<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well i made this thread for the reason to save this website from being filled up with wasteful threads but that does not seem to be working as of late, so fuck it i have become addicted to channel zero forum so i quit/ close the thread the questions you people ask are not even challenging and it is a complete waste of my time when all you have to do is google it

well i made this thread for the reason to save this website from being filled up with wasteful threads but that does not seem to be working as of late, so fuck it i have become addicted to channel zero forum so i quit/ close the thread the questions you people ask are not even challenging and it is a complete waste of my time when all you have to do is google it

you can't complain. i didn't when the other thread was around. same thing is happening to thsi thread. you can't complain. i made that other thread for the same reason.

fuck it. just let all the new jacks dump on 12oz until the mods get tired of it.

no one is leaving. if you haven't noticed, both of us get frustrated from time to time.

it happens when there is no challenge. in "real life" or e-life. i'm sure we'll both stick around, i'll take over while seffiks is taking a break. if he does take a break.

what we probably need to do is talk about what we want to talk about for awhile until our help is needed.

here's one: i'm seriously thinking about switching to this tinyserver 2003. it's the 265 meg version. so it still have some important services enabled (big prob with the smaller version in running games and such).

i need the best disk image creator i can get. tried paragon disk backup, but it failed on the third disk.

might also try my hand at learning about how to implement an email server from microcrap.

dunno. thanks for the kind words, jake. no one is leaving thought.

im not leaving / well i am leaving this thread because there is no skill involved there are better forums on the internet (but channel zero is the most entertaining

Attribute Current Raw Overall

7 Raw Read Error Rate 63 119224947 Good

6 Spin Up Time 97 0 Good

10 Start/Stop Count 100 92 Very good

10 Reallocated Sector Count 100 0 Very good

10 Seek Error Rate 87 541600345 Very good

0 Power On Hours Count 79 19011 Watch

Warning: Power On Hours Count is below the average limits (81-100).

10 Spin Retry Count 100 0 Very good

10 Power Cycle Count 100 1010 Very good

7 Hardware ECC Recovered 63 119224947 Good

10 Current Pending Sector 100 0 Very good

10 Offline Uncorrectable Sector Count 100 0 Very good

10 Ultra DMA CRC Error Rate 200 0 Very good

10 Write Error Rate 100 0 Very good

10 TA Increase Count 100 0 Very good

NOTE: not all warnings are reflected on fitness and performance overall values as relevancy is based upon the settings from the hard disk manufacturer who is the best entity deputed to define such relationships.

NOTE : your hard disk Power On Hours Count attribute current value (79) is below the normal range (81 - 100) reported for your specific hard disk model. Basically your hard disk was powered on for more than the maximum time the average user did. This means that either all of the reports collected are from hard disks that were not powered on for too long (this is realistic for recent models) or that your hard disk is becoming old. Usually this is not considered as a pre-failure advisory, but you should check whether you want to replace the hardware or keep an eye on its performances over time.

The overall fitness for this drive is 97%.

The overall performance for this drive is 97%.

so casek should i worry about the harddrive?

This may not be the thread but is there anyway to retrieve images from an SD card?

I have an older Konica digital camera that has taken over 10,000 photos and in the last couple of weeks it's been fucking up in a big old way.

I'll take the card out to print out some photos or upload them via a card reader ( i have lost the USB cord for the camera years ago) it says there are no images and then you put the card back in the camera hey presto! all the photos you've recently taken are gone!

I've been to a camera shop and the guy said therer were no photos on the card but a moment before I was looking at them on my camera's screen.

any ideas..? software? or somthing that could help me out?

all advice gratefully received.

if it's awrong thread let me know and i'll start a new one

schnitz.

seffiks: probably not. mine averages about 97-98 %.

i'd guess, right out of the box, an HD would do about the same.

what you could do is invest in one of those cheap HD cooler frames. lift it a little

and let airflow take its effect.

or amke one. popsicle sticks work wonders.

about the HD imaging software.// any recommendations?

This may not be the thread but is there anyway to retrieve images from an SD card?

I have an older Konica digital camera that has taken over 10,000 photos and in the last couple of weeks it's been fucking up in a big old way.

I'll take the card out to print out some photos or upload them via a card reader ( i have lost the USB cord for the camera years ago) it says there are no images and then you put the card back in the camera hey presto! all the photos you've recently taken are gone!

I've been to a camera shop and the guy said therer were no photos on the card but a moment before I was looking at them on my camera's screen.

schnitz.

you picked the right thread. gimme a minute and i'll PM you.

schnitz.

so yer saying that when yo put the sd card in the card reader it killsthe data on the card? you can get replacement cables for the digi anywhere

this is a great little tool

http://www.kmart.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=155111&N=0&Nty=1&Ntk=All&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntt=usb%20cable

107000000060-300.jpg

its a basic usb cable and it comes with 9 main adapters most digi cameras take the bottom 4 seen in the picture

you guys leave people with a little work to do, which in my opinion is the best way for someone to learn......

people at work ask me for help on the same thing over and over cuz i have to hold their hand through the whole process....... and it sucks every time...

/true story

that's the whole point. people need to be more computer literate.

johnny: the best technique for helping people in a one on one

situation is to say "show me what you are trying to do"

i guarantee you that 75% of the time, they figure it out on their own

at that moment. it's odd, but it works.

here we don't have the benefit of that, so we can lead people in the right direction.

which, if you ask me, is just as good as an answer.

I dunno Casek, I still got a firewire drive that my comp won't recognize...

we both have full time jobs, too.

did you check to see if your motherboard manufacturer (or computer manufacturer, if you bought it from dell or hp) makes a driver for it? those things are a bitch to set up.

i need some more information on your computer. then we can get down to brass tacks (i've never been able to use that in a conversation)

dear casek, hi, this is hitler.

im trying to burn a video to a disk using super dvd creator. it stops during the converting process and just closes. no errors no nothing. just stops. it still works on other videos. what can i do to fix this problem. i assume its in the video but i have no idea how to fix that gay shit.