Toys post here...

swif1

dope shit vaunt other than the arrows i dig the B's.. been lookin for some ispiration on those cuz i been stuck with the same shit forever.. i dig the sketch overall. tweakin the middle part of the M wouldnt hurt but shits dope.. thanks.. i got you. post it soon.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

IMG_0970.jpg

I'm trying to stick to block letters for now, but I gave in to temptation. Kill self?

(sorry the picture is kind of blurry) I'll get a clearer one after i ruin it (if it's possible to get worse) with some kind of fill. Anything constructive other then go back to block letters?

I don't feel your extensions and where your arrows are placed and such. This looks like a bad attempt at a cool awesome piece, once you have bad letters you fail, don't fill it in. Crumple it up and throw it away or keep it to learn from your mistakes. Start simple with these letters!

alphabet.jpg

Let's do this in steps. This also goes for every toy starting out.

1.Do your name in that alphabet above. "DIABOLIC"

2.Once you got that put them closer together or make the letters overlap.

3a.For some old school train shiznits, change your letters angles so it can look like

ICH_closeup.jpg

3b.For some funk just bend up certain legs of your letters. Just keep experimenting with that until you get nice looking letters.

4.Add some 3D or a shadow, and a fill on your letters and blaow you got yourself a nice piece.

Keep experimenting with your letters, play with the corners of your legs if you'd like. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM?!?!?!

i think u have to look at ur letters my friend..

a person should be able to look at your piece and say okay that says diabolic

i say this because u cant really rad yours, u have to make sure that A looks like an A, and it doesnt with that little leg that comes down, giving it more of a y feel.. also ur b isnt very formed, u should try to round out the right side so that it looks a bit more formed, yoru O also looks like a U.. i wouldnt neccerally go back to block letters

but i would think about going much simpler.. just because u can do block letters well doesnt mean u can start doing extentions and connections and what not..

gotta start slow my man..

maybe try bending your simples and working on your letter size.. just be unique

i think u have to look at ur letters my friend..

a person should be able to look at your piece and say okay that says diabolic

i say this because u cant really rad yours, u have to make sure that A looks like an A, and it doesnt with that little leg that comes down, giving it more of a y feel.. also ur b isnt very formed, u should try to round out the right side so that it looks a bit more formed, yoru O also looks like a U.. i wouldnt neccerally go back to block letters

but i would think about going much simpler.. just because u can do block letters well doesnt mean u can start doing extentions and connections and what not..

gotta start slow my man..

maybe try bending your simples and working on your letter size.. just be unique

thanks again, I'm surprised at how helpful you guys have been so far. you're right though, my B is lame. I've yet to produce a b i like. As for the A, i'll take your advice and try and keep it simple for a while. As for my O, once again I understand where you're coming from as I try and look at it from a different perspective. Thanks a lot for the help.