Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ok, so im not actually kidding, im more toy than a jack-in-the-box made of playdo.

But what the hell, please note, ive been *blackbooking* for about, 30 minutes now. Very very very new to this scene.

However, i have read, alot, about how to start off.

So here it is, uber fucking simple, no wildstyle, sadly ONE arrow.

Appoligies for the picture. It was taken using an eyetoy camera hooked up to a PC.

zhaxunediteddn8.jpg

And my view of it:

zhaxeditedtz6.jpg

Please note: If any legend/other member on this forum uses the name 'Zhax' then ill be happy to change. But some googling and a member search earthed up nothing, so i hope im safe.

Please note2: Zhax also isnt a name with me thinking that I can 'hack the gibson!1!11!oneshift'

^^Nerd Reference

Please note3: *Blackbooking* is how i refer to attempting to sketch my name, but failing, because, honestly, it isnt even drawing.

Crits?

^^Other then the obvious.

Also accepting any advice as im very new to this scene.

zhax --beef up your letters and don't work with 3D until you've got letter structure down. you want some consistency in your letters, unless you're working with some serious funk. get rid of that arrow as well, it's corny. for now, i'd recommend just doing straight letters, and try to keep them all the same size and style. also, work with pencil so you can erase.

Random tip that i find is very helpful for beginners tired of simples and needing to getbetter letter structure to work with- as opposed to using keyboard letter as the base for you letters structure, use tag letters u can download sum decent fonts for free if u look hard enuff. This is because the letter structure actually used in most graffiti is not the genereic stype and stems off of the persons own handwriting. Just find the letter and draw it bigger in outline form then you will start to see how some of the sickest artist come up with their letter styles and maybe form your own. eventually. peace.

fouldini to get consistency i would just draw the letters like they are on your keyboard in caps, no overlapping, no 3d, no extra shit, just draw those, same height width etc, after a good 5 - 10 then try adding 3d to them, id recommend saving the good ones you do from those 5-10 times and putting the 3d on it, to save time, then once you use those up start over without looking at the letters and make it consistent, post up that pic to see the improvement

.So, I just woke up from a VERY fucked up dream, In the dream I woke up from a nap and was drugged out of my mind, had blue paint on my hands and arms, sandles gone, my hoodie was missing and my shirt was different from the one i started with, my shirt was torn, and i was wandering my town just grinning with absolutely no depth perception and people calling my name, the world was just one big slanted hilll and i was trying to make my way down a maze of stairs down the hill and back up before the cops came...scared me enough to wake me up. So. ill post a simple from class today

and 2 latest canvas's

IMG_1759.jpg.26a2e113f9c91949c4cbaa1e95ec0e17.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg.961dea13fee558320bbe9d11539ee247.jpg

zhax --definitely just start out with simple block letters. if you're bored with that, look for the inspiration that is all around you. look at the fonts that companies use on their labels. for instance, look at burger king, dunkin donuts, sunoco, tylenol, etc. look at the structure of their letters. some round at the edges, some slant, some connect without connectors. most are simple though, because the consumer needs to be able to read it. look at the candy rack at your local store. check out all the different styles on gum packaging. constantly look at everything around you, and you will eventually grasp some form of inspiration that could help you develop a style.

Best advice i can give to Zhax, is get in touch with some local writers who are sound and trustworthy. In my experience, that - and knowing to start off by drawing simple letters using simple bars, and gradually warping their shape and appearance, is the best way to guarantee your improvement. Post your progress up on here once in a while to get some confidence boosts, and some good varied opinions that you can use to further develop your style.

One thing though, is apart from those basics - no advice is a surefire way to get better. It all depends on your adaptation to different methods; whether it's being told what to improve, whether it's being shown how to improve, or whether it's realising where to improve.

CrystalMethod ur fuckin crazy...dont trip...i was layin in my bed one time and

i knew i was awake...but i couldnt move at all...craziest shit i ever experienced...

not really...i shuld post sumthin...all the sketches i do at school i throw away

cuz i dont feel like carryin them and the po-yos always bug me...i mite have

sum up later...k baiye!