Plant Trees

Gunm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE : LENS COMMENTS

Who the hell are you?! What the hell do YOU do that is so fuckin' incredible and innovative?! Who the hell are you to judge anyone?! You sure come off like a close minded, facist snob. All your thread hi-jacking nonsense is getting real tired. Put up or shut up.

Here's a little nugget for you LENS:

It's a big fucking world ,

There is plenty of room in it for all kinds and all types.

Now get your head out of your ass and go do something, (rather than passing judgement on those that can accomplish things),.

Are you a graffiti critic or a graffiti writer? I'll bet you resemble Roger Ebert more than any writer.

Re: RE : LENS COMMENTS

Originally posted by frijoles

Who the hell are you?! What the hell do YOU do that is so fuckin' incredible and innovative?! Who the hell are you to judge anyone?! You sure come off like a close minded, facist snob. All your thread hi-jacking nonsense is getting real tired. Put up or shut up.

Here's a little nugget for you LENS:

It's a big fucking world ,

There is plenty of room in it for all kinds and all types.

Now get your head out of your ass and go do something, (rather than passing judgement on those that can accomplish things),.

Are you a graffiti critic or a graffiti writer? I'll bet you resemble Roger Ebert more than any writer.

hahahaha you sound like such a little pussy. do some strangers comments on the internet bother you that much? god damn, just shut the fuck up.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

"hahahaha you sound like such a little pussy."

Brilliant thought. Very insightful, ( for someone with a severe learning disability maybe),.

"do some strangers comments on the internet bother you that much? "

No. Just some comments from fuck-tards like yourself and your pal LENS.

"god damn, just shut the fuck up."

Wow, the irony in you telling me to shut the fuck up for telling someone else too shut the fuck up is too huge to even be missed by an ignoramus like yourself than isn't it?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

"hahahaha you sound like such a little pussy."

Brilliant thought. Very insightful, ( for someone with a severe learning disability maybe),.

"do some strangers comments on the internet bother you that much? "

No. Just some comments from fuck-tards like yourself and your pal LENS.

"god damn, just shut the fuck up."

Wow, the irony in you telling me to shut the fuck up for telling someone else too shut the fuck up is too huge to even be missed by an ignoramus like yourself than isn't it?

the internet must be your worst enemy...

Goddamnit....I knew this was gonna happen...

Frijoles....

I am someone important so there. If you're so pissed off by what I have to say, put me on your ignore list but I'm not gonna stop honest criticism on account of you. Simple as that.

LENS said:

"Goddamnit....I knew this was gonna happen... "

Then why say goddamnit, it was inevitable. Right?

he also briliantly stated :

"I am someone important so there."

I hope he was kidding. But, i guess if HE says so , he must be. Right? ,( bearing in mind "important" is a VERY subjective word as is "talent". )

"If you're so pissed off by what I have to say, put me on your ignore list but I'm not gonna stop honest criticism on account of you. Simple as that."

Let's put your faith in honest criticism to test here LENS. How about you DON'T put me in your ignore list and allow me to criticise all of your critique? Something tells me your not that commited to your own premise. C'mon what do you have to lose.

PS. I do think I smell a art schoolishness in you, ( that's fine and dandy), but critique is like sooooooooo art school homie.

[bBrilliant thought. Very insightful, ( for someone with a severe learning disability maybe),.[/b]

When I read this, I (for no particular reason) thought that it sounded like something the talking monkey from Futurama would say. You know what episode I'm talking about? The one where they all go to Mars University.

first of all bob ross is like the only tree dude...there is not room for two.

secondly this concept is not at all original. (getting up with icons or logos or something other than words and letters) to a degree this is about as unoriginal as all of the people who were influenced by writers like stak. trust that i am not argueing with anyone, just making an observation and giving my opinion. but homie can paint a good tree and he gets up with it...i cant hate on that.

lastly i like trees too. im glad someone is in their defense...they certianly dont get enough love from the human race.

LENS said :

No, that's not how it is. I don't care about who you know or whether you stayed up all night researching this shit just so you could clown other people for not knowing what's what. Judging a writer based on their knowledge of the graffiti panthenon? I wasn't aware to be considered a writer you had to pass a written test. Would you consider a bad ass writer from the cutties to be less of a writer just because he didn't know who STAK is? You probably would you little donkey.

You know what...STAK may have invented said letterforms but guess what...he DOES NOT do a thing for me. I think that shit is boring. too bad if my point of view is not on par with yours. You think Plant Trees is wack? Good for you, i'm proud you can think for yourself.

Ahh, another chance to critique LENS, I love it.

I've known quite alot of guys like you. AND THEY ALL WENT TO ART SCHOOL. For clarities sake I am not saying that everyone that goes to art school and writes sucks by any means. The whole idea of "critiques" is bullshit. Why does it matter what others think of your personal artwork? I believe that "critiques" exsist for a coupla reasons; mainly though I believe they exsist in order to force the "artist" to learn how to defend themselves and foremost how to "justify and explain" the meaning behind thier expressions. Well that may be fine and dandy for the gallery crowd but this is graffiti. And dumb fucks like LENS should stick with thier bullshit scenes.

