MSK FLICKS

dr. frink one

It's the only act in the world, excluding revolutionary warfare, in which you DON'T get paid to risk death, beatings, and kidnapping by people with guns. Because YOU choose that path. For me that equates purity. Either keep it extreme or don't bother. Graff is the antithesis of all that is wrong with our sick, twisted, capitalist society. As Raoul Vaneigem said "Who wants a world in which the guarantee that we shall not die of starvation entails the risk of dying of boredom?" and that was 40 years ago. If only he could see us now. Fuck your bourgeouis sensibilities, and your 'are you 7'..profound comeback huh? Fight Fight Fight for everything which is being slowly. yet surely eroded through that type of attitude and bullshit apathy..Fight back kids!

i think you're taking graffiti a little bit too seriously.

you're just writing on shit.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got mad respect for cap.........even tho he is the definition of a bitch as hater

but when it all comes down to it.........he really is a toy

[code][code][code][code][code][code][code][code][code][code]

[/code][/code][/code][/code][/code][/code][/code][/code][/code][/code]

you just contradicted urself.lol

@ Jason...

The funny thing is that this hatred towards graff for commerce is being posted in an MSK thread.

They got The Seventh Letter clothing line popping off, and ALL of em frequently do shows, and sell paintings. That said, almost every single one of them still do more illegal spots every year than you'll probably do in your whole life.

Settle down... It's called making money off of your trade, not "selling out"; it's no different than if somebody made ashtrays for fun and sold a few of them on the side. It's a practice that predates this country, so you might wanna get used to it and rethink your logic.

Yawwwn..You don't know me or what I do. You woudn't even understand how things work RE: this whole issue-7th Letter, that's my point. Where I live top crews sell shit t-shirts etc to toys. Live off the culture, play toys for all they're worth, or 'streeet artists'..blah blah. Exploit their ignorance. Throw a wrench in the cog if you HAVE to..whatever. But doing a scorcher for adidas is wrong. Full stop brother. I don't give a fuck about the circutances..

Well if you would take a sec and think. Screw is MSK / IRAK so obviously hes tight with Snotty. Snotty is mad famous now so im sure MSK was like lets get Snotty down because last I heard EarSnot was in MSK!

earsnots not msk....he has absolutely no interest in most of what they would be doing!

and as for me learning my history BITEREVOKWITHSTYLE....i do know my history.

Ja has put in a shit load of work....and im sure it is jase ur thinking of when u see the ja throws...i know they look similar to JaOne xtc but sorry dude they aint...

JaOne xtc bombs like a machine...i never said he didnt...but he aint shit but a one track record compared to msk heads! and thats a fact...dissin that saber piece was his fuckin most desperate grasp for fame

so learn ur fucking history

Yawwwn..You don't know me or what I do. You woudn't even understand how things work RE: this whole issue-7th Letter, that's my point. Where I live top crews sell shit t-shirts etc to toys. Live off the culture, play toys for all they're worth, or 'streeet artists'..blah blah. Exploit their ignorance. Throw a wrench in the cog if you HAVE to..whatever. But doing a scorcher for adidas is wrong. Full stop brother. I don't give a fuck about the circutances..

I see where you're coming from... but a few years ago Red Bull flew me out to Alabama to check out an event they were doing called Writer's Block where they rented several storage freights and had a grip of writers paint them; they sent them around the country with GPS systems so that people could check them out when they came to their country.

The idea in itself was a bit corny, but Ces, Ket, Pose2, Totem, Tkid, Frame, Skar, Ken82 (and a few other NSF cats I can't remember), Goose, Aser, Erups and a few other kids came out to paint; Red Bull paid for a few plain tickets for Ces and Ket and Tkid, but other than that, kids drove from out of state to take part. And everyone had a good time...

It was more or less a capitalist venture... but Redbull does these events instead of paying for print advertising... So is all of that wrong?

Bump fools getting paid....... because if someone were to pay you for graff...... none of you fucks would say no, and if you do say no, it's because your a fucking idiot! Fuck the montana writers team?.......ummmm fuck yous, what about Revoke,N' 7th letter cats, painting hotels, doing prodo walls, canvases, all over the world...... and those newspaper box things?......... yet they still burn the lot of you, still put in work, and will be known world-wide as kings, while most of you fools, will only be known in your hoods...... FUCK rabid hating pussy ass bitches...... i would hustle graff, getin' paid sun...... getin' paid!.......not to mention fools like t-kid, cope2, cez, all those old freight bombers, killin' shit and now rock the legacy of names...... HATERZ! all yous could eat a dickup till ya hickup...

If these forums are useful for anything other than flicks, it's the (semi)intelligent discourse that takes place far too infrequently. Obviously there are a series of paradoxes and hypocrises that take place in this culture, as with any other. The truth of the matter is that the very same corrupt corporations that are the first to press charges when you "vandalize" their property are putting out major bucks to co-opt our shit. Graffiti developed as an anarchistic culture, and from the get-go folks have been trying to impose rules like they're the "official graffiti commission." good luck with that, you know. it is what it is. Corruption may be an inescapable fact, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna take my anti-corporate attitude and use it to advertise for more unneccesary commercial "product." In the end we're all just spinning our wheels till we go extinct like the dinosaurs. I just wanna smash some shit before the asteroid hits, for whatever that's worth. commence fruitless shit-talk.

