bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by boxcarwilly:

what about the damn straightedge kid with no money.

no worries boxcarwilly. this isn't going to happen this year. i think that we are plannin it next year. so that would give all you guys some time to save some money. i care about ya. and straight edge is the way to go.

------------------

Stonecutters #1

i miss the stonecutters union. i am without internet now...boo hoo.....therefore i can't follow all the happenings in the stonecutter world. i would like to offer my congradulations on making it to twelve pages though. you people make me proud. stay strong brethren.

au revoir.

------------------

stonecutters #1

Guest HESHIANDET

like woah pal. your included, i'll be broke as a fuggin joke myself.

ok guys your the only ones who will give me a straight answer here.

I have an oppertunity to get in w/ a really good post production studio here in town. I'd be considered an intern but i definitely would get paid 10-12 an hour. which is really good fr college student. also the place always leads to a full time job after graduation. the down side is this, i would have to work saturdays!!! and i wouldn't be out poundin the streets. i love my job right noe but i am hurting.. shit guys, i hate t sound like im whining but i guess i am. what the fuck??????

------------------

stonecutters#1

Guest HESHIANDET

very true my friend. hope to catch you in the wine country dooder.

oh and chism...12 PAGES LIKE MOTHERFUCKING WOAH!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

stonecutters#1

[This message has been edited by HESHIANDET (edited 09-17-2001).]

12 months in a year, 12 inches in a foot, 12 pages like oh yeah! (in my best Macho Man Randy Savage voice)

Take the job, Hesh. You’ll make some money. You’ll get some experience. You may even get a permanent job out of it.

As for the first Stonecutters’ ride, there will be plenty of time to save money for the trip. I think Spring Break (or there about) sounds good. I can’t wait to see Joker all drunk and trying to ride while rockin’ the neon spandex. Incidentally, all those older people that usually take those wine tasting tours are in for a shock when we get out there. “I didn’t realize that people like that were allowed into Napa Valley.”

------------------

Al

Stonecutters #1

Here are a couple of articles my brother e-mailed me:

Sucker!!

by Ross, from Humidity, May 2000

Between the road construction, the recent weather and the new stadium, Houston traffic is starting to look like New York. On a couple of recent evenings it's been so gridlocked I had to get on the sidewalk just to get through. And what's with the honking? All these people sitting in their cars seem amazingly angry about it.

What could they possible have to angry about? They're sitting in a plush, leather armchair, a kickass stereo within reach, thick pile carpeting under their feet and a lot of them have a cold beer at their elbow. Sounds pretty comfy, especially when I'm outside getting soaked and blown around and hailed on in a "20% chance of thunderstorm(s)". I mean, it seems like they could be pretty relaxed, like sitting at home in your living room, so why the honking?

I think it's because they're angry. Not just summer electric bill angry or even got a speeding ticket angry. We're talking deep seated, all the way to the soul, pissed off. Why? Because their entire value system, the basis of their strongest held beliefs, the foundations of their entire life are being shaken, and they are scared.

When Mr. Honker was very young, about five or six, his dad took him over to the neighbours' to admire the neighbours' new car. Can you smell the new? Pop thought it was a great thing to have a new car and so it must be good. About the time Mr. Honker was 14, he started collecting car magazines and advertisements, picking out what kind of car he wanted and trying to match it with his self-image. A sport car, a pickup truck, a mercedes? What car would best show the world his personality. When he was older, he went to the car dealer and signed the papers and agreed to give GMAC a quarter of his income for five years and drove away in a new, shiny machine. And after 60 easy monthly payments, it was dirty and rusty and didn't work very well any more. But during the evening news, there was an advertisement for a new one, this one offered driving excitement, performance for type-A people, the biggest in its class. So he went back to the dealer and agreed to give up another quarter of his income.

He's done this a couple of times but he has an empty feeling deep in his stomach. He is starting to realize he's been lied to. He spent all that money and bought this thing and it didn't change his life. He's still working in a cubicle, playing golf on the public course and can't afford season tickets. When he saw the TV ad for this car it was pulling up to a great restaurant with valet parking. It was full of beautiful people. Didn't they promise if he bought the car, he would become rich and well-endowed? They lied! Everybody's been lying, even Pop! It didn't work, something is wrong!

And then some courier scum flies by his gridlocked car, on a damned BICYCLE! How much did that damned thing cost? 200 dollars? Spent 40 grand on this truck and some damn kid on a bicycle flies by, like he has some special right or something. Make him get back here, make him wait on the traffic with me, how dare he, he's not even making payments!

HOOOOONNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKK!

You Might be a Bike Fiend. . .

Or a biker yourself, or boffing a biker, or any or all three of the above. How to tell if courier culture has suddenly become your way of life.

- all your clothes are gore-tex, or faded, or feature groovy reflective strips on the legs

- you suddenly don't care about being sweaty because all your friends are just as grotty as you

- there is a table at the Oak with your name on it

- you really care when the discussion turns to Rock Shox versus Manitou

- coffee is a food group

- so is beer

- your non-bike friends hold their breath when you appear

- you meet someone, start dating, and realize it will never work out because they always take the bus

- your ideal of physical perfection is 6'3" and 130 pounds

- you would sooner smell the scent of bike bag than CK One

- you refuse to be seen in public unless you are wearing at least one piece of clothing from Mountain Equipment Co-op

- your opening line is, "can I borrow your allen key?"

