Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
WACK go simple

no colour at this time

just biro outlines for simples id suggest

this will apply to most not made by me but still useful to everybody here

connectors.jpg

and this

start letters as simple as this

saem.jpg

well said!!!!

i'm gonna agree there freak, the second one looks by far the best. the red biro freak looks sick, you're just missing some shadow on the left side of the r and k..

some new stuff, got some new paint markers in the post (art ones) so i was trying them out on a piece of cardboard:

chrome burners? :rolleyes:

vose1.jpg

vose2.jpg

and on the other side.. i think i do it better when i do it bigger.

vose3.jpg

tell me what you think.

i'm gonna agree there freak, the second one looks by far the best. the red biro freak looks sick, you're just missing some shadow on the left side of the r and k..

some new stuff, got some new paint markers in the post (art ones) so i was trying them out on a piece of cardboard:

chrome burners? :rolleyes:

vose1.jpg

vose2.jpg

and on the other side.. i think i do it better when i do it bigger.

vose3.jpg

tell me what you think.

top one u can see all the letters better

i like it alot carry on doing what u doin man

i like the second one on this page smak' date='it looks like you are getting better[/quote']

dont give him the bullshit yeah ur getting better

he will start adding bullshit straight away then and fucking it all up

he needs to start simple yo

so dont tell him lies

ye vose i agree i said somewherew else i think... i like em alot just keep going. keep sketchin! its gd so far!

arite not graff but there will be above it later..

this is for a card im making... not sure if i like this or not... i need some advice. do u lot rekon its worth continuing or shud i start again?

obv theres gonna b other stuff bt this is the main bit lol

palmtree.jpg

any thoughts?

^

Always as a rule of thumb, never vary your letter thickness to the point where it doesn't look right, always keep it relativley the same. For example, if one leg of your A is a certain thickness, keep the other leg the same so it matches and looks right.

Another thing, don't worry too much about your characters right now, just practice making your simple letters look good. Once you can draw your simples decent, throw a little kick in em.

Keep postin pics.

^^^

All i'd say is the E is covered too much by the B and i think you've added too many things to the C. The other letters are pretty simple so keep em all like that.

The colouring is a bit crazy but it's always good to try things different and experiment!!

Safe man, lets see more.

just as a general idea, how long does it take you guys to get a good production/sketch, i mean, i'll sit down and i'll start sketching and i'll put out some bad letters, and erase them, and after about 5-15 minutes i'll get a nice letter and it'll just click and all the letters i draw after that are good...how long does it take you to come up with your first good letter for a sketch and how long does it take you to finish?

also, should i be able to just spit out good letters right away, or is what i explained normal?

haha glad you asked that. Im right there with you man, it usually takes me 10-15mins to throw down a good first couple letters. Im sure it gets easier as you get more experienced and better at writing. Takes me probably 30mins to 45mins to do a sketch and color it. Normal to my knowledge.