Vacationland

oOsoupOo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo I Was Just Looking Through Paper Chase, And I'm Feeling Like Maine Should Have A Thread In There... I Know A Grip Of Cats Have A Lot Of Talent Around Here... Also I Know Of Some Very Nice Pieces Mafs Have By Other Writers In Their Books... I Would Also Be A Good Place For Crits And Shit Like That... What's Everyone Think?

Yo I Was Just Looking Through Paper Chase, And I'm Feeling Like Maine Should Have A Thread In There... I Know A Grip Of Cats Have A Lot Of Talent Around Here... Also I Know Of Some Very Nice Pieces Mafs Have By Other Writers In Their Books... I Would Also Be A Good Place For Crits And Shit Like That... What's Everyone Think?

i think youre a cop

that'd be pretty cool.

know your street art:

Tag: Stylized signature usually simple and one color.

Throw up: A more elaborate tag normally using more than one color, but it takes much less time than a piece

Pieces: Short for masterpieces, these are large, detailed drawings, sometimes in 3-D or other special effects

Stencil: Prepared in advanced, artists use stencils to quickly apply complex designs on the street using spray paint.

Stickers: Usually hand-written, or printed, stickers can be prepared in advance quickly slapped onto a surface.

Wheatpaste: Street art done on paper, and then pasted to a surface using a home-cooked glue made of readily available ingredients.

"Ninja" knitting / knits: Knit pieces prepared in advance and fastened onto poles and trees. These are very time-intensive, coveted by collectors, and easy to remove so they often don't stay up very long.

article is trash

pics from ho's wordpress in everyone elses business

img_7321.jpg?w=614&h=921

picture-2.png?w=442&h=596

2430234006_a7cb5f9f33.jpg?w=500&h=375

2429418501_20d0af46db.jpg?w=500&h=375

Yeah, at first I was all like "AHHHH FUCK that shit! Another article where people take credit for shit they DONT do and a buncha people talking about shit they never did blah, blah, blah."

But then my friend brought up a great point, isn't it better that people get fucked up info from people who dont know what they're talking about. And he kinda had a point, I mean, its better that the general population remains clueless about how shit really goes down, when I actually think about it, having people that never did graffiti, give information about graffiti is GREAT!

Think of it this way, we are a country that is going to war with another, and the opposing side is airing a study about our fighting tactics. Would you rather have them interview a soldier from OUR side that knows whats up, or a soldier from THEIR side that may have seen a few videos about how we fight, but never been in the trenches in their life. Misinformation all the way man. So I'm sayin, let em feel like they're involved, let the general public think theyre getting some inside info. Fuck em. Itll only preserve the real for a little bit longer...

Yeah, at first I was all like "AHHHH FUCK that shit! Another article where people take credit for shit they DONT do and a buncha people talking about shit they never did blah, blah, blah."

But then my friend brought up a great point, isn't it better that people get fucked up info from people who dont know what they're talking about. And he kinda had a point, I mean, its better that the general population remains clueless about how shit really goes down, when I actually think about it, having people that never did graffiti, give information about graffiti is GREAT!

Think of it this way, we are a country that is going to war with another, and the opposing side is airing a study about our fighting tactics. Would you rather have them interview a soldier from OUR side that knows whats up, or a soldier from THEIR side that may have seen a few videos about how we fight, but never been in the trenches in their life. Misinformation all the way man. So I'm sayin, let em feel like they're involved, let the general public think theyre getting some inside info. Fuck em. Itll only preserve the real for a little bit longer...

That's a really really good point. When outsiders are discussing a clandestine society, misinformation is the best information

^ True.. But it still enrages me, that certain art pussies cant just get in where they fit in.. I would never claim to be a good artist, know anything about art theory or history, or selling art.. or try and talk about shit I never did.. or maybe did for a year or two. If your a primarily a commercial artist.. cool! props! I wish I could make money off my crap.. but thats not what I do. People just need to shut up and do what they do well!

Archived