Jury

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you have something of yours with a diffrent address you can get out by claiming you are in a diffrent district . Send back the notice with an explination and a coppy of the bill, tax statement school address,ect. and they will let you off!

o yea have a nice day

I just got a summons too ... we have two courts you can get called to ... one is a mess and sucks the other is easy as pie.

i got the easy one this time so i am not as bummed.

last time i served I had to miss a work party ... and they had Tone Loc play ... not a huge loss but it would have been funny !!

i got jury duty once and i just filled out the form stating that i was in school and would not be able to make it. sent that puppy in and never heard a word again.....so either i have a warrant for my arrest for not showing....or it was no big thang and it got me off the hook......

well first off, you can postpone it twice by saying that you can't afford to miss work. the third time you have to go, but can easily get out of it when they ask you a bunch of questions about your beliefs and such. for instance, i was a potential juror for a drug case, and they asked if anyone had any philosophical beliefs concerning drugs that would hinder their judgement, and i said i did. they said "ok, you're free to go" and that's how i got out of jury duty.

I got my lecturer to write me a letter saying i had an important class that day, and couldnt do it. I had to physically go in and submit the letter to make sure there was no problems. My account also got credited $2.50 for bus/train fare.

If you have any illnesses, a doctors certificate will exempt you, or having to take care of a sick relative etc. Or claiming your mentally unfit for the work (you can fill the form in with your left hand :) )

Don't try a physical ailment, people don't get out of shit for that. You're going to have to show up. Wait until you get called, and based on the case, associate it with yourself in a manner that will get you disqualified. I.e. if it's a molestation case, say your cousin was molested, if it was robbery, say your roommate was robbed and you've been paranoid ever since. I did every fucking thing I could do to get out of it. I laid in the hallway outside the courtroom and slept, and finally they sent me home :-)

Originally posted by fatbastard@Jun 18 2005, 01:39 AM

I got my lecturer to write me a letter saying i had an important class that day, and couldnt do it. I had to physically go in and submit the letter to make sure there was no problems. My account also got credited $2.50 for bus/train fare.

If you have any illnesses, a doctors certificate will exempt you, or having to take care of a sick relative etc. Or claiming your mentally unfit for the work (you can fill the form in with your left hand :) )

:love2: Except I'm left handed... but I think I have gathered enough good ideas from this thread to where I can dodge.

then again, if its a major trial (ala michael jackson) you could make a fortune by writing a book...

or just use it to skip work /catch up on sleep.

dont they cover the pay you miss by doing it? if thats the case then something like "well i was meant to be working for £200 a day this week...."

Archived