<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

Heres one..

ill list the problems.. im sure its a fucking virus.. someone said "ciadoor" virus. hatever the fuck that is.

1. computer wont shut down.

2. wont allow me to do certain things like, open task manager.

3. i cant remove programs.

software issues..

1 firefox freezes about every 20mins

2 spybot, malwarebytes dont detect anything wrong

3 avg free wont even work.. it ask "save or cancel" when i first try to run it.. but the "save" button is grey and ya cant click it.

i can access task manager SOMETIMES as a guest on the computer.. at that point i can see one particular process is taking up alota cpu resources.. like 90% + .

windows vista "Basic"

thats all im aware of at this point.

any help?

ive actually smashed my last 2 computers out of frustration ..ide prefer not to go that route this time.

oh fuck... almost forgot..

others have witnessed this so im not crazy/on acid.

... this fucking thing turns itself on out knowhere.. at like 4am.. chillin and the thing is across the room and just turns the fuck on.. and starts doing shit.

few days ago me and my sister were talking with my brother on the computer.. were done..we turn the shit off(by hlding the power button down) .. we leave i buy her broke ass lunch.. we come back and the fucking thing is playing youtube videos!! ..seriously what theee fuck is going on?

help please.

sorry for shitty spellingz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I believe you may be a victim of the 12oz ghost, he has possessed your computer.

In all seriousness, have you tried running it in safe mode and doing a scan?

Also it is always good to unplug the ethernet cable when not in use, now what really

surprises me is your computer being turned on by itself out the blue.

Can you install programs at least? I say get rid of your current antivirus software and installing this

also use the key

S9097868R9097F1106-CRUDS1Y2

If you can install, do an update before restarting the computer, and it will scan your drives while booting. (dont skip this part).

i tried that too b4 i spoke in here..

came back in to say..

oh well...

doesnt matter anymore shit is toast.

but thanks for the help.

What exactly did you end up doing?

You could have just copped the windows 7, reformatted and started fresh.

ok, so i have a wired internet connection, but my neighbor has wifi

is there any way i could use my land wire AND the wifi for stupid fast internet?

lol, like combine them to make a single network? I don't think so. Do a speed test to see if your neighbor has faster internet, very unlikely. You can only be connected to a single network, meaning either your neighbors wifi or your wired internet. Do you require a stupid fast internet?

i bought a canon vixia hf20 and im trying to upload some footage to final cut on a mac but its giving me this following messege

file error: 1 file(s) recognized, 0 acces denied, 1 unknown

also i tried on a pc and i can only open the files on the canon software that came with the camera, it did not open them on windows movie maker because it didnt recognize the file.

the file type is mts

help?

so like i said earlier i just got a macbook,

ive got a couple albums from megaupload

im guessing i dont need winzip/rar to open em but dont know what i do need to use

is there something already on here to open em or do i need to download something?

ive been on nothing but PC for over a decade so this shit is all new to me.

now i know what my grandparents feel like on a computer haha

thanks again guys!

whats the best free antivirus ?

i'm looking for something that is constantly running and can protect from website attacks

along with it being able to do full scans and that stuff of course

also, is there a better alternative then spybot search and destroy?

and finally.. best firewall? i used to use black ice years ago on a past computer

i've been out of the loop or even know if that was a decent one anyway, help me out

im guessing i dont need winzip/rar to open em but dont know what i do need to use

is there something already on here to open em or do i need to download something?

thanks again guys!

one more question,

what do i need to do to use WMA files on this thing? have some on my external hd

thnx

So, I tried setting up the VPN with no success. Instead I got Remote desktop to work and it seems like the same thing? Any advantages or disadvantges to using Remote desktop instead of VPN? Thanks

here this is how you make a VPN on vista

http://www.publicvpn.com/support/Vista.php

but first what version of vista are you running?

and what OS are you running on the other end?

whats the best free antivirus ?

i'm looking for something that is constantly running and can protect from website attacks

along with it being able to do full scans and that stuff of course

also, is there a better alternative then spybot search and destroy?

and finally.. best firewall? i used to use black ice years ago on a past computer

i've been out of the loop or even know if that was a decent one anyway, help me out

Things You Can Do At Home

Here Are My Recommended Programs That You Should Install, To Keep Your Computer Clean And Running Smooth

Recommended Anti-Virus Software

Avast Anti-Virus (Free Home Edition)

Recommended By Me, But Slows Computer Down During Boot.

AVG Anti-Virus (Free Edition)

Also A Great Product, Is Slow During Scan And Gives A Lot False Positives.

Avira AntiVir (Free Edition)

Very Fast, Very Small , Works Very Well.

Comodo Anti-Virus (Free Edition)

Very Bloated With Extra Tools ( Not Very Beginner User Friendly, But Works Great.

Recommended System Cleaners

CCleaner

Freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)

Recommended Anti-Malware Software

MalwareBytes (Free)

Recommend By Me, Great Program, Finds Everything.

Windows Defender (Free)

Great Balance Of Speed, And File Pickup, Low On System Resources. Comes Built In With Vista.

Spybot-S&D ( Free)

Fast, Small, Finds A Lot Of Files.

Ad-Aware (Free)

Slow, Finds The Most Files When Properly Configured But Takes Up The Most System Resources.

HijackThis (Free)

For Advanced Users Only.

Internet Web Browser Alternatives

Mozilla Firefox ( with extensions)

Recommended By Me, Fast, Most Secure, Has The Ability To Fit Anyones Style, Very User Friendly

Opera

The Fastest Of All The Web Browsers, And Most Compatible With Websites Built In IE Code. More Secure Then IE

Safari

This Is For Apple Turnovers That Want To Stay Connected To Something They Know.

• Like 1

I have 3 laptops and an ooooold desktop that are sitting around collecting dust. Is there anything cool I could do with these things? Set up a completely useless network?

sell them on craigslist or ebay

post the model numbers and and condition and i will tell you what to sell them for

thanks again guys!

itll open on stuffit expander.