Fuck adidas and fuck all that fake ass corporate promotion. No debate about 'oh it's a career, i've done enough yards'..fuck it..SELL OUT SCUM.

Almost an exact Rime quote from GTV #5 with him and Nace. It's funny to watch that interview of Rime, then the one on the Adidas site. On GTV, hes all young and like "Fuck these legal walls, fuck selling out, like guys have 'paid their dues' or whatever, but they gotta realize the reprecussions of what they're doing to the culture" ... something along those lines...People change as they grow up and so do thier ideas. I was surprised when Rime starting getting all L.A. and celebrity with it but fuck he really has paid his dues and still does. I personely can't hate on the guy although his old school philosophy and that interview alone made him one of my favorite writers back then and now hes totally different. Jason obviously stayed with the Rime's old opinion but if Rime's down for the celebrity status I say let him. Rime wil always be the shit....:D :D :D

whole ad campaigns devoted to biting the culture may be "peanuts" to conglomerates (and possibly you, I don't pretend to know), but anything above 10 bucks is dough to me, punking myself though I may be. I'm all for heads being able to feed themselves through creative endeavors, but once you get tied up in their hustle, it's a real sticky wicket. hypothetically speaking, shepard fairy has devoted crazy time and money to bombing obey/giant shit (critical feelings on "street art" aside), but at what point did it stop being the destruction/creation of unsolicited "art", and become unsolicited adverstizements for his art shows, clothing line, magazine, etc. In my humble opinion, dependent on how he spends his gajillion dollars (all relative, I'm aware), therein lies the judgement of any claim to "rebel" status. Same deal with t7l. get paid, please, by all means, but if possible don't shit on that which you've help build. art's gay anyway.

Almost an exact Rime quote from GTV #5 with him and Nace. It's funny to watch that interview of Rime, then the one on the Adidas site. On GTV, hes all young and like "Fuck these legal walls, fuck selling out, like guys have 'paid their dues' or whatever, but they gotta realize the reprecussions of what they're doing to the culture" ... something along those lines...People change as they grow up and so do thier ideas. I was surprised when Rime starting getting all L.A. and celebrity with it but fuck he really has paid his dues and still does. I personely can't hate on the guy although his old school philosophy and that interview alone made him one of my favorite writers back then and now hes totally different. Jason obviously stayed with the Rime's old opinion but if Rime's down for the celebrity status I say let him. Rime wil always be the shit....:D :D :D

" how can you be a grind against society, if society pays you?" or something like that.

fuck it... dude burns

shepard fairy has devoted crazy time and money to bombing obey/giant shit (critical feelings on "street art" aside), but at what point did it stop being the destruction/creation of unsolicited "art", and become unsolicited adverstizements for his art shows, clothing line, magazine, etc. In my humble opinion, dependent on how he spends his gajillion dollars (all relative, I'm aware), therein lies the judgement of any claim to "rebel" status. Same deal with t7l. get paid, please, by all means, but if possible don't shit on that which you've help build. art's gay anyway.

yo man i seen an OBEY sticker in one of them .50 cent sticker machines at the local mom and pop gyro joint around the hood. FUK THAT!

i just rolled my eyes in disapointment.

:cool:

COME ON KIDDIES...HOW OLD ARE YOU GUYS?...22? -23 MAYBE?...SELLING OUT? -HOW DO YOU FIGURE? -WHAT EXACTLY IS SELLING OUT TO YOU? -GETTING PAID? OR COMPROMISING YOUR INTEGRITY AND BELIEFS?....IF YOU THINK THE LATTER, THEN PLEASE GIVE US AN EXAMPLE OF HOW RIME OR ANYONE ELSE AFFILIATED WITH THE T7L FAM HAS DONE SO....CONSIDERING THESE ARE SOME OF THE MOST ACTIVE WRITERS BOTH ILLEGAL AND LEGAL AROUND. BUT IF YOU THINK IT IS SELLING OUT TO GET PAID FOR WHAT YOU LOVE TO DO AND HAVE SACRIFICED FOR THAN I GUESS THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE. RIME AND THE MAJORITY OF THE MSK-AWR-T7L FAMILY HAVE BEEN DOING GRAFFITI FOR 15 PLUS YEARS....HOW MANY OF YOU YOUNG, NAIVE, HATERS CAN CLAIM THE SAME? -THAT MEANS LOTS OF JAIL TIME, DESTROYED RELATIONSHIPS, AND A WHOLE LOT OF BEING BROKE, AND OR REAL HUSTLING TO STAY ALIVE AND KEEP PAINTING IN THE STREETS...WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO TELL THEM THEY ARE WRONG FOR EATING??? THEY ARE NOT DOING "ART" UNDER A FALSE PRETENSE...ACTUALLY LIKE IN RIME'S CASE PER SAY, HE IS JUST DOING EXACTLY WHAT IT IS HE DOES...ON THE STREET, AND ADIDAS IS PAYING HIM FOR IT! -WHAT A GET -OVER!!! -I APPLAUD HIM!!!.:lol: :lol: :lol: