Don't Call it Frisco

RevoL

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

Size 52 Ben Davis on your size 32 waist, Derby of San Francisco (paisley liner, but made in Korea), Winos, Dogpatch Winos, Jaks, Concrete Jungle Skateshop, 40's on Malden alley, Motorhead at the I-Beam, SRL show(s) under the overpass(es) for free, Geso rooftops, Tom Mosh Heavens on the bay bridge, Donnie Rose (RIP), Harvey's on Fridays, G.G. Allin at the C.W., Run DMC W/ Beastie Boys, backstage at Guns -n- Roses first tour at Warfield. Walking the Embarcadero freeway for months at night after the earthquake. The gutted '64 Biscayne at Tire Beach, the sunken sailboat there, too. A million more drunken memories.

but nowadays.....

truc1gd9.jpg

truc2xf1.jpg

truc3kk1.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Size 52 Ben Davis on your size 32 waist, Derby of San Francisco (paisley liner, but made in Korea), Winos, Dogpatch Winos, Jaks, Concrete Jungle Skateshop, 40's on Malden alley, Motorhead at the I-Beam, SRL show(s) under the overpass(es) for free, Geso rooftops, Tom Mosh Heavens on the bay bridge, Donnie Rose (RIP), Harvey's on Fridays, G.G. Allin at the C.W., Run DMC W/ Beastie Boys, backstage at Guns -n- Roses first tour at Warfield. Walking the Embarcadero freeway for months at night after the earthquake. The gutted '64 Biscayne at Tire Beach, the sunken sailboat there, too. A million more drunken memories.

Walking the earthquake freeway! Do you remember the thousands of sperm painted along a section? I remember Concrete Jungle when it was Fogtown. The Beast boards. wooo! I bough my first real deck there, a Jeff Kendall, and chose it because it had a hand catching a tag. hahahahaha. Jaks beer can skate hockey at the DMV. Scooter rallies at the B of A across the street. Launch ramps in the park on sundays. The ramp down at shit creek. (I'm sorta fluctuating between '86 and '90 now)

but nowadays.....

truc1gd9.jpg

truc2xf1.jpg

truc3kk1.jpg

wow

speaking of the earthquake...I miss painting the pits downtown of market and mission in the day until about 98

oh and figuring out that the shit that came in shoe polish mops was worthless..I remember making that realization too...I remember being so confused thinking i got the wrong shit..haha

in those hong kong pics or where ever..is that color changing ink/paint that Adek used?...Like the car paint...thats pretty ill...or its just the flash..if thats the case..yeah.

yeah dude, i know who insect warfare and unholy grave is...kinda why i said i wanted to go. animosity catchy? maybe on shut it down when they were gay deathcore (and i havent heard the new one) but empires has like stoner rock and like mindless ridiculous solos on it for that exact purpose, plus they change time signatures/tempos every 3 seconds. youd know it wasnt "hardcore mixed with br00tal tech metal" if youd listened to it, but being the closed minded person you probably are, im guessing you saw all the lame ass kids with their shirts and wrote em off. i guess theres a few riffs on there that are mildly catchy, but for the most part, its pretty much relentless. i dont know how you could listen to that cd and not consider it metal - oh right, you'd have to not know what the fuck you were talking about.

also, pretty sure there're no "double bass solos" whatever the fuck that is, and if there were im pretty sure insect warfares entire set consists of one giant one, considering theyre grindcore, and they have double bass. about the irritating fluff...im guessing you mean "the really hard to understand confusing stuff" yeah, that makes it better.

dont get me wrong i love grind and thrashcore, powerviolence and hardcore (real hardcore...not gay trashtalk or hatebreed or whatever the fuck you think i like) but i also like stuff that a little more complicated.

ps, you eat shit, stop assuming things about people you dont even know, you fucking faggot.

personally, you exerted WAY too much effort typing all that but here goes: Animosity is a super popular breakdown "metal" band whos fans have the IQ of a dead cow and the band is a bunch of fashion nerds. They may draw influences from GOOD bands but that definately doesnt mean they themselves are anything worth GOING OUT AND SPENDING MONEY ON. I'm a judgemental person, especially with music, and animosity just doesnt do it for me. The sound is too crisp and if i wanted to listen to songs with titles longer than the amount of lyrics i'd go listen to Carcass, TCME...

and there's no need to keep reffering to genres as "..core". seriously, if you need to do that the music is fucking whack. i have friends that listen to Animosity, so i do get to hear them and its terrible, definately music for jocks.

and i do eat shit actually, for breakfast, but it's only good on an english muffin.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

theres a good show tommarow in SF, noisecore bands: +dog+ and K.P.

noon to 1 pm. breakfast is free!

personally, you exerted WAY too much effort typing all that but here goes: Animosity is a super popular breakdown "metal" band whos fans have the IQ of a dead cow and the band is a bunch of fashion nerds. They may draw influences from GOOD bands but that definately doesnt mean they themselves are anything worth GOING OUT AND SPENDING MONEY ON. I'm a judgemental person, especially with music, and animosity just doesnt do it for me. The sound is too crisp and if i wanted to listen to songs with titles longer than the amount of lyrics i'd go listen to Carcass, TCME...

and there's no need to keep reffering to genres as "..core". seriously, if you need to do that the music is fucking whack. i have friends that listen to Animosity, so i do get to hear them and its terrible, definately music for jocks.

and i do eat shit actually, for breakfast, but it's only good on an english muffin.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

theres a good show tommarow in SF, noisecore bands: +dog+ and K.P.

noon to 1 pm. breakfast is free!

youre right, that was a bit much, but i guess it just really pisses me off when people talk about things they obviously have no idea about.

animosity USED to be breakdown "metal" as you call it, its actually called "deathcore" and its lame as fuck and trendy. i guess its metal for jocks whatever the fuck that means, i just think its interesting. and the band are not a bunch of fashion nerds what the fuck are you talking about? youre making yourself sound like a hunge dumbass now, when i saw them live the singer had on a faded as fuck charles bronson tshirt (if you know who that is) and a flipped up urban waste trucker hat (if you know who that is) definately not fucking fashion nerdish to me.

haha and theyre sound is crisp, ill give you that. its not lo fi or anything, but its helllla funny that you said titles longer than the amount of lyrics because on empires the length of the titles is like one word for most of the songs. you really need to shut up because its coming apparent that you dont know what youre talking about.

and just because im calling genres what they really are, doesnt mean they suck. you obviously have no idea what thrashcore/powerviolence/real hardcore is or else youd understand what i mean by it. i guess i put too much effort in this, but its cause youre a huge dumbass and i like making people like you look stupid.

Re: Don't Call it Frisco

i guess i cant talk about animosity anymore than i have cuz you are right, i dont listen to them. im not saying your a bad person or anything for liking them, your a cool guy for liking the waste! anyway...i definately didnt mean for this to turn into a huge arguement...we both have our own, contrasting opinions. oh well maybe we can unite on love for ALL BETS OFF