HANDLING THE "BIG SECRET" OF GRAFFITI

and now you choke

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i depends who it is. when i go to my parents house and they ask me what ive been doing, ill tell my mom cause shes an artist, and most artists respect graffiti. my dad hates it and i love pissin him off. one of my roommates hates it and feels bad for the peoples stuff i paint on. other than the people im close to, i dont want anybody to know. the feeling of painting just gives me a good feeling, that im giving the city character, and not leaving it bland. i dont do it so i can tell people.

-cdz $0.02

Guest circus freak

to tell you the truth i have never been too worried about who knows and who doesnt. dont get me wrong; im not goin to the top of a mountain and scream it for everyone to hear but if the conversation comes up then i will take it from there. i think it also depends on where you live; if yor a bomber in a big city where yor shit isnt as noticable as in a small city then you have less to worry about. i think it always good to keep yor guard up butstress over it too much... on the other hand, sometimes its good to be paranoid.

• 7 years later...

In this day and age your better off not telling anyone what you do. Infact your biggest enemy will be your own pride and ego. The internet as famous as it can make you. It can also break you. Just ask Ovie ket utah and the rest that have been busted and had thier own computers and e-mail as evidance towards thier convictions. anonymity is simple . never get dirty and dont tell anyone what you did. keep it simple and dont put any pictures on a pc and never keep anything at home. Yes you have to live a double life but trust me its worth it. Also remember that the MAN is always watching and they are part of all these web sites so watch what you say and remember when communicating from your home computer it does have whats called an IP address and you will be tracked down. Sorry coppers but you`ll have to work harder now..So peeps remember keep your mouth shut and your person clean and say no to vandalizm..

In this day and age your better off not telling anyone what you do. Infact your biggest enemy will be your own pride and ego. The internet as famous as it can make you. It can also break you. Just ask Ovie ket utah and the rest that have been busted and had thier own computers and e-mail as evidance towards thier convictions. anonymity is simple . never get dirty and dont tell anyone what you did. keep it simple and dont put any pictures on a pc and never keep anything at home. Yes you have to live a double life but trust me its worth it. Also remember that the MAN is always watching and they are part of all these web sites so watch what you say and remember when communicating from your home computer it does have whats called an IP address and you will be tracked down. Sorry coppers but you`ll have to work harder now..So peeps remember keep your mouth shut and your person clean and say no to vandalizm..

kid, go back to painting the plywood in your parents backyard

if you paint for years and years then it slowly becomes apart of your daily routine. everyone in your life will either get it, get over it or not but its pretty simple. even if you don't do graffiti you probably don't tell everyone all of your business so its not that hard to keep a skeleton in the closet.

nobody knows except about 2 or 3 of my friends...its just very awkward to talk about it when they have no idea about it.....they think its childish and stupid and it makes no sense...and when they call you a "tagger" it makes you extremely irritated as well......people just dont understand that its something you engulf in your life for some reason or another.....they dont understand and i dont want to explain it to those who dont understand..i keep it to myself and the others writers that im close to...family doesnt know....and that is how i would LOVE to keep it....they dont understand what graffiti is and the art form of it...they dont understand that it could be the olny thing that makes you happy...they dont understand that you're miserable unless you're painting.....HAHA i feel like i just wrote a poem..but to be honest its true.people are better off not knowing.cause they won't understand.

Re: i dont hide shit from anyone

i tell everyone straight up:

im gonna do fr8s tonite

im doing brooklyn streets tonite

im doing a roller tonite

no need to feel ashamed about it,or even feel like a dick in some cases

fuck that, i tell everyone "im a graffiti writer" yes i bomb,yes i piece,yes ill write your name for you,whatever it is you do,make it known and be proud.

graffiti is real,real situations with real concequences.

it says alot to be a graffiti writer,u risk your ass everytime you out,whether it be gettin bagged,gettin beat,or dying.

so i say fuck everyone,if you cant except the fact that i like a little thrill in my life and i enjoy painting, then fuck you.

NEKS NEKS NEKS NEKS NEKS NEKS NEKS ABK YMI 2001..........

HELL YEAH! i'm the same way, i mean, i don't go braging about it, but if someone ask me i just tell them, i'm proud of being a graffiti writer, no doubt! & also after 10 year is kindda hard to hide it, graffiti is just a really big, big part of me & my life...

Archived