Toys post here...

swif1

anybody got anvice for on bands

WEN--this was your first post? a little lesson for you. this is the toy thread. it's for people who aren't 100% confident in their shit to post and get crits. there are different kinds of threads on this forum. go to the main page and find the one for "random shit." go in there and either start your own "music" thread --or find one that someone else started.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

SUPACOLA --you asked for some posts from me. well, i haven't really been all that productive in the past couple weeks. the last shit i worked on was some DUPE stickers, and i've already posted what those look like. so i figured i'd post some old shit. but first a little background --i'm the oldest fucking toy in here. admitting that shit, well it ain't easy. i didn't pick up a can until two years ago, and i don't even have enough time on them to talk shit or anything. i've been following graff for a long time though. i first got into it in 90, when the crew i skated with started tagging. then i started to try and do shit in my sketch pads. so today i called in sick, and thought i'd throw down a little progression of my shit. i see a ton of kids starting out on here, so i figured i'd throw some of my early shit up as well. now i'm not trying to say i have anything on anyone on here --just thought i'd show a little retrospect.

all of these below are from 91-93:

first off, when i did these --i wasn't even online. graff wasn't even online. so i had no clue CHINO in new york was killing it. i just grabbed that word and went with it.

chino91-2.jpg

chino91-3.jpg

chino91-1.jpg

noize-93.jpg

in the early 90's, there was this scene for feminist nazi bitches. they called themselves "riot girls." they like flannel, combat boots, and shitty fucking music. so i did some "riot boys."

riotboys-93.jpg

this was probably from 95.

character94.jpg

i'll start a new post for the next group of years.

i hope youre not writing chino

hey VILE --i hope you know how to read past a third grade level. did you even see what i wrote before those images? open your eyes stevie wonder, i already stated my ignorance on CHINO's shit. i did those fucking things before i even got my first magazine (issue 1 of 12oz prophet). so learn how to read dude, before you start calling people's cards. and don't take this shit as serious, i'm just fucking with you.

simples dont look stupid, just your simples do. keep practicing.

you cant rock anything if u cant even rock a decent simple.

it takes time for some, this isnt a fucking videogame, you cant just pick it up

and suddenly be so great at it, it takes dedication and practice.

Simples do not look stupid:

http://www.lay-lo.com/graff/h-l/lyes_009.jpg

http://www.lay-lo.com/graff/d-g/gsouth_016.jpg

http://graffmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/Cope2%202line%201997.jpg

http://graffmuseum.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/03/z-web41.JPG

http://www.graffiti.org/dondi/arttraindetjp.jpg

I could post tons more but let those serve as examples for how hard simples can burn.

YOU HAVE TO START SIMPLE TO PROGRESS.

Just like you have to learn how to crawl, then walk, then run before you can run marathons.

Real writers don't have to burn with wildstyles. I've seen simple shit from COPE2 that easily burns other cats' wildstyles.

WEASE --your simples are coming along good for someone who is just starting out. just keep at it. with the first one, you need to do something with that S --i'm not really feeling how it's overlapping the A.

and listen to what these heads above are saying --SIMPLES AREN'T STUPID. a clean simple blows me away every time i see one. i know bombers who hit highways, and they just throw simples up in outline format. i wouldn't say that shit is dumb, because it's high pressure, and fucking clean.

keep doing simples!

as for those other ones, i know that S is stupid, that's why i did the one after it... i tried to see if it would look better without the outline. meh, it looked better, but still not good.

the S in this one is whack too... but i fucked it up with ink before i realized just how retarded it was.

40Wease.jpg

41Wease.jpg

thanks for the advice cola.

uhhh i kind of ran out of room on the paper so i just changed the SE to a Z [which i've been thinking about doing for a while anyway... just to see how it looks and shorten it up a bit] just pencil. i figure that if i post before ink then i can take everyones' advice then go back and change shit.

42WeasePencil.jpg