Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by The Insider+Jan 8 2006, 12:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Insider - Jan 8 2006, 12:15 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-d3faultu53r@Jan 7 2006, 08:36 PM

81673763_012df2524a.jpg

it says casey jus to let you all know i think this one flows alot better than the previous so thought id post it

yeah dude it flows alot better than your other one, i really like the coloring also. nice work.

[/b]

yea man, good improvement...i like what you keep doing with the interior of the letters...good stuff.

melo : i like the dark green one...you're just missing some pink on the M but im sure you noticed that..Not really feeling the characters behind the second one..but youve got good skills/shows potential.

pecs: everything looks pretty good...BUT....i wouldve gone without the echoing lines on the block one, and another E (maybe rounder?)would have made the red and white one a bit better...in myyyy opinion.

hope this helps

Melo, cool stuff i like the dark green one as well, the one i also like is the one with the 3 characters, but i really dont think the M flows well at all, it looks quite sickly

Pecs your stuff is coming along nice i think it is getting better, i think that if you can get yourself a catchy first letter then your pieces will develop more

Also i would like to thank everyone here for saying things like "simpler" i just didnt want to hear it for a while but the other day i was like fuck it so i started doing simples, and let me tell you i think i aready have improved, it is very important to have basic letter structure down, i will post some of these simples later to see if what i think is correct

Late

Here are those simples i was working on, i think the bottom one is much better than the top, but i hate the colors, i was just treying to play with alot of colors at least i know now not to use these combos

PICT0002.jpg

anyway tell me what you think

Oh also any suggestions on the E's?? i really feel like they ruin it all, i kind of hit the wall with them and they kind of feel out of place

groove champion i agree with you, the second one is much better, the fill looks nice. i'd work on the v's the could be mistaken for a J or O. and for the E - if you're not happy with it, try a capital E, see where that takes you

in this stage of the game, its necessary to experiment to find your own style and what you're comfortable in

ps - thanks for the crits guys, greatly appreciated

Originally posted by GrooveChampion@Jan 9 2006, 10:14 PM

yeah i tried to put something on the bottom of the V, i have been struggling with V's simply because there are only so many ways that you can write one, but the more i draw it the more i see diff ways.

thanks for the crits

there are endless possabilities, don't limit yourself

vare-like others have said keep your 'bars' all the same width, or atleast similar.keep it more simple, i know it sounds lame or whatever but thats what im doing for the most part. its not as easy as you think, and it definetly helps in the long run and now, especialy for letter stucture.

keep at it and use advise

Ok was feeling inspired today, so i did this, i think it is the best ive done yet, still might move some lines around here and there especially on the E, but overall i think it is a pretty solid composition and will probably keep it looking very similar to this

BBB.jpg

I know i need at arrow on the E or something similar to tie it all together, im not quite happy with where it is now and i think it should be facing inward to the left

enokeem Posted Today, 04:01 PM

that blue and aqua one looks pretty good.

yeah i agree i think that is your best one, i would laos suggest certain things like on your E's to me it is not pleasing to look at the middle bar of the E come out past the other two, i think when you write your stuff and the lines are closer together it looks better

aight i'm getting into stickers lately. i have a blackbook that i have been workin in for about a year, just never really go into anything on the streets (prolly been too busy or something). So just tell me what you guys think about this, my character (blanko). You get diss me all you want I just need some honest feeback. Thats all done buy sharpies, but once i find myself some money I'm getitng some decos.

Dscn1327.jpg.29b823f361deb6810a23aaa52945fc46.jpg

This blanko guy looks like a thing done by alot more famous writer named random (he does teh character "Buff monster" which is what yours resembles) but i do like the simplicity of it, perhaps give him more emotion, i think that something is still missing, to me it feels like it is missing something that will really make it your own

Originally posted by GrooveChampion@Jan 10 2006, 07:25 PM

This blanko guy looks like a thing done by alot more famous writer named random (he does teh character "Buff monster" which is what yours resembles) but i do like the simplicity of it, perhaps give him more emotion, i think that something is still missing, to me it feels like it is missing something that will really make it your own

Yeah I was thinking, and I've seen buff monster I do realize does look kinda the same.

I do need to add something to it, just don't know yet. suggestions would be awesome.

to all the people whos posting take your time all the work has been looking forced,

vare- drop the color for now grab a black bic pen and go to work

b. australia work on spacing

melo-step back look at it and take off all thos extension

slut r us-spacing needs work also