Toys post here...

swif1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i know man that's why i'm in toy section. got any tips on improving?

listen to them n start practicing ur str8 letters so u get the flow thing down n work from there.

i suggest when u get bored just go str8 from the heart every few pages but keep those to urself otherwise these people r gona rip up ur ego

So, I finally caved and did a few simples, and I have to say thank you to those of you who kept pushing me to do them; I like this one. I know it's toy, and it's a simple, and it's a sloppy quick draw, but I like it; shows me that I might know a little bit, lol.

0418000606.jpg

It would be the wrong angle if it came off of those spots.

no, it should be there. To get drop shadows down well, do your outline in DARK ink (only the outline, no 3d). Trace it onto another sheet, then slide the top sheet slightly to one side, and trace where the outline is sticking out. This will give you exactly how the shadow is supposed to look, and eventually you will understand the concept well enough that it will be second nature (if you don't quit like most toys do)

*edit - good job on the simple. Keep doin them until you are told otherwise (never stop doing simples)

The shadow on the R and K should be there, but their should be more shadow. You need to put about a 1/4 of the shadow you use on the other edges on that second edge of the R and K. Right now that shadow is off, you dont need much. But their should be a sliver of shadow on those second legs.

100_0125.jpg

Edit: Picture.Example:ballcap:

the differentce between 3d and shadow is 3d is an extension casted of ur letter, where as shadow is the same letters structure just casted away from ur light source.

What i do for shadowing is imagine the letter again just moved slightly, say ur shadowing to the bottom right, however thick ur shadow is start from the top of the letter and begin shadowing that far down. begin the shadowing with the same structure and bend that the original letter has.

ur shadow should follow the same lines as ur first letter varrying thickness in its bends

on n when u get to the bottom, same thing go down from ur original letter the same thickness.

sorry if thats rambling, hope it helps but my gf sitting behind me is tryin to have a conversation.

sorry if thats rambling, hope it helps but my gf sitting behind me is tryin to have a conversation.

haha we've all been there my friend - good luck keeping alert.

and thanks that does help - the O is such an awkward letter to shadow and 3D but this helped

does anybody have any tips on shadowing O's? it seems like the hardest thing to me.

no, it should be there. To get drop shadows down well, do your outline in DARK ink (only the outline, no 3d). Trace it onto another sheet, then slide the top sheet slightly to one side, and trace where the outline is sticking out. This will give you exactly how the shadow is supposed to look, and eventually you will understand the concept well enough that it will be second nature (if you don't quit like most toys do)

*edit - good job on the simple. Keep doin them until you are told otherwise (never stop doing simples)

...last page... read before you ask questions please, all of the basics are covered again every 5/10 pages or so. We could save a lot of time if people would do some of their own research.

• Like 1