Plant Trees

Gunm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by kept1

Seriously though Re: Back and forth on Stak. The New Yorkers got a point. There is no comparison between the raw funk Stak busts and Tree's 'characters'.

Graffiti is letters, it is writing.

So they clowned y'all, whatevs. Tree is up and they haven't seen it. Stak is multi-decade spanning NY style master and you haven't seen it.

Internet!

For real, i'm over it.

Originally posted by frijoles

I think anyone with beef about LENS should take it to the thread he created about the Plant Trees guy. This thread doesn't deserve to be killed by this horse shit.

It’s simple.

LENS put out his opinion. Later, he stated that someone doesn’t need to know a bunch of history to be a graffiti writer.

I’ll agree. A football player with natural talent and know how of the game doesn’t necessarily need to know who Bart Starr is or what he did.

*BUT, it's common sense knowing that any good football player is good because he LOVES football, and most likely is down for learning about the culture and history of the game.

Originally posted by frijoles

Are you a graffiti critic or a graffiti writer? I'll bet you resemble Roger Ebert more than any writer.

But to be a critic, like LENS is trying to be, you NEED to at least TRY to know and APPRECIATE facts and history. Roger Ebert didn’t just become some well-known movie critic by watching the Look Who’s Talking series and that's it. Roger Ebert knows what makes a good movie, and what doesn’t by studying the great flicks. And, by that standard, Martin Scorcese is a student of film, as well. That’s why he directs such great movies. You can’t tell the difference between what’s good and what’s bad, so you try and hide your ignorance by saying that you like things that’s “fresh and innovative”. Would pliers to your teeth be “fresh and innovative” because it’s never been done to you before? Face it, it’s a stupid argument.

LENS, coming into the STAK thread like you did, being a critic, then saying that you don’t need to be familiar with TFP is quite stupid, in my opinion. Honestly, you’re not even a critic, let alone a writer.

Writing graffiti isn’t the romance in the air as your asian girlfriend takes a black and white shot of you. Writing graffiti is writing letters on things where people will see – strictly. No amount of references to pop culture or art school textbooks will change that. It’s people like you who fuck up this shit by trying to make “art” out of letters, then trying to get people to pay for them. Not that there’s anything detrimental, really, about that, as graffiti is too powerful, but jocking a Joker canvas to no end, but not realizing that some dude risking his ass painting nice, flowing letters on a wall is the shit, that’s what keeps you from being a real writer, in my opinion. (sorry for the long ass run-on)

Also, that dude pulled your card by quoting you in the first page of the STAK TFP thread. Lots of people have made good points to you, so I think you really should reconsider why you do graffiti. The sooner you do, the sooner you’ll quit, and maybe save yourself from getting charged one day.

As you can see, poker night fell through, and I’m bored as sin.

Originally posted by Weapon X

LENS, coming into the STAK thread like you did, being a critic, then saying that you don’t need to be familiar with TFP is quite stupid, in my opinion. Honestly, you’re not even a critic, let alone a writer.

so we are agreed..he's a gormless erection.

and this trees SHIT is only one step above stencil art...

and we all know how we feel about that...right kids.

Originally posted by ZedIsAlive

first of all bob ross is like the only tree dude...there is not room for two.

haha..thats the smartest amd funniest comment ive seen on this page!

S.W.E.D. (smoke weed every day)..

heres my opinion..even if u dont like plant trees' style, he should still be appreciated for bringing somerthing different to graf...which i think by the way is more than words and letters..becuz it can also include faces and characters..plus the dude gets up. but also cmon ppl..its fuckin WEEEED!

Originally posted by Weapon X

Also, that dude pulled your card by quoting you in the first page of the STAK TFP thread. Lots of people have made good points to you, so I think you really should reconsider why you do graffiti. The sooner you do, the sooner you’ll quit, and maybe save yourself from getting charged one day.

Weapon X, i hear where you're coming from but no need for personal attacks.

Great job on not thinking for yourselves.

Archived