Vacationland

oOsoupOo

Sorry, im from California and its definatley a So. cal style bite hard! Not really a big deal, besides your hand is horrific and your allready trying to do font style technical stamps.. and why not do stuff from your region.. unless your from Caly then sorry. Internet generation everything is a shit salad all eaten with one fork.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha cant win for losing, sorry i didnt know local heads when i started, i have mad respect for everyone out there, especially the more experienced heads, just trying to find a style that fits me, just looking for advice

Its not a big deal dude.. work on your hand before you try pieces or stamps like that. Because no matter how sick your piece is, if your hand next to it isnt up to par nobody with any ounce of significance will give a shit about your piece.

If I could of done a piece like that when I first started I would of been psyched! But when I started you couldnt piece without getting your hand half decent, out of pure respect for yourself... cause youd be so clowned and dissed.

A Very Good Writer From Our Area/Scene Once Said To Me "Bite What Ever Inspires You, Everything Has Been Done"

I Don't Think Homie Ment Straight Jack Letters, But If Doing Script Style Shit Is What Your Feeling And Want To Try It Then Do That Shit Rusky.... Isn't That How Graffiti Started?: One Head Started Hitting Then Another Saw It; Liked It; And Started Rocking...

But I Definitely Agree With The Dork: There Is A Way To Go About Things... You Shouldn't Just Jump Right In Cause The Pretty Colors Impress You... And A Good Hand Is Certainly The Foundation... A Shitty Hand Can Kill A Good Piece, Thats Why I Don't Usually Rock Hands Next To Pieces... HaHaHa...

Any Way:

But Does Anyone Have A Really Good Flick Of That Halloween Themed Learn From The Seasons In The Abyss Wall? That's Definitely My Favorite Joint By Dude Hands Down...

Ser and Septs season was Spring. Ser went with earth tones in his 3Ds and Sept went with Sky highlights in his 3Ds. The skulls and bones were by Ich. there was more detail to the fills of Ser and Sept, but they get kinda lost in this photo. That Ich is killer and that Ice is cool, hey wheres that awesome guy Eli?? would be awesome to see him get down on this years asylum.

damn that production was SO fresh... I remember seeing it right after it went up and grabbing a disposable camera with another future scribbler and hanging up the flicks on the wall of his moms basement. We would blaze after school and just stare at them joints, the learn and ich just blew my fucking mind.

Man, things were different, I don't know if they were necessarily better or worse, but they were certainly different. I mean, I was born and raised in Portland, and I was fortunate enough to start really studying and watching graffiti around 1994-95 (which puts me in that weird generation that has experienced the days of hoarding SOURCE magazines and copying everything out of Subway Art, as well as the emergence of Artcrimes and 12oz) and I used to BUG OUT whenever I'd be fortunate enough to find graffiti around here. I followed guys like Bern/Task, Learn, Lack, Rich etc, for about 6-8 years before I even met ANY of em. Not to discredit ANY of those guys as people (cause they are now my peoples, and great ones at that), but when I didn't know them, their graffiti was all I knew about their existence, and it was like this mysterious being that would just pop up and do exactly what you WISH you could do. The lack of information I had about these guys, the culture and the lifestyle is what made em like fucking superheroes to me man, and the way I'd feel when I'd see these guys do something new is a feeling that I hold near and continues to inspire me to this day.

Nowadays the amount of information you can get, and how fast you can get it, kind of takes all of that away. Not to say that there's no thrill in looking at shit online, but you can pretty much find a writer, everything theyve done, where theyve been, and probably their facebook page in a matter of minutes (from which you can kiss a lil ass and hang out with em in a week). This kinda takes away those experiences that I was talking about and makes the new generation of writers a whole lot different than the old. I feel like I'm in a weird spot with this, being where I fall within the graff generations and all, because I embrace the internet for the same reasons that I absolutely hate it (like being able to see everyones shit online, and being able to talk to whoever, whenever). But knowing how it was before all this really makes me treasure those experiences and the way the tradition was tought to me through older writers. As bad as I want to grab all the kids of the internet generation and shake their grills like the fat kid on billy madison and be like "nooooooo, you're doing it all wronggggg", I realized that nothing I do will stop the homogenization of style and permissive biting that the internet breeds. Instead I try to cherish the fact that I came up a different way, the old school way, and I will be able to keep the true tradition of this art alive through sharing my knowledge and experiences with the chosen few crew and peoples that deserve it.

Sorry for the novel, but the Seasons prodo took a muuuhfugga back man... Back to kicking down on 10 sacks with leftover lunch money and racking as much 99 cent candy my JNCO's could hold ahahahahha

thanks for leaking that major! now i wont be able to find cheap paint anymore. i was up there for the 4th of july i bought 25 white 25 black. all 50 worked. a few cans just stop working but i shook them up and switched out the cap and presto!. they have been sitting for a long time. they just need a real good shake. i have had more ironlak cans do that to me.

Archived