perth city

MkaRats.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

one of CRONG's last productions. says CRONG AUTO.

him and friends had been painting lanes in melbourne for cafes and other people had seen these guys working. passersby kept saying "come do my place," they were collecting business cards and lining up more work.

The pics below are for a hotel in Prahran and in his usual fashion, CRONG did the outlines for the whole wall with no sketch. 9.5m x 3m. The owner's asked to see his concepts and he convinced them it'd be all good. 'a stained glass effect' he told them. He got paid and bulk free paint and the owners were stoked and even wanted the guys to do a courtyard wall and the streetfront wall on chapel street. i was lucky enough to drop by and have a drink and help them do some of the fill over the two days.

img1395gf.jpg

img1396bc.jpg

img1397me.jpg

img1398r.jpg

img1400y.jpg

img1401rm.jpg

....and here's what he got upto on his birthday last week. after drinking at a few pubs he wanted to go exploring. he took us to this spot he'd found, a rooftop in the cbd. like someone else mentioned, he always knew about spots first.

he took us to this, we jumped the barrier and climbed up 10 or so storeys of scaffolding with a beer in hand.

we sat for a while and regarded the view, drinking tallies and laughing together with our feet hanging over the edge. a storm came through. with thunder, and lightning and we though shit we have to get down. it was heavy rain so we went down a few floors but got thoroughly drenched. CRONG was laughing cause there were guards patrolling below, he spotted them first. we just hung out up there for a while before descending and running away.

img1429h.jpg

img1430a.jpg

img1433sa.jpg

he never liked having his photo taken so would always turn his head.

img1434hk.jpg

img1437df.jpg

img1440ii.jpg

i'll remember the good times! he's a champ!

Thank you for posting those photos and stories

Crong was a true king. He was endlessly original, painted walls, freights and panels and did it all for himself and his friends

He never gave a fuck about what anyone thought and he never had any beef or capped anyone

He originated the technique of painting rooftops of soon to be demolished buildings in perth leaving his piece to remain unbuffable and flying in the sky

Your flying with your pieces now man Rest In Peace

sodope.jpg

rip. thoughts go out to family and friends.

haha he said this one was really difficult to install because hammering it into the tree made so much noise! he thought someone was bound to hear and couldn't tell if there was anyone in the office of claremont station when he began...

Got this shit news the other day, I guess here is as good a place to vent as any. Like a lot of people said, he was always laughing and making others laugh. Sucks to say the last time I saw him wasn't so good but ah well, good times have been had and that's what I'll remember. Like walking to do panels and discussing what will be painted "I'll probably just do a blob of colours and dots... like I always do" followed by a good laugh. He always had a rad and original style and always did his own thing, with graffiti and life. Not a fan of society or it's opinions.

Rest in Peace Crong.

Oh and danm right about not liking photos. I have photos of fucking everybody but so far can't find any crong. A shame.