<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Got a slightly annoying problem. the annoying part being my parents as their keyboard has decided it doesnt want to work. The thing is that it works when one user is logged in but wont when the other is. Anyone know how i can solve this issue. Im sure its really simple just have no clue.

yoo i need help installing a psu...will it be hard? or is it just a matter of seeing where the last PSu was plugged in and just plugging the new one in those same spots?

i dont feel like dropping money for some faggot nerd to do it for 80 dollars at circuit city if its a 5 minute thing to do

In light of sounding like a retard, I need some assistance setting up a bit-torrent program. I'm not sure if there is someone that's willing to help me out, don't know if I should PM one of the tech heads in here, if someone is willing just let me know, please.

download and install utorrent after installing do some speed tweaks and open up ports

go here and read do what it says

http://www.utorrent.com/setup_guide.php

then to start downloading torrents just go to this site find what you are looking for and download

http://torrent-finder.com/

have a good day

yoo i need help installing a psu...will it be hard? or is it just a matter of seeing where the last PSu was plugged in and just plugging the new one in those same spots?

i dont feel like dropping money for some faggot nerd to do it for 80 dollars at circuit city if its a 5 minute thing to do

yeah if you are just replacing a dead psu just just plug in what you unplugged from the last ( best to take pictures before proceeding for the first time

pretty simple though its like a 5 minute job after pulling it out

watch yer words ( people got to get payed dont hate cause you aint gettin payed for easy shit

Its a USB connection. Its weird as like i said it works dependent on which user is logged in. Is there some sort of keyboard lock that can be activated by a user? The keyboard is actually on just wont type.

well change the usb port ( sounds like a conflict of some sort) prolly from a printer or other usb device that is configured on 1 profile and not the other which causes it not to work

well change the usb port ( sounds like a conflict of some sort) prolly from a printer or other usb device that is configured on 1 profile and not the other which causes it not to work

Yeah ive tried different ports and different keyboards. Same deal works with one user not hte other.

Is it just the keyboard? Try plugging in a flash drive or some other USB device logged in as the other user.

Does the mouse work? Do you have a USB to PS2 adapter? Get creative.

Yeah i tried all those things tried front USB port back ports. Its not the keyboard as like i said Ive tried it with my other keyboard and it doesnt work. Its only when im logged in as the secondary user that It works. I log out sign in as the other user and the keyboard dies.

Im thinking ill just create a new user and delete the old. What happens to the document files that are connected to this user? To they get deleted?

I got the new laptop.....

8648118_sa.jpg

Compaq Presario F756NR

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8648118&type=product&id=1195598868093

So, it's got Vista on it. I can deal with that- for now. However, I would like to put XP on it, but I can't seem to find a straight answer as to whether there's XP-compatible drivers available for it.

I hear the issues are with the SATA, wifi and Nvidia drivers. Anyone have ideas?

Besides all that, it's a nice laptop. I'd recommend it.

yer choice, pretty much i choose hibernate do to the fact that its faster to bring back up then a reboot downfall is sometimes the hibernation file get corrupt and if you close it without saving files it sucks just be sure to save files before closing the laptop

On my laptop after about the 5-6th consecutive hibernation, it starts taking ages and ages to come out of hibernation.

It gets stuck on the black screen with the progress bar at 100% for about 5 minutes.

I don't get any issues with file corruption, there's plenty of HD space, 2GB ram, still on XP pro, and i don't really leave any programs running.

any suggestions on speeding it up?

I paid 600 out the door the day before the sale ended.

Yeah, Best Buy sucks one but I looked around and this was the best/most laptop for the money out there on short notice. My Thinkpad went tits up on Tuesday night.

However, I need to find the XP compatible drivers.

thats the same exact laptop i have shai

i like it

It's the nicest computer I've ever owned. Did you get XP to work on it?

So far I've tried two different Linux distros (PCLinuxOS 2007 and Zenwalk 5.0 Live) and haven't had any luck.

Still waiting on TinyXP Vista edition.

uh...haha...im not very computer savy

vista is fine for me

never had the xp experience

went strait from millenium on the oldie to vista on this one

whats so good about xp?

i dont see myself going through the trouble of getting it but im curious

mine was refurbished though

had a scratch down the middle of the screen when i got it

but its all good

its also the nicest comp i have ever had

muffs, 192,.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 are the ones ive had to use depending on the router

if i unplug the cable from my router to my laptop and plug it back in, i'll get an error saying that my connection has 'limited or no connectivity'. hitting repair doesn't work. the only way i'll get a good connection again is by making sure its plugged in again and restarting.

this also means i can't use my wireless connection because it has to connect after the computer has started up.

anyone???