As far as you not knowing who Stak was and saying you shouldn't have to or that one doesn't qualify as writer if they don't :

Well seeing how your an art school type tell me this LENS , what would you think of any pop artist who hadn't heard of Warhol and dissed him to boot? Or any cartoonist who had no idea who Windsor McKay was and why he was s important to the artform?

My guess is, thier contributions to the craft would be as shallow and insignificant as the comments they make. You know LENS...... like you.

ps.

LENS ....Please point out where I said I didn't like plant trees. Ill save you the effort; I never said I did or didn't.

Originally posted by ZedIsAlive

first of all bob ross is like the only tree dude...there is not room for two.

secondly this concept is not at all original. (getting up with icons or logos or something other than words and letters) to a degree this is about as unoriginal as all of the people who were influenced by writers like stak. trust that i am not argueing with anyone, just making an observation and giving my opinion. but homie can paint a good tree and he gets up with it...i cant hate on that.

lastly i like trees too. im glad someone is in their defense...they certianly dont get enough love from the human race.

zed is my hero..haha

that killroy dood was dope too..someone should start a thread

http://www.atterburybakalarairmuseum.org/Kilroy.jpg'>

Well seeing how your an art school type tell me this LENS , what would you think of any pop artist who hadn't heard of Warhol and dissed him to boot? Or any cartoonist who had no idea who Windsor McKay was and why he was s important to the artform?

Too be fare though, I think it better if someone who doesn't know who Warhol is would see his stuff and be honest with their opinion. I hate it when people like artists or whatever just because they are the artists that you are "supposed" to like if you are in to that scene. Same goes for graff. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And by the way...Warhol is awesome.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I just don't think that any serious "pop artist" should not know who Warhol was , wether they like him or not.

That would be like saying.....

I like rock music and I've never heard of the Beatles, ( wether you like them or not),.

This is not about honest opinions, it's about informed ones.

the case with warhol though, was he was an original...an innovator...taking everyday items and presenting them as art...

someone who isn't educated might not like warhol's work (an ignorant fool might say "wow..campells soup cans and multicolor prints of elvis presley..i can do that in photoshop") because they don't understand the significant impact the work had in sparking this "pop art" movement..sometimes the story behind the work is just as important as the work itself...

and being a writer who went to art school (not an art school student turned writer :D ), i was never told that i had to like warhol...but i had to learn about the impact and the spark the guy set off...personally i think warhol had a good eye and good ideas but i'm not a fan of "pop art" in general..now the bauhaus and max bill...that's a different story...

^^^^^^^^^

thank you for the consice summary of what I had been trying to get across. This point seems to be lost on LENS.

The point is since you don't know what you are talking about no one wants to be subjected to your powerfully weak, ignorant comments. And the only reason I and others are going thru such lenghts to illuminate the holes in your approach is to set the record straight and to shed some light on those who might be coming up so that they may understand and go forth and create work that is meaningful to the movement.

^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah. I sound real stupid. You sound real smart.

Chuck Taylor said:

Yo, fresh,word up, fams that comment I made was the hottness!!! Check it! Dat piece was banging g. Peace, I'm unna be audi now. Word.

NO one ever said you have to know who WHarhol is to enjoy art or to qualify as educated, you are the dumb ass sir. Did you even think b4 you posted your comment? Obviously not. The point is you should know something about the shit if you are going to CRITIQUE it. Get it straight fool.

Remember when this thread was about Plant Trees? And not about certain unnamed "know it alls" who pop on the internet with a dictionary and spell check with the sole purpose of getting in an argument?

To criticise is one thing, but there is so much more worthwhile shit on 12 oz to critique than PlantTrees.

Dude is quiet, keeps to himself, and likes trees. On top of that, hes up everywhere. From New York to California and everywhere in between.

Why would you want to hate on that? Noone has an original name or idea anymore. His was just a bit more original than mosts.

Get over it, but most of all. Get over yourselves.

PS. Why do I have Blind Melon stuck in my head? Ill tell you why. That stupid fucking Pepsi commercial.

http://www.hifiart.com/photobook/books/book5/large/photo2409.jpg'>

You should get the one just before Fruitvale BART. The Harsh, Tree, Chek spot. It's the biggest, most eloborate spot I've seen from Tree.

Seriously though Re: Back and forth on Stak. The New Yorkers got a point. There is no comparison between the raw funk Stak busts and Tree's 'characters'.

Graffiti is letters, it is writing.

So they clowned y'all, whatevs. Tree is up and they haven't seen it. Stak is multi-decade spanning NY style master and you haven't seen it.

Internet!

Archived