- ambition: to ride the Human Powered Rollercoaster

- you go out of town for a vacation and the first thing you pack is your bike

- when walking past a bike stack, you can tell who's inside without looking in the window

- (in Tour de France season) you return from a day spent riding to sit in your living room full of bikes, and watch cycling on TV

- your pockets are full of old waybills, bike tools, spare change and oh yeah, a U-lock

- "eight inches of rear travel" doesn't have pervy connotations

- you would sooner be dead than off your bike

------------------

Al

Stonecutters #1

Guest HESHIANDET

i have heeded everyones advce. i dropped off my resume and cover letter today. i feel like a traitor. oh and mike, that khs might get sold tonight! grrrrrrrrr somebody id looking at it., cross yer fingers for me.

------------------

stonecutters#1

awww hesh good decision! good luck. i can't believe that you listened to mike outta all people. he's evil when it comes to spending. but good luck on that bike too. it was hot stuff. keep on his tail. do you have that url again hesh...of that khs?

------------------

Stonecutters #1

Good luck on the job, Hesh! The 9 to 5 routine definitely grows on you... not in a good way. But when you're off work, your bike is there waiting for you. Has been all day. It won't let you down and will make sure that you have a smile on your face within ten minutes of riding. It's one of the good things about having a poop job. I work for Nordstrom, so trust me... I know. And you'll definitely have more cash flow for the things you want to do and the things you want to have. Without giving up other things. That little extra bit of money makes a difference. It was amazing when I took a higher paying job. I could actually eat and pay rent in the same month. Good times...

I doubt I'll get all dolled up for the "Tour"... sorry.

------------------

Stonecutters#1

snatch up that job hesh. my boy took a job like that and he's now a serious big baller no joke.

i'm down for this ride but i'm scared of flying. especially now. jobe and hesh, get ready, i'm strapping a bike rack on my old beat up saab and we're doing this cross country. like what. stonecutters crossin continents.

YO HESH, GO FOR THE GOLD. GET THE NEW JOB AND THAT KHS SET-UP THAT I TOLD YOU ABOUT. YOU WILL BE SET. BUT GOOD LUCK ON BOTH HOMIE. I'LL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THAT KHS THOUGH. BY THE WAY..... WHO GOING TO LAS VEGAS FOR THE BIKE EXPO IN TWO WEEKS? DEVILUSH AND I ARE GOING.... PLUS A FEW OF THE BOSTON BLACKOUTS ARE HOSTING A RACE AFTERWARDS. WELL THAT IS WHAT I WAS TOLD.IF YOU ARE GOING LOOK US UP.

damn!....I guess I need to start going to raves......wha? -oh this is a bicycling thread? ..um, yeah I've been riding my $12 thrift store bike for 4 years now throughout my part of aztlan. good transportation but the only downside is that as soon as I get on the bike I become invisible. seriously. very dangerous...

------------------

http://www.silentwrytes.com/mac1A.jpg'>

who's the mac?...

Originally posted by seeking innocence:

go for it bro. bikes will always be there if shit goes bad, but chances like this dont always come around everyday. and with a higher paying job, you can ice out the rims on your fixie...

stonethrower#1

i agree!take the job hesh!this could be a golden oppurtunity.the bike will always be there,you can still ride to work,or in the evenings or on sunday for that matter.this internship sounds like a great oppurtunity.plus you may have some extra $$ for the stonecutter ride.you can always get your messenger job back.plus i know that evil east coast winter is comming up and you could avoid the nasty weather that comes with it.go for the internship.

Guest HESHIANDET

yowsers, i i wonder what kind of groupo shes runnin? i'd be down to road trip it out there. hmmmmmmmm i'd probably diss and ctch a flight home. wow, a couple thousand miles of debauchery.. weeeeeeeeee

------------------

stonecutters#1

_ -o

-_<,

(*)/'(*)

Made it out to the Veledrome today for the first time since my accident. I completely forgot that Track riding uses different muscles than road riding. My legs are so sore right now. Fixed hub question... my hub, I'm assuming, makes a weird noise. It kinda sounds like it's "working"... if that makes any sense. Like there's little mechanics running around inside my hub making things turn. It doesn't sound nasty as if somethings wrong though. It's just a noise. It's alwyas been there. I've noticed other guys who ride fixed also have the same noise. Some louder than others. And then some guys hubs don't make any noise at all. Any insight oh mighty fixed fiends?!?!?!?!?

Track riding is so incredible! Hitting those turns, low in the embankment as fast as you can... and then shooting out the end of the turn... oh man! That's what I'm talking about.

------------------

Stonecutters#1

Guest HESHIANDET

i think your noises might be stemming from your chain going around your chain ring and cog. i've noticed a little "mechanical" noise from that area to.(maybe that freewheel has your ears all messed up http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'> )

also i dunno if you guys ever heard your wheels just doing their thing. when its super quiet out, no cars, no wind and your just moving in silence..the only thing you hear is your wheels turning and the air cutting across the spokes..boy im a geek.

oh -i've als noticed a slight vibration from my rear wheel at high speeds. i dunno, maybe its gettin a little out of true or something.

------------------

stonecutters#1

_ -o

-_<,

(*)/'(*)

Joker, if it sounds bad, your bearings (sp) might need to be repacked. My brother is having the same problem right now. The guy that built his wheels did kind of a shoddy job with the hubs. But otherwise, Hesh is probably right. My chain/cog makes a little clicking noise when I spin real fast.

------------------

Al

Stonecutters #1