lame, but it will work for what i need), a main page and maybe 4 or five other pages that branch off of that. just a basic site with info about what im offering.

anyone?

go into the bios/cmos and change the boot process to CD ( you will not be able to downgrade to xp you will have to do a full format and install)

to get into thr bios/cmos you will need to press the f2 key or f8 key or delete key them are the most common keys to get in there

MAR what I do is I create a file just for album covers under my Pictures folder. Then google forwhatever album you lookin for..Right click, save..Then on itunes High lite the whole Album without the Picture, right click, Get Info, click on Artwork and then look for the file in which you saved the Googled Image..Does it makes any sense??.Hope that helps..

Edit** Whenever I cant find what Im looking for....I just simply photoshop a quick one..

thats what I ended up doing. I talked to my little bro in israel and he was saying you could drag and drop but it wasnt working for me.

help...

i deleted the "show desktop" icon in the icon tray next to the "start" button for windows...

i'd really like to get that icon back in there, and the shortcut / command to where when you click it, it minimizes all of the windows up and running to show your desktop...

seffiks- how do i do that? or anyone else who knows for that matter???

its been forever since i had my own computer, just got back to my mac. but the browser font is all fucked with some weird font i had for making graphics. i cant read alot of sites like gmail. ive tried going to preferences on firefox and changed all the fonts to arial, ive tried applying using the fonts a website uses as an option but that does work either.

how the hell do i get this font setting off the browser so i can read my shit