<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

??????

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 or is there an easier better way?

its an ibm thinkpad... i have a set of recovery discs, but not the windows xp os disc.... theres some recovery console shit with the discs, but its not the same as booting from an os disc and using the repair option...............

ill prolly figure it out on my own, but i just figured id pop in here and see if you guys had a quick fix.....

thanks......

i tried using the erd disc that i have but it said something about the license not being good when i first got on it and then when i tried to do a restore (using erd) it said there were no restore points..... when i tried to do a restore without erd it went back to the same screen with the missing system file..... do i need to get a new version of erd or some shit?

i looked for a license and found some article about microsoft buying erd.....

i can reinstall windows from the recovery discs that i have..... but i was hoping to be able to replace the system file and be good so i didnt have to lose work that i got on there....

this shit happened when i was trying to play a movied i dl'ed.... the file was shit.... and now the pc i dl'ed it on (the one im on now) is acting up too.... it just fucking went all black on me out of nowhere like 5 minutes ago...... i have way too much shit on this one to lose.... ive been meaning to get external storage to back shit up and format for a while, but ive been lazy.... time make it happen soon i think...

btw... sef, how you been? i havent been spending much time at all online lately.... sorry to be coming in here only when i need someting and not even at least saying hello....

Anyone know an easy way to rip just the sound from a live concert DVD to a mac, so I can put it on my iPod? I have Mediafork, but I can't figure out how to ignore the video and save as mp3 instead of mp4. Also, I'm pretty much computarded.

Thanks.

Johhny fuckin' Ballbags! You should make a thread and catch us all up on what's new.

torrents.... torrentspy and bitlord... it was before the US ban thing... but i been away on vaca for a bit so i didnt have a chance to try to watch it.... (it was fracture btw... which i still want to see)

ima do a restore now.....

good to hear alls well with you...

so i havent been missing much, huh?...

nope notta thing

whats up casek... hows things man?

hey harvey... i would, but i dont think most of ch0 gives a shit about what senor ballbags has been up to.... and nothing all that interesting has happened anyway.... im just not doing the desk job thing anymore so im not on the net that much.... same company, different position (more money)......

ps... harvey: i did a quick search.... check out this forum page: http://forums.macosxhints.com/showthread.php?t=32299 ..... theres some different methods/programs listed and linked on there.....

i know nothing bout macs.... if you know someone who does audio production i would ask them cuz im sure ripping samples from dvd's is pretty common.... if you are still having trouble let me know and ill make a call and find out for you.....

whats up casek... hows things man?

hey harvey... i would, but i dont think most of ch0 gives a shit about what senor ballbags has been up to.... and nothing all that interesting has happened anyway.... im just not doing the desk job thing anymore so im not on the net that much.... same company, different position (more money)......

could be better. i've got a design job where the customer is being indecisive.

had the design done weeks ago, and now she wants something different.

for the fourth time.

i hear ya man... im going through the same thing doing an album design for a friend of mine... i think we are on our 4th or 5th concept now............. im hoping this ones gonna be it, but its still up in the air..... doing work only to throw it out sucks... and sitting on the same project for too long makes you lose interest....

if theres anything i can do to give you a hand let me know..... i think my pm's are full so send me an email if you want....

i was joking, i have this awesome theory, here goes! instead of using blockers and spyware tools and all that nonsense i just reformat anytime something goes wrong haha fresh start every 7-8 months

i do that, too....but i also protect myself in the meantime.

i don't like people gathering information on my habits, etc.

Question..My sister just got a computer from a friend that needed sum money so she flipped it for a few hundred..It was almost brand new, nice flat screen and everything..Only problem is, Windows Vista (Compaq Presario)..I aint no computer sav but I know that shit is whack..I just learned bout Torrents and shit, so I was tryin to teach her sum shit here and there..Same torrents I downloaded on my computer wont work on hers...My question is, can I switch from Vista to Windows XP (downgrade?? since Vista is the "newest" shit)..I asked my boy that usually fixes my computers and he said that It could be tricky since the computer was made to run with Vista?..I dont doubt him cause he works fixin computers, but I would like a second opinion..Vista runs super fuken slow and Firefox seems to freeze a lot..She has Cable connection but TeH InTeRnEtZ still run slow sometimes...Anyone..Thanx...

seffiks: my ati has a setting in the properties of the card (catalyst control center) that allows me to do that. what for? sounds interesting.

kill or die: you can either format the hard drive and instlal xp (go for tinyxp) or turn lots of stuff off on vista and scan for spyware (spybot and spyware blaster to block the shit trying to install).

we can give you a step by step if you need it.

also: your boy isn't that smart. computers aren't "made to run ________ operating system" except when you talk about macs, but those are just crap. nowdays, you can even get windows on a mac, so.....

you can always go backwards.

kill or die: you can either format the hard drive and instlal xp (go for tinyxp) or turn lots of stuff off on vista and scan for spyware (spybot and spyware blaster to block the shit trying to install).

we can give you a step by step if you need it.

Thanx for the quick response..Is it really hard to format the Hard drive?..Like I said Im not too good with computers but if you hook it up with a step by step that would be good...Whenever you're not busy post it up..Thanx for your time...