sarcasm

Now, i know a lot of you people on this board are into fashion. despite

the grunge look some kids go for, i like to look fresh and clean- as

well as my clothes. i take pride into what i put on in the morning/after-

noon/night- and i want to keep the stuff i put my money into, in tip

top conditon. so i ask you 12oz"swank"kids - how do you take care of

your clothes? are you ballin out of control and send all your laundry to

the dry cleaners every week? do you just wash and tumble? anywho

just list out methods you guys found works to keeping your shit clean.

(ie detergents, keeping white shirts actually white, washing your hats, etc)

edit: i'll start throwing in my methods, once people start replying...

i'm in class right now, so i'll wait a few minutes and learn some-

thing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

heres a strange ways you can keep your jeans from fading

you can pour vinegar in the wash to set the dye. to scared

to try it tho.

jackets/wovens and knits all go to the dry cleaner, including

the polos and burberry joints, they just shrink to much in

the regular laundry.

i use baby wipes for my kicks. i swear by these things. you

can even use them on your tims and it wont take off the suade

look and feel. either that or you can take tims to a shoe repair

shop and they'll shampoo them for you.

also mr. clean just came out with some weird shit to clean knicks

and marks off walls (like crayons) and scuffs off floors. this

shit will clean the fuck out ya kicks. all you have to do is wet it.

thats all i know peace.

Knits are washed cold, gentle cycle. Like colors and fabrics, and later placed flat to dry.

Good denim on the other hand is very rarely washed. When it is, I usually use a mild baby detergent and handwash in the bathtub with cold water. I'll then gently ring it as to not squeeze too much of the pigment with the water. Generally I won't do this more than 2 - 3 times a year, but then again I dont wear good denim when on an average day of hanging out and getting sweaty.

cold wash for button ups followed by tumble drying and prompt removal. tshirts and polos are hung up to dry and every thing else goes to the cleaners as needed. fyi....be careful who you trust with your clothes....ive encountered everything from chemical smells in clothes that have not been properly washed (repeated washing did nothing...these things had to go in the trash) to numerous shattered buttons on shirts. ive had the best results with places that utilize oxygen cleaning as opposed to chemicals and honestly these are the only places i would go these days.

on the topic of shoes i wear reebok classics so cleaning them pretty much involves shelling out thirty bucks and tossing the old pair in the trash....i swear to god, reebok had better never stop making these shoes.

alright since i started this thread, i'll just add my 2 cents (its always nice

when your clothes don't get fucked up):

okay so, i'm not rich or anything, and can't spend the 100 bucks a week to load all of my clothing to the dry cleaners, so i do what i can at home to

keep my shit looking nice.

i used to always just wash my shirts, buttom ups, hoodies, jeans, shorts, etc all in one load, and then pop em into the dryer. this obviously caused major shrinkage and fadage to my clothes. so i started to just cold wash all my clothes, and hanging them up to dry. this worked to stop the shrinkage, but the fadage was still an issue. so talking about this to my girlfriend, she gives me the low down on laundry (comming froma girl that seems like all her clothes are always new, and just bought). detergents by itself will causes the shrinkage and fadage alone, nonetheless the additional heat blasting of a dryer. so she tells me to get this:

woolite.gif

it's called woolite and it works wonders. its a really mild detergent that promises to never shrink nor fade your clothes. there are instructions on the back of the bottle, in which it pretty much says wash in cold water, on the gentle cycle, and hang dry (or hand wash in the sink). so, having bought some new clothes, i tried woolite on the new threads in hopes of to break the curse of vintage looking clothes. so i try, and do what the instructions say, and HEY, it works. you know the feeling of a new t-shirt? its all soft and thin? yeah, it actually stayed that way.... amazing, i found this pretty damn cool b/c 100% of the time i did my laundry before, my shirts felt all rough and "not new." (you know what im sayin)

anyway, to keep your shit looking new and clean, use woolite. they even have a special detergent made esp. for black clothing. you can use this stuff on hats, to your $500 dollar silk underwear.... it'll keep them lookin and feelin fresh.

it is kind of expensive, but imo, it's worth the extra couple dollars.

for shoes: dont' wear your "good" shoes while roughin around like your 10 years old, playing kickball in the school yard. whipe when necessary..... and for white shoes, actually get some kiwi mop, and acutally use it for what it was made for.... polishing up your kicks....

more later

Pretty much everything gets washed with woolite on gentle cycle in cold water except for black things (woolite for dark colors), and whites [socks, underwear, and t shirts only- button downs get woolite] (detergent and downy clean breeze).

I iron all my button shirts and occasionally starch the front and the collar, with special attention paid to the cuffs.

My shoes don't get cleaned because they're all black, but I do shine my boots and white loafers.

i remember the days of ironing 4 pairs of laces every morning before school. Gotta stay right all day. the mid-morning change up, the fresh for lunch look, after Gym hook-up, and finally the the last class before the bus ride switch-a-roo.

*** a white tee is a white Tee ONCE after that its just an undershirt.

Pretty much everything gets washed with woolite on gentle cycle in cold water except for black things (woolite for dark colors), and whites [socks, underwear, and t shirts only- button downs get woolite] (detergent and downy clean breeze).

I iron all my button shirts and occasionally starch the front and the collar, with special attention paid to the cuffs.

....yeea i missed this one,but he knows whats up

damn right i look after my shit, i like my threads and i cant afford to drop crazy money all the time

cool wash

inside out

no cheap ass powders with bleach

no softerners

and keep the fuck away from dryers

handwash if nesecary (not much)

Originally posted by OsCaR306@Oct 17 2004, 08:31 AM

how do you guys wash your hats..i have a few that are dirty but im scared to wash them because i dont know how and dont want them to lose their shape whatsoever..they are all fitted new era mlb..any advice much appreaciated.

i heard that you can buy one of those hat frames to put around your hat

and then u wash it on the top row of your washer.... i haven't tried it b/c it

sounds shady...but if you wanna try it, and report back to us, it'll help a

good # of us...

ps: these are he hat frames i'm talkinga bout:

left_sm.jpg

right_sm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

just buy new ones!

I'm slowly starting to clean up my act.

for some reason I've hit a bit of a 'clothing slump'

where I just dont care that much. I usually just rock

a nice pair of jeans or khakis with a plain shirt. simple.

however... I havent picked up any new girls lately,

so unless I want to apologise to some ex-girlfriend,

I'ma gonna have to break out the iron and clean up

my act. truth be told.....

polariod_dry_cleaners.jpg

• 1 month later...

so i did some online research on cleaning suede, and it said to

try to clean suede with a dry towel and try a eraser. it then said

if you wanted to clean it further, try white vinegar... so i tried the

eraser, and the dry towel, but im skeptical to use the white vinegar.

has anybody tried this before?