Miami ink or Inked??

PiercingMan

shark,

ha, actually, of all the jobs ive had, manual labor is the least of it. long sleeves are the great equalizer.

when i was in italy, i had people literally grabbing my arm and pulling me around to show their friends. didnt speak a word of english, would just smile and grab me. at first i was kind of annoyed, till somebody explained that nobody there really has tattoos, let alone sleeves, so they're all amazed when they do see them. after that i just laughed it off and enjoyed knowing that i'd be brought up in conversations 6 months from then.

dizzle is fucking retarded. yoji is cool, but seriously, why the hell would you want to teach someone to tattoo if they couldn't draw to begin with. like...how do you even learn 'how' to draw?! either you can or you can't, end of story.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by seeking@Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM

shark,

ha, actually, of all the jobs ive had, manual labor is the least of it. long sleeves are the great equalizer.

when i was in italy, i had people literally grabbing my arm and pulling me around to show their friends. didnt speak a word of english, would just smile and grab me. at first i was kind of annoyed, till somebody explained that nobody there really has tattoos, let alone sleeves, so they're all amazed when they do see them. after that i just laughed it off and enjoyed knowing that i'd be brought up in conversations 6 months from then.

dizzle is fucking retarded. yoji is cool, but seriously, why the hell would you want to teach someone to tattoo if they couldn't draw to begin with. like...how do you even learn 'how' to draw?! either you can or you can't, end of story.

you've got a point, but a good friend of mine is an apprentice at the moment, and he knows how to draw, but is being taught how to draw the correct way and with the right techniques. maybe its a similar situation but they're only showing the most intriguing parts. on a side note, im not too big a fan of either show, but, if it came down to it i'd watch the Miami one over vegas. the vegas one was on last night as i was flipping through channels, and no lie, last nights episode was brought to us by Vagisil. Rub that on your chest.

i know there are ways to draw things, techniques, etc, but these ma'fuckers simply cant draw at all. yoji can't draw a fucking wave. he cant draw a rose. nothing. that shit just baffles me, because drawing is the only thing i've ever known how to do. it's such an instinctual thing, i don't know how someone could 'learn' it'.

Just watched this (miami ink) tonight, it was pretty entertaining.

I really don't understand why this dude Yoji would decide to become a tatto artist to support his family, and THEN learn to draw. what the fuck.

And also the dudes complaining about the fairy tattos was pretty funny to me.

Originally posted by seeking@Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM

shark,

I usually wear a sweater/dress shirt type ensemble to work.

It isnt mandatory by any means, theres definetly a very lax "dress code" for my job.

But last week, I was wearing a t-shirt and was copying something and I hear "ooooooooooh....lookit thaaaaaaat" behind me.

One of the boss ladies like, pokes my arm and I turn around super quick since I was "in the zone" working on shit. She's like "oh I'm sorry, your arms very pretty."

Super.

Originally posted by Shark Hammil+Jan 25 2006, 01:01 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shark Hammil - Jan 25 2006, 01:01 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-seeking@Jan 19 2006, 10:22 PM

shark,

I usually wear a sweater/dress shirt type ensemble to work.

It isnt mandatory by any means, theres definetly a very lax "dress code" for my job.

But last week, I was wearing a t-shirt and was copying something and I hear "ooooooooooh....lookit thaaaaaaat" behind me.

One of the boss ladies like, pokes my arm and I turn around super quick since I was "in the zone" working on shit. She's like "oh I'm sorry, your arms very pretty."

Super.

[/b]

As long as you wear long sleeves on your interview, they can't/don't say shit once your hired.

PS: Corny Hart looks like a miniature version of Jesse James from Monster Garage.

I was pretty unimpressed by the Japanese work the "ladies man" did on that one dude's upper arm.

I was also thoroughly shocked that the bald guy had served in the Israeli army.

The one Garver did on the girls back, with the fan and the cherry blossoms and Mt. Fuji, that one was nicely designed I thought.