<<< 12Oz Computer Tech Support SuperThread >>>

Mainter

MY BROTHERS COMPUTER HAS THE e-HERPS.

so i erased all, reloaded windows, and when it booted up for the first time, this page pps up with a blinking red bar at the top of the pop up window saying INSTALLING PROGRAMS, DONT TOUCH ANY KEY FOR UP TO 30 MINUTES...

is that shit normal? i havent done this is a minute but i dont recall the shit having to do that...

reloaded windows media center 2007 i believe....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I just got a new computer and it comes with a reinstall disk, or at least I gather it is. Says for use with existing OS etc. My girl NEEDS to start over. Her cousin imagined himself a h4x0r and apparantly got pwned (i'll stop now) So If I take that disk and slap in it in, will that start her shit from scratch (Windows XP on both) or will I have to buy a disk? What if I were to (pirate) buy vista? And what doews reformat mean in english?

I just got a new computer and it comes with a reinstall disk, or at least I gather it is. Says for use with existing OS etc. My girl NEEDS to start over. Her cousin imagined himself a h4x0r and apparantly got pwned (i'll stop now) So If I take that disk and slap in it in, will that start her shit from scratch (Windows XP on both) or will I have to buy a disk? What if I were to (pirate) buy vista? And what doews reformat mean in english?

to reformat is to erase the hard drive and literally start over.

i don't know about your restore disc....i do know that xp is better and faster than vista.

you should get tiny xp (torrent site) and start over with that.

Guest spectr

yeah well the thing is this came from microsoft.. my boy lost his backup cd for his laptop.. I got him connected to the net through a network.. since his comp is fucked to reinstall his os... decided to grab that.. since he wanted it.. and now its fucked... I also downloaded it off a torrent and tried to install and it did the same thing to me.. I don't know whats going on other then his computer is fucked...

fuck it i will figure it out..

i defragged my HD and discovered there's only a 60 gig partition that I have on a 360gig hd

what all do i have to do to make another drive to use the rest of the space

find "partition magic" via torrents or something. it's completely easy to make a new partition or several.

yeah well the thing is this came from microsoft.. my boy lost his backup cd for his laptop.. I got him connected to the net through a network.. since his comp is fucked to reinstall his os... decided to grab that.. since he wanted it.. and now its fucked... I also downloaded it off a torrent and tried to install and it did the same thing to me.. I don't know whats going on other then his computer is fucked...

fuck it i will figure it out..

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3508995/Windows_TinyXP_Vista_Edition_(eXPerience)

Stop fucking around with cdkeys. Get that and use it, it's the best version of XP out there. No keys, all the drivers are there, and it's FAST.

shai, casek, seffiks, seph - whats up

been borrowing the neighbors wifi but the signal is really weak and slow

my pops has dsl in the livivng room

tried unplugging the wire that goes from the router to the tower and plugging it into my laptop to use the dsl the other day

after a few mins of trying to get it to work, a screen came up asking for the pw like the one i had to enter for my roomates wifi at my last place

didnt know it so i gave up and went back to the neighbors signal

today i asked my dad for the pw and he said he didnt have to enter one, didnt have any idea what i was talking about.

i would like to get some length of cable and just run it to my room eventually

but i gotta figure out what the hell i am doing first

from this info any ideas what i am doing wrong? maybe unplug the router when switching machines? if i do need a pw and my pops lost it or whatever, how can i get it?

once again thanks in advance you guys

cheers

shai, casek, seffiks, seph - whats up

been borrowing the neighbors wifi but the signal is really weak and slow

my pops has dsl in the livivng room

tried unplugging the wire that goes from the router to the tower and plugging it into my laptop to use the dsl the other day

after a few mins of trying to get it to work, a screen came up asking for the pw like the one i had to enter for my roomates wifi at my last place

didnt know it so i gave up and went back to the neighbors signal

today i asked my dad for the pw and he said he didnt have to enter one, didnt have any idea what i was talking about.

i would like to get some length of cable and just run it to my room eventually

but i gotta figure out what the hell i am doing first

from this info any ideas what i am doing wrong? maybe unplug the router when switching machines? if i do need a pw and my pops lost it or whatever, how can i get it?

once again thanks in advance you guys

cheers

either call yer pops ISP ( internet service provider the one who step up the dsl for him you may need the passcode to login ( yet another downfall of DSL)

and then if yer pops is connected via router then post what type it is and use the default password

either linksys or dlink something like that

go to t his site it has the default passwords for alot of routers ( if that fails just reset the router by pressing the reset button for 5 seconds this will return the password to default

Hello,

My name is Ashish Kumar and I'm a recruiter at Artech.

Artech has an urgent contract for one of our direct clients:

Project Location Information

Primary Project Location Information

Job Title: Systems/Technical Support

Duration: 12 Months

Job Description:

UNISYS Systems Software Support position, responsible for the installation and maintenance of OS2200 systems software components, and hardware configuration maintenance

Skills Inventory

1) Software Installation and Support Expert Required

2) Hardware Installation and Support Intermediate Required

3) Contingency and Disaster Recovery Intermediate Desired

4) Information Security Administration Intermediate Desired

5) Unisys Mainframe Support Expert Required

If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (973) 993-9383 Ext.3431, even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.

Artech is a global IT Consulting company with over 25 Fortune 500 customers. You may visit our website at www.artechinfo.com to learn more about us.

Thank you.

Sincerely yours,

Ashish Kumar Singh

(973) 993-9383 Ext.3431

aksingh@artechinfo.com

Note: You are receiving this e-mail either because your resume had been posted to one of the internet job sites, or you had previously submitted your resume to us.

If you are not currently seeking employment, or if you would prefer I contact you at some later date, please follow the link below to indicate your date of availability.

If you are a current AT&T employee or contractor, please disregard this e-mail.

If you are interested in this position, please click here.

If you would like to unsubscribe, please click here.

Lookup Candidate

PC Support

Get all your Windows, Hardware, Networking, and software support questions answered here

PC Tips and Tricks, Modding

Linux/Unix Support

Get all your Linux/Unix questions answered here

Linux/Unix Tips and Tricks

Mac Support

Get all your mac questions answered here

Mac Tips and Tricks

Electronics

Get all your questions on MP3 players, Digital Cameras, Digital Video Cameras, TV's, etc. answered here

its all up to you of what you want on this thread so post your questions and suggestions

ok. well it's probably not as difficult as i'm making it seem.

but, i'm getting a new computer at work soon, so i need to transfer

all my personal files to disk.

the problem is, my computer doesn't have a cdr/rw/dvd drive, so i'm borrowing

a lite-on it ez dub burner with usb cable, but i don't have the software disk.

i tried looking online, but i'm not seeing it.

i'm not sure if i can just download different software, or if i need to find

the download for the specific burner?

You shouldn't need drivers for it. Try plugging it in and seeing what happens.

What would be a million times easier would be to get your work to give you 40 bucks so you can go buy a 4 GB flash drive. Then, if you wanted to burn the files to disk later you could.

yer fine, yo dont need no software, just plug in the usb lite-on to the computer that you want the files off of go to easy transfer wizard and select how and what you need to transfer and yer all done

plug the lite-on into the new computer run the easy transfer wizard again ( select continue transfer and everything will be sent over

( if you are transferring program settings from one computer to another be sure to install the programs on the new computer first before doing the transfer or you will have corrupt files