The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I have no reason to wear baggy pants: I'm not a thug, I don't sell drugs, and I don't

carry a gun with me. I see dudes walking around with baggy ass girbauds down to the

knees, to me, that's really goofy. It's probably not very smart either: How are you going to

run from the police in those? Let alone skateboard. But I'm not gonna argue about pants

though, cause you know, it's just pants and people are entitled to their own opinion.

I have no reason to wear baggy pants: I'm not a thug, I don't sell drugs, and I don't

carry a gun with me. I see dudes walking around with baggy ass girbauds down to the

knees, to me, that's really goofy. It's probably not very smart either: How are you going to

run from the police in those? Let alone skateboard. But I'm not gonna argue about pants

though, cause you know, it's just pants and people are entitled to their own opinion.

You don't even know what you're talking about.

Baggy pants started with skateboarders.

For a reason.

Because it's easier to skate when you don't have fabric squeezing your legs and preventing you from being able to fully bend your legs.

And I can run just fine in baggy pants for that exact reason. And because I wear a belt like most people who wear baggy pants.

Tight pants not only makes it harder to skate, but where the fuck do yo fags put your wallet, keys, cellphone, whatever else that usually goes in your pockets when your pants are so fucking tight that there aint room for shit?

But all that aside. What it really boils down to is the fact that you kids look like flaming FAGS in your tight pants.

i was gonna say. 50 is pretty tiny.

finally saw fully flared last night. i gotta say, i was not blown away. i mean, its rad and everything, and theres some sick stuff in there for sure. but i think skate videos should be 35-45 minutes long. at what point is this gonna end with the epic saga 2 and 3 song parts. how are you going to one up that in the future? i mean, i respect them putting in work and everything, but shit, if it takes 10 years for your damn video to premiere of course you fucking better have tons of footage, do i really need to see every bit of it? whatever, im not a tech guy- half the time im not even paying attention if something is switch or whatever. when videos are so long like that i zone out and its like im looking at the screen without even registering whats actually happening. guy, and mj, and carroll, and some of the overseas guys ripped it, but i coulda used the cliffs notes.

but the intro is sick, ill give them that for sure.

also got the new osiris video free with a thrasher. its pretty good too. apparently im burnt out on videos because i should be alot more enthused about this stuff.

i was gonna say. 50 is pretty tiny.

finally saw fully flared last night. i gotta say, i was not blown away. i mean, its rad and everything, and theres some sick stuff in there for sure. but i think skate videos should be 35-45 minutes long. at what point is this gonna end with the epic saga 2 and 3 song parts. how are you going to one up that in the future? i mean, i respect them putting in work and everything, but shit, if it takes 10 years for your damn video to premiere of course you fucking better have tons of footage, do i really need to see every bit of it? whatever, im not a tech guy- half the time im not even paying attention if something is switch or whatever. when videos are so long like that i zone out and its like im looking at the screen without even registering whats actually happening. guy, and mj, and carroll, and some of the overseas guys ripped it, but i coulda used the cliffs notes.

but the intro is sick, ill give them that for sure.

also got the new osiris video free with a thrasher. its pretty good too. apparently im burnt out on videos because i should be alot more enthused about this stuff.

You're not witty.

Wheel size is relative to where you live and what you skate.

If you live on the east coast skating rough ass street, 52-56 or bigger.

If youre skating pools, and ramps, 55-60s

If youre skating skate parks, and smooth ass concrete like california, 49-53.

i went from skating 60s in nyc, to skating 51s in cali.

i barely have to push in cali since its so smooth, and i get quicker pop.

i went from skating 60s in nyc, to skating 51s in cali.

i barely have to push in cali since its so smooth, and i get quicker pop.

I totally agree . When I skated San Francisco , I was skating a 8.5" board , but 55mm wheels . Boston's wondeful brick everything , IIRC probably 53mm , the lowest I go . When I skate Street I do a lot of wallrides , bean-plants , etc...and need some " meat " underneath my bigger board . I don't ride anything bigger than 63mm , and that's usually skating vert / bowls .

I'm from the east coast and I've been rocking 50's for mad long.

So do most street skaters from round my way.

back in the big pants small wheels, kids rode 39s no matter where you lived, but the kids in cali had it easier skating rubber bands, than the east coasters.

im not saying its impossible, but it makes it easier to skate on for the kind of terrain you skate.

in the late 90s, when 5boro first launched, i was hyped on the dudes that were skating for them. their speed, and just being able to ollie over anything, wallride anything and powerslide at will. so i upgraded to whatever tiny wheels i was skating, and got 57s.

im back to 50s, but when i skate back east, i have to put a lot more effort into getting speed.

i'm not sure why everyone bangs on about the streets in california being made of gold and super smooth to ride. they're pretty jacked up from what i've seen. australia is a shit ton smoother than this place. downtown melbourne is a fucking dream to roll around

i grew up on the east coast, and currently live on the west coast.

the sidewalks are smooth as shit! and the streets are smoother than any pothole ridden street of nyc.

skateparks are like ice, and indoor parking garages are too smooth to skate.

i dont know much about the rest of the world, but i asume anywhere that doesnt get rain, snow or ice is pretty much smooth. or if youre barcelona, everythings marble anyway.